Did being muscular ever turn out as a disadvantage in a situation for you?

Did being muscular ever turn out as a disadvantage in a situation for you?

For example when trying to make friends with loners and nerds it may be harder because some of them are jealous for you and won't give you the chance of showing them that you're actually a nice guy. Kinda like the reverse cool-kids phenomenon fat and ugly kids experienced in high school.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/k1ma69d?r
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yea i wanted to date library weeabo girls in hs but they qouldnt give the time of day, now in college the artsy short hair girls do the same thkng too feelsbadman

Men has openly questioned whether I'm a trap or not. Because I'm fairly tall and well built, yet dress like a woman. Feels good man.

Yeah, i can't scratch my back properly.

When I was skinny, I could act like a dork and girls would think it was cute and endearing. An example would be doing goofy dances at the bar.

Now, if I act like a dork people think i'm just being a douchebag and drawing attention to myself. So I guess I have to act more reserved now unless I fully commit to the douchebag thing.

Being 6'3'' and fit makes a lot of bitter manlet type guys be rude for no reason. also I am a loner type and normies think I am ignoring them because I think im better than them when I dont join in on thier little chats and things at work

I'm considering not lifting now

m.imgur.com/k1ma69d?r

I can concur with weaboo girls not trusting you. But the fact that I still have weaboo girls that I'm friends with from before I got jacked and the fact that I generally know more about animu and mango than them kinda alleviates the problem.
Oh, and lardasses and feminists stare you down. But who gives a shit, I'm not interested in either of those groups. I feed my gains off of their hatred

I have a huge fear of this.

I'm planning to ask out a qt nerd chick as soon as I see her again but it'll probably be very hard to get her to open up because she seems intimidated by me and is probably afraid that I'm making fun of her.

It's way easier to get people to open up when you're fat or skinny because you look more vulnerable

Bullshit. Shit like this doesn't happen if you don't go past natty limit or show off your muscles in an obnoxious way.

>weeaboo
>artsy
I was interested in grills like this but they are terrible people.
Go for a cardio bunny or something.
>hanging out with people who don't respect you
Just hang out with different people. Be the alpha of the group.
breh
>lardasses and feminists stare you down
This is a good thing senpai. Do you think Stacey likes grills like that? The only friends they have are other hamplanet man-haters.

When i first met the gf and her friends from one of my buds, they all thought i was an asshole and douchebag, simply because i didnt talk too much.

These.
If you are good looking and fit but a quiet person, normies think you are being rude or stuck up to them.

people assume I am dumb before talking to me.
>tfw Veeky Forums, blond, good looking (pretty sure at least)
>tfw people don't take my input to conversations seriously at first
Other than that its great tho desu familiar

I'm a /mu/sician that makes lo-fi ambient soundscapes and love 1970s post-punk + new wave, but my aesthetic is too Chad for any girls that share these interests. My current gf hates my music.

I love hipster art school chicks but they are turned off by my reluctance to wear my hair/ dress the way most guys in the field do. There has been the occasional one that loves when I blast arms in a tight Modern Lovers t-shirt, but most of the girls I'm into assume I'm a meathead til they get to know me. Feels weird.

You not talking made them feel insecure because you weren't filling the blank spaces like you where supposed too.
They can give this any label they want but that's why they did it.
This is how normies are, either put up with it or make some wierd weeb friends.
Pro:tip - Weebs are worse and no stacey will touch you once you have their scent on you.

Would they think differently if you were skinny/fat?

Yes this happens to me. People will love you and hate you because they can't have you.

So you're a girl that gets misstakenfor a guy?

before lifting:
>girls probably assumed I was shy
>walked up to me because I was "cute" apparently
>autismo prevented me from doing anything with them
>but hey, at least I could have if I wanted

after lifting:
>everyone thinks I'm alpha
>overhear girls saying "I bet he has a girlfriend" and shit
>never walk over because too shy
>I'll never get spoon fed qts again

People expect you to be the one initiating conversation

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
Can't you make friends easily?
Lifting should give you confidence unless you have some deep underlying social anxiety.

Where do you think you are?

I think, if i was skinny or fat, they would just think im shy or weird.

But they legitamely thought i was an actual jerk/asshole.

god I'm afraid of that.
I'm currently working on my nerd rap career. At the moment no one knows how I look but I might lose a huge portion of my fan base when I do concerts because they'd feel insecure with a muscular guy on stage.

I just use this board to kill time when I'm watching youtube videos am I supposed to take all the fucked up problems people have here to heart?
Fix yourself man.

>underlying social anxiety
>Veeky Forums

Almost all my dates told me they wanted me to stop lifting to stay "cute".

>tfw too old and masculine to be a twink
>tfw not tall and muscular enough to be a stud

Are you gonna do something about it?
Jesus you think there is a trick to socializing, it takes effort every single time and even then sometimes normies can't hack it. Just work on it.
Mate I've spent too long here but it didn't kill my social skills.

jesus fuck that feel senpai

How old senpai?

