When will we start hanging revisionists?

>Well known historical fact
>"No dude it was actually the truth is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what you believe lmao"
>"Well maybe there's some truth in both views"
>NO, the old belief is 100% wrong, while my new REVOLUTIONARY theory is 100% correct and will remain so for eternity"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust
jta.org/2017/01/31/news-opinion/united-states/remember-the-11-million-why-an-inflated-victims-tally-irks-holocaust-historians
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/9906771/Nazis-may-have-killed-up-to-20m-claims-shocking-new-Holocaust-study.html
headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171121-00050067-yom-soci
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no sources from before 1800 are that accurate

>he was seen an emperor allowing the reformation to spread thus bringing ruin to Europe
>no dude actually he invented the scientific method saving millions of lives

What kind of revisionists are we talking about here? The "hey, let's examine this from a different point of view" kind, or the "lol that's just Jewish propaganda, Holocaust never happened" kind?

>"hey, let's examine this from a different point of view"
You mean "let's take one or two facts completely out of context and run with them, while at the same time discarding all the previously made research because only by completely disagreeing with established theories will I make a name for myself as a revolutionary historian"

example pls

Most of the articles coming out nowadays. There's always some ridiculous interpretation of history that's just exploiting modern sensitivities.
>dude "muh muslim viking cheesemakers"
>dude (insert ancient culture) totally followed my (insert modern ideology)
>dude (insert important historical event) actually didn't change anything at all

Also anything relating to WW2. It's either "Germans were unstoppable ubersoldaten" or "Germans were extremely shit and everyone was borderline retarded". But it's absolutely inconcievable that they (just like any other army) had their ups and downs.

>American Revolution was a continuation of the glorious revolution
>the bill of rights influenced the constitution
DISCUSS

Can you post links to ridiculous open acces articles pls? Want to have a nice laugh.

You know shit about history, why are you so mad?

Just watch any Lindybeige video.

naw man

But user, revisionist historians have given us some of the greatest works of historiography in the modern era.

Crusading as an Act of Love by Jonathan Riley-Smith and The Grand Strategy of the Roman Empire by Edward Luttwak are both nothing short of revolutionary, and they're both historically revisionist texts.

>It's either "Germans were unstoppable ubersoldaten" or "Germans were extremely shit and everyone was borderline retarded".
I see this shit so fucking much it's unbearable anymore.

>revisionist points are all BTFO, all his sources called out, and all his gotcha questions answered by anyone with at least a basic understanding of the situation

>"w-well both sides have some flaws to them"

MHV recently touched on this in a video.

Yeah, I love his videos. He actually just presents the facts unlike that faggot Lindy.

John Greene

this.

>Well known historical fact

because victors don't write history in their favor

>what you believe
>fact

>When will we start hanging revisionists

so what you mean is when can you kill those t protect your dogmas...hmm and I bet you will claim what you believe as fact after your hangings.

when has this happened.

John Greene, Nation of Islam, Trojans are French

>if I call someone a revisionist, I don't have to address all the holes in my model
genius

There's always a chance they're right
I don't want to give license to /pol/ nonsense, but a blanket ban on questioning historical knowledge sets a dangerous precedent.

>histocial orthodoxists use models
you're a joke

That's not what I meant. Of course challenging old theories and presenting new ones is great, but the problem is the inability to reconcile the two. What's with the constant need to do a complete 180 on existing theories?

Bit of both innit
the germans adopted the prussian system, in which while the chief of staff was in complete control of the strategic dimensions with the general staff as simply an advisory council or sorts, field officers were given quite a bit of autonomy to show off their tactical chops, and were generally recognized if them not sticking to the chief of staffs plan went better than if they did. The result is generally very competent field commanders who properly take initiative. The problem is with the chief of staff, who in good times is moltke the elder and in bad times is moltke the younger. In terrible times, it's Hitler usurping the position entirely.

It's part of the dialectic that brings ideas from abstract to concrete.

Which part of "inability to reconcile the two" did you not understand?

What are you even talking about? Provide some examples. Include names of authors that you dislike so we can argue about an actual person instead of a vague strawman.

Thesis and antithesis. The conflict is inevitable.

But the resolution of the conflict yields something new - a synthesis - eliminating the flaws in each, leaving behind common elements and ideas.

that concept only applies to governments, not ideologies and understandings of the world.

