Does skipping leg day have any actual consequences?

Does skipping leg day have any actual consequences?

Yeah, you won't build legs.

yeah, aesthetics

no, only try hard fitness autists need to train legs. if you are a normal human you will just be wasting your time

This.
Pretty much everyone knows that only 3 most useful parts of your body should be trained - chest, biceps and triceps.

My legs are too fucking big as is. I have to train upper body just to match.
But if you have chicken legs or are a stumpy manlet then I guess you need to do leg day.
Then again Veeky Forums doesn't do cardio then complains about small calves so what can you do.

>when someone bumps in to you and you don't move an inch, whilst they do the macarena

best feel in the world

>i have naturally large legs

Let's see em faggot

Do you expect me to strip down and try and take a selfie with my ipod touch in nothing but my boxers and shitty lighting to upload it to a bunch of NEET's on a Cambodian fishing board?

>My legs are too fucking big as is
Yeah nah, they aren't.

Yes, you're on fit you fucking retard.
Also don't claim things about yourself if you're not going to back it up.

Kek. Believe whatever makes you feel good about your chicken legs bro. I've always had disppropiantely big legs. I wish I had an upper body too match but I'm working on that.

Post your fucking legs then fagit.
Do you think I take photos of myself in my pants to upload it to people on the internet?

So what you're saying isn't that you have big legs, just that you have a small upper body?

I'm not the one claiming anything, you are, idiot. Forget dropped on your head as a child, you were repeatedly thrown into a wall.

Your other muscles wont grow.
You'd look like an upside down triangle. It don't work like that. Everything needs to grow in proportion

I'm saying that I wish I had an upper body as big as my legs.
But legs are generally supposed to be bigger I guess. Either way I have big fucking legs.

You sound really insecure. What difference does my genetics make to your progress?
If your legs are small work on them.
You sound like a whiny bitch.

Take it easy, bro.
Look at guys who have big legs. Look at Rich Piana from his bodybuilding years. Look at Big Ramy. Those guys have pretty dang big legs, but make it work.
I also do not wish to project or nothing, but are you sure it's the muscle that makes your legs look big? I've shed a good few kilos, and my legs which I thought were disproportionally large, turned out to be a fair deal smaller, and not too disproportionate to the rest of my body (and it will only get worse).

I played 7 years of volleyball.

My legs are big enough. Torso is pathetic in comparison.

>M-muh legs are twigs, SO YOURS ARE TOO!!!
>Muh squats and DLs

Leglets literally on suicide watch

I personally don't even think legs are aesthetic.

No. Just wear pants like you're supposed to anyway and you'll be ripped in half the time because you won't waste time on legs.

Yes, unless you want to be a huge fucking faggot.

Too bad, if your legs don't match your upper body you're screwed either way

I'm in the same boat. As an ex-fatty, all my previous life has been leg day, every day. Down to like 15% bodyfat now.

But I still do squats and DLs 3x a week, and the extra definition on the quads + the dimple above the knee I've gotten from it looks hot, IMO.

Also, strong legs are still important as they are involved in many of the heavy lifts.

What does on fit mean is that a drug or something

He meant Veeky Forums

15% BF is really good man congrats. I need to buy a bf% scale and check mine. I've lost almost 30 lbs though I know that much

Thanks. I was at 120kg initially (264 lbs), down to 80kg (176) over the course of about 8-9 months while mostly just swimming.

Started lifting two months ago, now I'm slowly starting to look noticably lean & muscular, with abs starting to peek through (on a good day with pump + slight dehydration + good lighting, kek)

Still going to cut another 5-10kg in the long run, probably, but right now just taking a break to build some muscle. Guess I got lucky with the genes, almost no loose skin & stretchmarks have gone invisible, but i don't want to try my luck by going too fast. No idea if the bodyfat caliper is accurate, I get wildly varying numbers depending on which method I use for measuring (3pt, 1pt)

Keep at it, we're all going to make it.

lol leglet damage control lmao @ your lives

Aside from not looking like a curlbro and being made fun of by anyone who can recognize a well balance/proportioned physique, yes, there are legitimate reasons to hit legs twice a week like every other muscle group.

1) Look up the the studies regarding the boost in natural test levels as a result of training legs, which will carry over to imrpoved gains for all muscle groups.

2) The more overall lean muscle mass you are carrying from head to toe = higher TDEE. Higher TDEE = being allowed to enjoy more food on a daily basis with less risk of exceeding what you "need", resulting in fat storage. If you arent hitting legs, you can only add so much lean muscle to your upper half, thus missing substantial opportunity.

As a food lover this is actually one of the reasons I wanted to get into lifting in the first place. When I was a sedentary skinnyfat if I exceeded ~2100cals a day I started packing on fat. Nowadays I can easily maintain around 2,500, and when I'm bulking it's actually productive for me to hang out around 2,800, even 3,000 if I really want to push it.

Dont skip legs, you would only be hindering your OVERALL progress, not just leg aesthetics.

My advice? Never skip leg day.
Never.

#1 is key, doing leg-centric lifts like skeewats and diddlys boost your test more than any other lift. they also promote a more aesthetic whole, wimmenfolk like abs and ass

>tfw have great leg genetics.
>Occasionally skip leg day because I know it makes no difference.

Lol

Leg days for queers.

Pic related. Zero leg days this year

Point #2 is spot on man. I tried to convince my friend that only training upper body on a bulk is inefficient but he didn't listen. He got tubby lol

You can put on 0.5lbs of muscle per month as a beginner. Skip legs and you're only getting about half of that while eating the same surplus--> more fat gain

0.5lbs muscle per week*

>manlet tier center of gravity detected