What's your opinion on multi vits? I heard they kill people, but if someone is poor and malnourished...

What's your opinion on multi vits? I heard they kill people, but if someone is poor and malnourished, isn't it ok to take one? There's really no other way for them to get those nutrients. And how are you supposed to know which ingredient combos to choose? You can't just take one out.

Other urls found in this thread:

theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/ok-but-should-i-take-a-vitamin/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25441954).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I started taking this multi about a year ago and it's almost completely gotten rid of my acne. It's not as anabolic as others that I've tried but not having acne is worth it.

>anabolic
>vitamins

What?

It kills people because people are dumb enough to take a lot to reach toxic levels.

heh heh. supps

You can only die from a multi if you exceede the dosage.

literally every doctor i've asked about the effectiveness of multivitamins say "well, they can't hurt"

like, so do they help?

i don't fucking know

i got some bloodwork done and my vitamin B12 was super high, but i had been supplementing like 10k% of my "faily value" in pills, so obviously the pills themselves do work. but my vitamin D was "okay but could be better" despite me taking about 300% of my daily value, so obviously you have to supplement a SHITTON for your body to really absorb stuff.

I used to take up to 3 of those per day

And then what happened? Did you feel better?

Did you start losing your hair? What

I suspect this is because they contain both vitamin C and iron, you don't want those combined as it will greatly increase your serum iron which is linked with higher mortality.

Tldr : if it doesnt have iron its probably fine

b-but i'm slightly anemic

Jesus Christ don't go fucking nuts on the vitamins because must of the time they're harmless unless you're taking 10000% of your daily value.

Iron oxidizes super easily in the body and being "slightly anemic" is a blessing actually. One reason women live longer is because they bleed out iron through menstruation for most of their life.

well i am a woman and slightly anemic so not sure if that's a good thing

then again my period has almost completely stopped since i started lifting soooooo

>multi vitamins
>kill people

Nigga wut? Where the fuck did you hear this nonsense?

The problem with multivitamins is how your body absorbs different vitamins.
I don't know the entire list, but essentially out of the entire list of possible vitamins only a handful can be absorbed from a multivitamin the rest are passed on.

Certain b vitamins are processed by the bacteria in your stomach, the bacteria poops out a nutrient smoothie and the result is more easily absorbed by your stomach.

>tldr
>the effectiveness of vitamins is minimal

Fish oil,
nitrogen enhancers
a few other supplements have shown promise as they are absorbed in the same process as if you had eaten them from natural foods.

harmless, but helpful? docs still won't give me a straight answer.

but i was instructed to take about 1300% of my DV for vitamin D

Protip: your body needs fat to metabolize Vitamins, D in particular. If you're not eating something fatty along with the supplement you're not getting the dose it says.

I use these, I definitely feel a difference after taking them for a week or two.

but is it placebo?

Oh that makes sense. Women can actually go anemic but in men its practically impossible. If your serum iron isn't below like "30" (dont remember the unit) you should be fine. I give blood to lower mine because it was 185.

I don't think so, it really helps me sleep a lot better at night and I notice my recovery times(especially if I go drinking on the weekend) are much shorter.

Only bad thing is it makes your piss really bright and smelly.

listen to your doctor

this article may help you
theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/ok-but-should-i-take-a-vitamin/

Wait what the fuck are you serious?

Have I been not metabolizing the vitamins I eat? It didn't say shit on the bottle

what i want to know is (in addition to a sauce) what constitutes a fatty food? how many grams of fat?

Vitamins are a waste of money. If you're actually deficient in a particular vitamin (which I doubt you are) it's cheaper to just adjust your diet. Vitamins are absurdly expensive. They're designed to sucker in middle aged women who think the answer to their fatigue is in a pill.

>If you're actually deficient in a particular vitamin (which I doubt you are) i

and you can make this assumption how?

how many of you guys actually get bloodwork done? shit is useful. takes some guesswork out of the picture.

Okay. Assuming he is deficient in a particular vitamin, the rest of my comment still stands.
Waste of money.
Change your diet.

my point was that you should always know for sure what you are lacking so you know exactly how to adjust your diet/which supplements to take if you would rather go that route.

Don't know if you're still here, had to put the kids to bed.

Yes it's true, dietary fat is necessary for the body to metabolize certain vitamins, in your case D (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25441954).

As for what type of fat it doesn't really matter, although it is always better to avoid saturated fats in favor of mono- or polyunsaturated fats. Avocados, hemp seeds, fish oils are all good options to take in conjunction with your vitamin D in order to maximize the absorption.

Hope this helps.

FOR THOSE TAKING VITAMIN D AND HAVE ACNE PROBLEMS.

I was taking 5000 IU's a day and I was consistiently getting awful cytic acne on my forehead. I didn't realilze it was the vitamin D until I stopped taking it. After I stopped I hardly got another one. I am still dealing with hyperpigemnation to this day but I have some Retin-A and I' going for a dermabrasion soon.

Vitamin D can easily build up in your system. Only take a little bit at a time.

Most ones made for men don't have any iron in them. Women need iron due to blood loss from their periods though.

Well Vitamin A is what counteracts acne, so take that in conjunction with B. Accutane is derived from vitamin A and both result in the reduction of oil production in the skin.

I don't have acne, I'm using the Retin-A purely for scars.

Oh, fuck. Never mind me then. I didn't know it was prescribed for scars. Bad assumption on my part. How well does it work for scars anyway? I've got some stretch marks on my front delts that are shit.

I was scared to use it for a while because my cysts went away and I finally had a clear face other than the scars and Retin-A has a chance of brining out old pipmples from under the skin. I wanted to enjoy a acne free face for a while so I've been using a 10%AHA for over a month and a half and there's a bit of difference. I just recently started using the retin A as a spot treatment for one really bad scar and I think it's helping.

It's probably best to get some sort of procedure done to speed up the process. The scars can stay for over a year if untreated and months with home treatment.

>procedure

Eh, I'll look into it, but you might be speaking on deaf ears on that one. I was lucky to not have too much cystic acne so mine cleared pretty well over time (after years of acne treatments). But scarring for me is really just limited to stretch marks. Guess I'll live with my proud womyn(tm) tiger stripes.

I take one per week.
Taking too much is really hard on the kidneys.

Where does coffee fit in to this thread?

> I take one per week.

Me too. I take a multivitamin every Friday morning. That way I figure I'm not overdosing on 10,000% of my DV of niacin or some shit but if I actually am deficient then hopefully the vitamin will be enough to prevent me from getting some weird rickets or some shit.

And yeah I have gotten bloodworm and the doc said I was low on Vitamin D and so I started taking Vitamin D supplement every day at the doctor's orders.