False. To the average non-lifter (especially among the late teen and early twenty crowd), 14" biceps are considered big arms. Combine that with, say, a v-neck tee or polo, and people immediately think you're showing off. It's 100% the insecurity of others and their projections onto you, but it happens.

That's my age senpai.
>that face
even at this angle your full twink mode. Holy shit. They where actually right

what did I say about 'showing off in an obnoxious way' ? Don't wear clothes that fit too tight and don't wear shit like deep vnecks. Polos are douchey by default.

>tfw buy shirts on qwertee
>they're either way to tight around my neck and arms or way too long
ain't gonna give up dem rare popculture shirts though

>tfw slav genetics make me look masculine but ugly
>tfw can never be anything more than thug mode
>tfw all the qts want handsome ottermode guys

I think I'm finally gonna do it, guys. There's no point anymore.

Who gives a shit what people think about what you wear?

Be a fucking man and wear what you want you little bitch.

That's not me user.
I'm not twinkish-cute anymore and there's no going back, I need to get bigger and then maybe someone will like me.

"For example when trying to make friends with loners and nerds it may be harder because some of them are jealous for you and won't give you the chance of showing them that you're actually a nice guy." - that's an advantage. I don't want to hang out with shallow morons, no matter if they're loners/geeks/nerds/jocks/whatever

The whole thread is whining about people seeing guys that train as meatheads and reacting negatively. All I'm saying is that if you dress like a meathead, you will be taken for a meathead.

>not showing off your gains with a tight fitting vneck tshirt.
Why even lift
I have fuccboi eyes and thick eyelashes so I have some of that cute look still even at 26. Cutting bf% helps too.

If youre too beta to prove people wrong with personality, then sure. People always judge right away, but you can show people youre not one dimensional and your outer 'flaws' will disappear.

Their physical insecurity and your mental insecurity are one in the same, user.

This.
Lifting is supposed to make you confident not whiny. I don't believe any of these guys left ottermode.

Can't say I disagree. But then again, people with alright personalities usually don't dress in a douchey way.

Only real draw back is getting asked to do manual labor/lift heavy things for people.

This. And even then if they are decent they will 'owe you one' so it works out ok.

Then you just say "No"

Nah, but being afraid to dress any way because of perception is no way to live.

*DENIED in the backroom*

*background

People in this place are not really famous for their self confidence

Is that Tim Fork ?

Yes. I noticed it was getting bad. The only girls that like you are your typical bimbos. I said fuck it about a year ago. Took up cardio seriously. Stopped increasing lifts and only do it for maintenance. Now run 6 days a week and I met all kind of people at various competitions. I'm having so much fun doing cardio outdoors that going at the gym. I'm a bit smaller now since I lost some fat and don't look that huge in clothes anymore. Still no hipster arts chick but I now some nice cardio girls (turns out there are a lot more of these on the roads than inside a gym).

Hmm yeah that's tough.

Though atleast with rap, backpack/hipster/nerd or otherwise, their isn't a physique like there is with "post-punk". I'm king of manlets and muscular with zero tattoos. Everybody I share the stage with is tall, lanky, skinny and covered in ink. Musically I fit in, but visually I stick out like a sore thumb.

But it's not the worst thing man, if you can set yourself apart in any way, you've already got a head start. Besides, only the most cliche tryhard chicks are going to chase after the prototypical 'musician', maybe somebody who's into you will also be super into your work. Sucks for me cuz my gf likes that I'm a musician and likes when I sing cheesy love ballads to her, but she just straight up does not understand my more serious work. The only trade off is she's hot and fit...

i would love it if a fit guy tried to make friends with me

so I could masterbate to him in secret

wanna be my friend?

I work at a movkey theater/restaurant. QT Co worker comes to me saying she has a guest who is so fat he can't get out of his seat. Needs my help Cuz I'm not dyel. Tell her no because fat people gross me out

Don't worry, I know it's a good thing. As I said, it feeds my gains.

Don't worry, I know it's a good thing. As I said, it feeds my gains.
But you're implying I want fucking Stacy, who is a giant piece of shit. If only I could find a shy qt without stretched holes

>But you're implying I want fucking Stacy,
Your saying if you where out getting smashed and Stacey was all over your sick gainz because she was smashed as well you wouldn't?
I would senpai. I just wouldn't date a grill like that. But you can get plenty of qt cardio bunnies who are close to Stacey tier nowadays anyway.

the thing is that most "nerds" you meet are fucking plebtier
"gamers" that play exclusively LoL and some AAA games
"weeaboos" that only watch Naruto and occassionally some FotM shit
those guys in your LGS that only play YuGiOh

just start talking to them about some slightly more obscure stuff and you will catch them off guard, they will recognise that you're the genuine deal and that you are superior to them in literally every aspect

Yeah but being attractive in general has been a few times. Guys used to and still do try to insult or bring me down in front of girls to look tough or some shit because I'm able to get the girls they're after without doing much

Tfw skinny af, and only looked at thread because I saw Geralt and I'm a fucking nerd.

