1pl8 =?

20kg/side
so 60kg in total by also counting the bar

convert to freedom unites yourself

Are you a 40kg man or a 60kg woman?

Depends how long you've been lifting and where you started

>Benching 5kg each side
:(

If you've been to the gym for less then 2 months, don't beat yourself over it. Everyone has to start somewhere. If you don't want to get flabby by bulking too fast, that's also okay. I'd still advice eating more and doing cardio on off days.

What about 25kg plates

Stop being a faggot. Listen to the advice in this thread and profit. Your bench with improve with time and consistency.

OP shit is super simple. bottom line is everything you eat needs to have nutritional value if you do that and lift regularly u will always look better than someone who dosnt lift. Eat big to get big muscles + strength Eat small to get rid of fat. If you dnt have muscles which you don't you need to eat big before u eat small clearly.

Whatever it takes, goddammit!

beginners do not need to cycle from cut to bulk cus they can build muscle while cutting as inital muscle can be easy to build but even for beginners it is by far the fastest way to improve your body.

How long can you eat like a normal person before starting the bulking and cutting meme?

or you can just try and eat a gainer shake and an extra meal more than usual to start and gain even more muscle imo. might as well start early, its what im trying at least.

Amerifag here.... how the fuck do you niggers use your weird ass metric system? Im not trying to be an elitefag but ours just makes more sense

epic fukin b8. quality post

kys

Poor bait right there

the longer you eat normal the more you will have to cut(fat) when you reach that part of the cycle. You need low bodyfat to look great in my opinion. So eating healthy to gain strength isnt 100% nessaseary but it will mean you have to cut alot longer and long cuts can lead to loss of muscle accidentaly.

Basicly eat healthy to save urself alot more effort later

good for you :)

Don't worry user. Bench is also my shittiest lift and Veeky Forums let's me think constantly that I should off myself because they all bench 500 pounds or some shit.

Just eat right and try to increase weight slowly, bench at least 2 times a week, better 3 times. Do OHP and work on your shoulders in general, this helped me since they are my weakest muscle group and they are important for the bench.

Radu Antoniu

>been lifting seriously for a year
>plateauing hard slightly below 1pl for reps
>deloaded several times already
>tried a 6 weeks intermediate program with microloading, tracking all my calories and weight daily and eating at a surplus for those 6 weeks
>didn't even add 1 rep to my max after those 6 weeks
>discussed bench form with a couple of guys and I have everything down
lol just eat more it's that easy xD
fuck off chest I don't even care about you at this point

benching 60kg as a 60kg natty female is extremely impressive

NEVER DELOAD
thats not a meme well it is a meme but its still a legit meme, never deload bro

Post video of form.

How did you program look like?

>Post video of form.
Maybe I will later.
Imo form checks on Veeky Forums are always full of opinionated shit unless something is obviously wrong but why not at this point.

>How did you program look like?
It's the 6 weeks program on canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/

Does anyone else have trouble actually hitting the chest?
I seemed to have the technique down but recently my front delts have been aching after working chest and it's fucking pissing me off

Guys I need help... whenever I start to bench heavy (for me, lmao 1 plate)
I get an incredibly pain in the upper bit of my left leg, on side of my quad but more towards my hip (dunno what you would call it see pic).
It happens when I try drive through my legs

what about month/day/year instead of day/month/year

IT JUS WERKS

Candytoe's 6 week program is pretty shitty for bench in my opinion. Have you tried switching to dumbbells for a while?

just keep training girl

Have you tried different foot positions? Also flex your glutes (no homo) if you don't do so already

maybe your legs are too far apart. you're lacking flexibility. maybe stretch on off days. until you're flexible enough bring your legs closer together when you're benching?

You chose the worse program for bench, kek.

He even made another program because his 6 week is so trash for bench.

Describe your form, how do you set up and how do you move the bar, what do you cue?

>tfw benched 1pl8 for the first time day before yesterday

:3

Oh yeah forgot to mention I fractured my pelvis/hip last year on that side and had major surgery on it.

Ill have a go a different a foot position, I dont think I flex my glutes either so ill try that.
I dont think its too much of a flexibility issue cause I stretch pretty much every day for my hip flexors and my squats are completely fine, can hit atg pretty comfortably

>finally hit 40 kg bench (10kg on each side) after a month or so from starting
>think i finally got to lmao 1pl8 meme
>mfw read this
>mfw still long ways to go until i even become weak
fugg :-----DDDDDD

almost 85kg/190lbs here

slowly getting there

I never switched to DB entirely but either I do both BB and DB on the same day or I do DB instead of BB every other day.

Which one should I do then? All the other "programs" are basic guidelines more concerned with forcing a list of exercises down your throat than giving you an actual progression scheme.

>Describe your form
Not a native speaker so this is a tough one.
Starting under the bar around eyes level.
Retract scapula, keeping shoulder blades as tight as possible, push shoulder blades / traps into the bench using leg drive for stability.
Lower the bar to mid chest, then push it up imagining breaking the bar in two.

Deloaded from 70kg
Now deloading from 71kg
>tfw gym buddy is a lazy fuck and I have no spot.

Revist canditos site and check out his bench program, as far as i heard its quite good.

Bench is the only lift that needs shit tons of volume, thus 3 benching sessions (real sessions, no RDs) a week is what you need for it, along a lot of volume.

From your description of your form is kind of sounds like you do not set up properly before unracking the bar.
Do you know how to build a proper bridge? And by that i do not mean a hyper arched bridge, but you should actively arch your upper back before you even unrack the bar.
And that does not happen by laying flat on the bench and retracting shoulder - that's almost guaranteed to be a shit set up.

People usually pull their torse up by using the bar, then arch hard while their upper body is still in the air and then drop this whole construct into the bench, shoulder blades first.

You probably just don't do enough exercises. If you only do bench press your bench will not increase.

You also need to do OHP and rows.
In addition do more than one exercise to train your chest.
I I do on chest day:
Benchpress
Incline Benchpress
Close grip dumbbell press
Dumbbell skullcrushers
Dumbbell flies
Rested Benchpress

That's how I left my plateau which I hit around 70 kg back then.
Right now on 120 kg.

please respond

I definitely arch my back. Only points of contact between my body and the bench are my ass and upper back starting from my shoulder blades to my traps.
I do some kind of lever to unrack the bar without losing the tightness in my back but obviously it's not perfect without someone unracking the bar for me.
Tightening up AFTER unracking I have a hard time doing with heavy weights.
Again, let's keep in mind I'm benching 55kg for reps so I think my technique is more than enough for baby weights like these.

I know Veeky Forums isn't one person but I think it's funny how all the smug assholes tell you following a program and tracking what you eat is all you need as a beginner and when this doesn't work I'm told to do a brosplit with a shit ton of volume.

I already do OHP and rows. OHP is pretty bad too but at least it's slowly improving. Back is by far my strongest body part so my row is disproportionately stronger than my other lifts, I'm fine in that regard.

have you seen the loud nigger funny video about scapula retraction?

nobody cares fuck off

It's a form issue if you have been lifting longer than a year and cant bench 1 pl8. Lots of 70% reps will get you there fast.

If you can't bench 1pl8 you'll make strength gains even on a caloric deficit

American education in action here folks.

>stalling at 1pl8 + change

gotta eat more

Been lifting about 7 weeks and I can fairly comfortably do 50kg (110lb) 5x5.

Form is more important than you think, plant those feet firmly, arch your back slightly and drive from your chest. You'll have it down in no time.