>2 million Jews found dead at the hands of Nazis
>"Holy shit dude look at these 6 million dead Jews!"
>"Isn't it 2 million? You don't seem to have a lot of evidence for your number"
>"Are you denying the 7 million you anti-semite? That '2 million stuff' is just a bunch of old Nazi propaganda made to hide the 11 million!"
>"But a lot of reputable historians support that theory-"
>"Dude stop denying the 12 million you Nazi, 4 million people died in Auschwitz alone so those reputable historians must be ANTI-SEMITE NAZI RACISTS, if they were reputable they would all agree on the 20 million"
Can't wait for the new revolutionary "60 million" theory

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>confronted with the truth, the revisionist begins to return to the shadow realm he emerged from

Pics or it didn't happen

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust
jta.org/2017/01/31/news-opinion/united-states/remember-the-11-million-why-an-inflated-victims-tally-irks-holocaust-historians
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/9906771/Nazis-may-have-killed-up-to-20m-claims-shocking-new-Holocaust-study.html
Amazing how the Nazis manage to kill more Jews with each passing year

do I really have to post it?

>AVE
>V
>E

All I can really say is that I want to punch anyone that dares remove George Washington or Thomas Jefferson from our public places.

>Varg Vikernes
>anytime a Gibbaustist meets a Rostovtzeff

Why is Holocaust revisionism the one sacred cow we are not allowed to touch?

I'm getting sick of jews and their lies desu

Because stormfaggots are even bigger liars.

good goy! give that circumcised man a shekel! you like your slavery, dont you, my little sweet mouthed girl?

>tfw people forget that by nature of the changes and shifts in the field if history every historian is a revisionist

>le victors write le history
nice meme

Please.

Every generation revises history to suit itself. Gerontophagy is the heart of academic history. Without it, we'd be out of a job.

On this note, I got really pissed off by some facebook meme decrying the national anthem, because it was written by someone who bought slaves. It's almost unbelievable that someone could be so disingenuous as to call Francis Scott Key, an abolitionist who bought slaves to free them, a slave owner, but how else are you going to slap racism on to another founding aspect of America, amirite?

>tfw a person actually sat behind their computer and wrote this

they try to. They never succeed unless you cripple your mind and only litsen to christian liturgy

HAHAHA
A
HAHA
A
HA
A

>stormfags

>human

I’d like a source for that user, of course facts and figures change, just look at Crusader battles

>be this moron
>post on Veeky Forums complaining about revisionists
>get called out
>then says revisionists never succeed.

gtfo, moron

>People are not allowed to revise their previous understandings
>The media is an authoritative source on anything

Sorry guys the plum pudding model is the only model we can ever use for atoms

This is exactly the kind of shit I mean. How many atomic models have we gone through in the last two hundred years? Nobody calls it dishonest to revise those models based on new, more accurate evidences and the only people who make a big deal out of eight planets are fags who want to sell you a t-shirt and get those click-dollars.

It's kind of hard to top the Jewish "White people don't actually exist but they still need to check their privilege" lie.

>big deal out of eight planets

Don't forget the mouthbreathing dipshits who say 'muh daddy learnt that there was nine planets, so my boy Cletus Jr has to learnt it like that too.'

Those assholes vote.

Ain't no planet x coming cause ain't no space cuz ain't not globe earth

>Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Those assholes get shut down in public discourse almost immediately while conspiracy theorists and historical revisionists get humored while they trot out their tired fallacies and regularly disproven """""evidence."""""

The rule they used to disqualify Pluto is still not a particularly good rule.

>Those assholes get shut down in public discourse almost immediately

lolwut?

pic related

History isn't science. It's not the product of experimentation and observed phenomenon, it's people looking at the same evidence the people that came before them looked at and somehow coming to the opposite conclusion typically because they have an ideological ax to grind. In fact more often than not they have LESS evidence thanks to the passage of time, yet somehow some professor scratching around in the dirt with "physical evidence" trumps eyewitness testimony from the time.
>Eyewitness testimony is unreliable.
and some guy digging random holes in the dirt hoping to find the right spot five hundred years later, based off of a three hundred years old rumor is more reliable?

>Donald Trump has not been raked over the coals for not reading books.
Nigger, what rock have you been under since 2015?

The scientific method can be applied to history just as easily as it can be to hard science. If your results cannot be replicated in a statistically significant manner then they should be discarded.

~62 million mouth breathing assholes were so shut down in public discourse that they managed to elect an orange urinal cake president.