But,
The artsy girls, with shorter hair than me, go apeshit for me.

i think there is some bias. I am obese and friends with 2 obese dudes. I one time brought up that I was working out for health reasons, and I notice they went quiet and wanted to change the subject right away. Which I understood, we are ashamed of our blubbery stature.

But I could see how fit guys could get the cold shoulder from some not as health conscious people, even skinnyfags.

I also think there is a comfort level with a confident chubby dude. It's like a Santa Clause vibe. Everybody wants to be around the jolly fat guy, esp during parties when he's cracking jokes.

>ask out petite emo oneitis
>she has a boyfriend
>eventually break down from curiosity and find her instagram
>boyfriend is skinny twink scene kid

Just keep lifting until one day you look in the mirror and think "holy shit, I'm hot."
Bitches are temporary, gains are forever (unless you quit like a fag)

>decently lean
>strong enough, manual labor so I have shoulders, pecs, and biceps with one or two forearm striations
>shaggy hair down to my shoulders, chin scruff, always wear the same baseball cap
>deep fucking voice and tall
>always attracted redneck girls and nerds
>shave, start lifting, lose some bodyfat
>now I look like a strong scene kid, awkward as fuck

I'm one of those loner types that only plays vidya and does cardio, and if someone approached me who obviously lifts a lot, I'd be more intimidated than anything.

Like Okay, dudes approaching me who could lift me over his head, can clearly fuck me up and I'm a faggot.

Last thing going on in my mind is jealousy it's infatuation and intimidation hoping the dude doesn't fuck me up because he might've had a bad day.

Granted that's from a fags perspective who has an obsession looking at men's physiques and muscles.
So my outlook would be quite different due to that.

Sometimes little guys try to provoke me.

When will they learn.

I'm 5'10 though, when will i learn

yeah they are considered big arms but they are not gonna go autistic about how your biceps are too big

artsy girls are ok, but I agree on the weaaboos

>actively pursuing stereotypes of "art girl" "nerd" "punk girl"

what the fuck is wrong with you guys

I'm a phd student in a nerdy field.
I won't say its a common occurence, but occasionally people jduge me to be a meathead

I've been told I'm intimidating and girls are hesitant to approach me. I have a major problem of "resting pissed-off face" where I just constantly look like I'm contemplating stabbing the closest person. Combine this with my big body type and it's a recipe for serial killer.

i was getting girls before i started lifting. this be because i have the FACE, FRAME, and HEIGHT

we're mostly weebs at heart

Yeah, I'm starting not too like it.. I'm 6'3 and basically look like Captain America.

>People stare at me wherever I go
>Men constantly mean mug me
>Women are intimidated by me, doesnt help that I rarely smile.
>I study engineering and everyone else seems to be friends, but they all think I'm some chad
>I'm a quiet and very reserved person, but people think I'm conceited and don't want anything to do with them.

I'll just continue to better myself alone. I mean I'm actually a pretty friendly guy, but nobody wants anything to do with me.

That's why you guys get good at drawing animu

>get good
>drawing anime
anime is babies first drawing

>he can't draw realistically as well as stylistically

>Did being muscular ever turn out as a disadvantage in a situation for you?
Yes. I can no longer bear hug women or animals. They complain about ribs cracking or dying or something. It makes me quite sad.

Are you Russian?

Nah. They all mire or dont give a shit as theyre taller than me

Iktfb. Used to be a fatty and in basically ottermode so strangers think im a douche

>I've been told I'm intimidating and girls are hesitant to approach me. I have a major problem of "resting pissed-off face" where I just constantly look like I'm contemplating stabbing the closest person. Combine this with my big body type and it's a recipe for serial killer.
Might as well go ATG on that shit and shave your head.

Yeah tgis they all prefer dyel degenerates and skinnyfat neckbeards

i have a question, can ANYONE learn to draw or is it really a TALENT? do you need the right HANDS to do it?

We American History X now

Whats up with the caps, m8?

What I see as "talent" is just the ability to pick up on the material faster than the person next to you, not as some secret innate ability that you do or don't have. When you're born in this world, you ain't good for nothing.

Anyways I believe almost anyone can learn how to draw, it's just that they learn in the most inefficient way possible.

Always, always, always, learn your fundamentals. Form, perspective, anatomy, rendering, shading, the works.

Basically, read /ic/'s sticky.

He is referencing the FACE,HEIGHT,FRAME meme

Sorry, I haven't been on Veeky Forums in about half a year.

I'm not good with these new maymays

you will nEVER be geralt why live

Hail based Gooby

>Not wearing Adidas Track suit for them +5 slavness
>Not attracting qt grills with your majestic squat
>Not using your racial bonus skill to convert vodka into gains

My problem is my HEIGHT along with my FRAME makes me very intimidating. Like another user itt, I too have a resting mad-FACE. So, people don't talk to me, and I don't talk to them.

Slav is a broken starter class.

Now Asian, that's hardmode

Im half asian and slav.
Yep i call its normie starter class

Just go henry rollins mode

I call it filthy race mixed mud blood mode

How does someone become cardiovascular?

I get winded going up too many stairs even though I squat 245 for a 5×5

Please assist me in losing weakness, thx