What would happen if the Greeks successfully retake Constantinople? Would it improve their shitty economy?

What would happen if the Greeks successfully retake Constantinople? Would it improve their shitty economy?

No because they hadn’t industrialised and all the wealth was in the new world

Greece would become New Turkey. There are more Turks living in Istanbul then the whole population of Greece.

That wouldn't necessarily be a problem for long

sweet we can have two whole country of WHITE AND BASED TURKS and zero gr**ks

Agreed, woe to the conquered etc etc makes me think about what would happened had the Greeks won instead, would the turks still be eternally buttblasted about about muh Istanbul muh genocide muh ethnic turks and cry about it on the internet?

Really makes me think

The Turks purged Constantinople of Christians when they retook it. I imagine the same would happen in reverse.

One of big part of Turkish economy is tourism and tourism to Istanbul particularly.
If Greeks managed to hold the straits, they would probably make Constantinople even bigger tourist destination, they could even try to do some ambitious projects like rebuilding old Constantinople landmarks like Hippodrome and other stuff. Controlling the straits would put Greece in extremely important trade position and make them even more rich.
Better economy will increase greek population and probably make them more successful as a nation.

As for native turkish population, they would probably be deported the same way as OTL after Greco-Turkish war, assimilated or ethnically cleansed...

Ah yes the genocide of the greco-turkish population exchange, agreed upon by the greeks, venizelos himself

When will the eternal turk pay for this horrible war crime?

The genocide happened before the population exchange you mongoloid, study some history before you post.

By Young Turks under Ottomans...
The Turkish republic didn't do much of that shit, except on mountain kurds.

No, the Turkish republic didn't, Kemal already did everything before establishing it.
>inb4 muh jew propaganda there's no proof
The Armenian, Greek, Assyrian, etc Christian genocides have all been recognized by the International Association of Genocide Scholars, an independent organization of historians dedicated to studying genocides. The fact the genocides happened is indisputable.

>implying im dening the genocide.
Ottomans without a doubt massacred greeks, assyrians and armenians and it should be considered genocide.

But Kemal literally had nothing to do with it. He even called these massacred "shameful act", a lot of prominate turkish figures durring Kemals rule were armenian descent and were praised for it.
He even 1926 said that the Young Turk Party was responsible for "... millions of our Christian subjects who were ruthlessly driven en masse from their homes and massacred"

There are tons of reasons to hate roaches, but putting Kemal and Turkish republic in same vain in wrong in my opinion.

Kemal orchestrated all the genocides except for the Armenian, which he was by the way more than happy to fulfill. The Greek genocide happened after he commenced the counterattack and the collapse of the front in Anatolia, with the Turkish army under Kemal chasing the scattered Greek army (along with all Christian populations that were insightful to see the genocides coming and followed the Greek army back to Greece) and massacring all Christian populations on his way.

Oh yeah, i didn't realise greek massacres still continued between 1919–1922...
Guess your right.

How can a man be so based?
He kicks out the invaders and the collaborators follow them out of their own will.

HUUUUUUAAAAHHH....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH NO NO NO NO NO

HUUUUUUAAAAHHH....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Would it improve their shitty economy?
Substantially. Istanbul's economy is considerably larger than the Greek economy as a whole.

Kemal's soldiers massacred tens of thousands of Armenian civilians during the eastern campaigns. When he captured Smyrna, he deported tens of thousands of Greek male civilians who were of military age. They were moved into the interior and many of them died. He gave the women and children a deadline to GTFO Turkey. This was months before the population exchange was agreed upon.

No one will disagree that he wasn't a brilliant general, but he was also ruthless and contributed to the purging of Turkey's ethnic minorities.

>Kemal's soldiers massacred tens of thousands of Armenian civilians during the eastern campaigns
I'm glad he did that

Also in Giresun TOPAL (PBUH) (BLACK BULL) OSMAN (SAV)'s gangs massacred a lot of Pontic Greek and Armenian subhumans here. Do you want me to post the copy pasta?

The funny thing is, his party would probably prefer to have a large Greek minority today in order to mitigate the electoral dominance of the Islamists.

HUUUUUUAAAAHHH
see

Ataturk was wrong in thinking he could change the culture and heritage of people who saw themselves as ottoman islamic conquerors of europe into being part of the west just by forcing it on them. No matter how revered and visionary you are, you can't just change the consciousness of a whole region through force of will, and the modern turkish leaders are proof of that, the people don't want kemal or secularists in charge.

*cringes*
whites are literally retarded lmao