You have a much different definition of 'shut down in public discourse' than I do.

>implying the full weight of the fourth estate doesn't coming swinging at Trump the moment he glances at the send button

Can you imagine if the "Colombus was a rapist" crowd got a tenth of the hostile scrutiny Trump gets?

wew lad

go back to 8th grade study hall, m'kay?

>implying the assholes who voted Drumpf give a shit what the 4th estate says. They actively reject it.

An election isn't a public discourse. A lot of things that lead up to the election are, like debates and press conferences, but the election itself is not. Remember what the media was saying about Trump all through 2016?

The more important question is when are we going to hang all these pedophile weaboos?

Ah so you're a fascist that thinks 62 million people should shut up and follow their coastal liberal elites off a cliff withiut question in other words.

If history were settled and everyone agreed on what happened, a million useless historians would starve to death.

>People don't take my contrarian beliefs seriously because my sample size is one out of a bunch that I will ignore from now on
You are the problem.

who are you emerald texting brah

It's already begun
headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171121-00050067-yom-soci

>I am smart because I have better definitions
And people like you feel superior...

>They actively reject the anti-American media that can't even be trusted to get the facts straight on something as simple as fucking Veeky Forums

Gee I can't imagine why....

That's the problem, people DO take contrarian historical claims seriously even when the research is spotty, just so long as as it's ideolocally convenient.

>People are not allowed to revise their previous understandings
Yeah, can't wait for the Holocaust to be revised to 6 billion dead Jews alone so I can be forced to pay more reparations

Reparations are paid to survivors, not to the families of the deceased. But you'd know this if you weren't a LARPing burger.

If we stopped race mixing we could pay Jews more money as there'd be more whites around to pay the white tax.

>historical fact

any time you talk to a holocaust denier

Symbolic of post-modern culture, where facts, arguments, debate, and discussion mean nothing as long as you spam your same three macros and over and over again so that idiots repeat it and start shouting at other idiots who don't.

Truth doesn't matter, only ideas do. That's what all these people are running on. Only ideas matter and if any idea can matter then it's only a matter of how hard I force that idea. I could make you all believe in shit eating if I forced it hard enough.

>What kind of revisionists are we talking about here?

It’s become common for academics to cook up some kinda “shocking!” theory that goes against conventional wisdom, in an effort to make a name for themselves to get additional funding grants (i.e. their bread & butter).

Except in the past, when someone promoted an outlandish theory, they were expected to back it up wth actual evidence and if they couldn’t, they were quite rightly disregarded as kooks but with the rise of political correctness, the end now justifies the means no matter how retarded and any opposing statements are immediately attacked as being “racist” or “misogynistic”, etc.

Thus for example, the factual history of Easter Island’s original inhabitants engaging in an orgy of squandering its limited resources in inter-clan feuds and pointless religious efforts to the point of anarchy, cannibalism and inbreeding, gets ignored by SJW “academics” who insist that despite all evidence to the contrary, its all the fault of European colonists…

in case you weren't aware, it's 10 planets now.

HISTORIANS DO NOT RUN CONTROLLED TRIALS YOU IFLS DUMBASS

Oh, some of those extra-Jovians have clear orbits?

dude, that one the Sumerians apparently knew about with the fuckhuge elongated orbit has been detected because gravity waves.

>Have hypothesis
>Test hypothesis and gather evidence
>Evidence supports or disproves hypothesis
How is this not applied to historical analysis? Are you sure you're not confusing historians with archaeologists?

I know that, but does it have an orbit free of other non-orbiting bodies? Because if it isn't then it's not classified as a planet, it's classified as a dwarf planet.

Because whenever Holocaust revisionism is brought up, instead of using sources, the stormcucks just say random unsourced shit, and then when they are asked for sources they give some article by a non-historian neo-Nazi that wasn't peer reviewed and usually has no evidence backing any of their statements. Sometimes they even purposely edit fake photos like pic related for the purpose of showing how the Holocaust was "fake".

Basically, we hate stormfags here not because of their ideology, but because they care about pushing their ideology more than representing history as it actually occurred.

>doesn't know what science is
>durr revisionists bad reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Didn't literally the opposite happen? Weren't the original estimates of dead jews higher than the current estimates?

technically no in the strong sense of free because that's not how gravity really works, but calling Pluto a dwarf planet is kind of missing the forest for the trees as it were.

>le the German army was great but Hitler kept getting in the way meme

so boring hearing this nonsense over and over and over