Calisthenics thread. Post routines and tips

Calisthenics thread. Post routines and tips.

3 days a week

Pull ups 5x10
Swim x F

>swim x f
Wat?

pull ups, dips, archer push ups, elevated ring rows, pistol squat, 3-4 series 4-8 rep range

how much of a meme are bodyweight exercises?

you know, bench dips, push-ups, bycicle kicks, planks, bodyweight squats, crunches and such cause those are the exercises I'm doing

as you've guessed already I'm a total noob

Is convict conditioning a meme?

seconding this

I think he means swim til you drown

is not a meme, check out how gymnasts looks like

yeah but gymnasts do actual calisthenics

I only have a floor, a table and myself, 63 kgs skellyfat

Until tired :) because being comfy is more important than striving for improvement

I just ordered a paper copy of convict conditioning today, because I'm all about routines with incremental steps and CC seems to have an assload of them. Aside from the completely retarded bullshit about how the routine was passed down from a navy SEAL in three of the USA's worst prisons or some bullshit, it seems to get results for people. I just hope I wasn't suckered in by snake oil.

Another user said that most gymnasts are on gear. Idk about you, but some of the anons here know their shit.

Get some rings

a lot of anons are also full of shit

?

I'm not gonna marry anyone

We're talking about Sonic's speed rings. Try to keep up.

Dont you really know about gymnastic rings? Dude wtf

he advised you to buy a boxing ring you retard

You're right to say it's not a meme but gymnasts lift heavy weights and use steroids. Stop setting noobs up with unrealistic expectations.

Here's is my current routine

Pullups 5x10
Weighted push-ups 3x10
(Superset) normal push-ups 3x10
Dips 3x12
Pike push-ups 3x15
Incline ring pull-ups 3x10

Then either some L sits for as long as I can hold them, or planks or handstands or whatever I want to work on.

Currently working on building a pullup bar in my backyard so I can work on muscle ups and bar dips, etc

I don't exclusively do calisthenics, but here's all the movements I do which are

3x10 pronated pullups
3x10 supinated pullups
3x10 weighted dips
3x10 handstand pushups (against wall bc shit balance)
front tuck lever hold (working on progression)
3xF L sits
3x10 dragon flags
3x1 min hollow body hold
3x10 toes-to-bar

I'm mostly a runner but I do like to do some upper body stuff when I get bored, below was the best routine I've ever found:

>Front plank for a minute
>Side plank for a minute
>Rear plank for a minute

>handstand progression for however long you like, cut this out if you want

For the next part you alternate between the two exercises. At the very least do three sets of each exercise.

>Dips x8 (increase sets not reps)
>Pull/Chin up x8

>Squats x8
>L-sit progression for a minute

>Rows x8
>Push-ups x8

Back when I did this routine I threw in shrugs with bags full of heavy stuff and curls because why not.

If you find 'exercise x' too hard just google "exercise x progression"

Rest for 90 seconds after each set

Disclaimer:

Bodyweight shit should only be used if you literally do not have the money for a gym membership. It's a very slow way of building muscle and a guy in the gym, with the right routine, will outstrip you in several months. Do not look at gymnasts' bodies as something you can achieve through these exercises, those guys have been doing it since puberty and have done a much higher volume of work.

Also good luck working legs with no weights.

However you can get a kind of ottermode body if you keep your diet in check too.

Just to be clear, it's 3 sets of 10?

And like3xF, how do you do 3 sets until you fail?

Yep, 3 sets of 10 reps. A set to failure (for L sits) is usually 20-30 seconds until I fail. I'll rest for 1-2min and then try for another set, again 20-30 seconds, repeat

Thanks. That's great to hear.

Any idea on a rough estimate of how long doing this would show some results?

Kind of got a potential gf, so want to impress her as soon as i can. But think we are taking it slow.

I honestly had a shit-tons of progress out of bodyweight only. If I aim to just be healthy and fit/lean, would it be enough? I'm also thinking of building my own home-gym but for now I'm spending money for bodyweight equipment (I got my pull up bar, for example, aiming to get some cozy flooring to be able to do crunches/push ups on my fist witouth hurting myself).

Thoughs?