IS CUTTING WORTH IT?

No bullshit, just give me entertaining and truthful answers:
Am currently in the best shape of my life (so far), 20yo, 183lbs, 10%bf, 185cm.
I haeve a choice here pertaining to Cutting for summer. Is it worth being below 10%bf or should i stay the same and keep my gains???

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/39f8im/did_nasa_use_the_metric_system_when_we_landed_on
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How tall are you family

How much time does it takes to go from 14% to 10%?

All up to you family member, depends what you want to look like. I'm 11-12 atm but would never go below 10 but that's just me famalam

Depends on a lot of things

Literally one day

he said 185cm in post

If you really are 10% you don't need to cut, you should have pretty good abs

Don't give me that Euro metric shit pablo I want an American measurement.

literally never been above that bf, started off as a skelly, lifted from 16 to 20 (nearly 21), serious lifting for past 2 years. my problem is putting ON weight, so now that i have it im reluctant to lose it

was it worth you typing this reply out? really? get fucked mate, either answer seriously or go back to jacking off

If your abs are visible, you're set for summer (they should be at 10% bf).

1850mm

when will you guys learn that metric is superior?

>implying only europe has metric.
you are fucking deluded, bro.

>Euro metric shit
>Can count with one hand the countries that use bullshit "american" units

Does measuring in pounds makes you feel like you're lifting more?

>Implying you lift

There's a big difference between "visible abs" at 10-12% and perpetual abs at 7-8%. It's difficult to describe until you've been that low, but at the latter range you won't need to flex, don't need lighting or angles, and posing isn't necessary. In a completely normal stance people can still see your six pack 24/7, a la Zyzz mode. At 10-12% you can look pretty good in pictures so long as you hit a good angle and flex. Up to you.

Exactly this. My abs are "visible" but I need good lighting and I have to flex. I want to drop lower.

Pic related, my "abs".

Nice physique man. And this is indeed what I was describing, looking at about 10-12% in that pic. The abs are impressive and a good confidence boost, especially to people who are skinnyfat or flat out overweight. But for me the long-term goal isn't to look good when standing perfectly still under the right light. You actually want to be able to walk around and for it to look natural.

Here's an easy mirror test: Flex your abs to look as good as possible like you always do. Now completely unflex and take a deep breath in through your nose. Are your abs still visible as your stomach distends? If so, grats, if not, you likely aren't single digits yet.

6hands 1mouse dick
Here you go sir

Guys gimme a tip for my cut.
I'm 1.72 and 74 kilos
working out 5/7 days and doing 20 min HIIT 3/5 days.
I'm on a 1500-1600max kcal diet.
Should I increase/decrease calories ? The BMR says 1790 ~
I went at the gym today and felt weak as fuck, probably overkilled it.
Help a brotha' out.

Different user.
Not really that much into bfat terms and shit like that since honestly I love liftan heavy.
But I was under the impression that a below 10% bfat is not something sustainable 24/7/365. Was that bro science?

Pretty sure 8% is maintainable with a decent diet.

How are you not losing weight on that cut i'm 1.70 and I went down from 88 kg to about 68-69 by eating 1500 cals non lifting days and 1800 lifting only did SS 3 times a week no cardio.

I also switched to FRANK YANG's brosplits from Greg Nuckols's 5x5's when I started the cut. Does it matter if I do 5x5 or brosplits ? I love to lift big :(
I don't know how this works bro. I haven't measured my weight since I started the cut tho. May check it tomorrow.
How long it took you to go from 88 to 69 ?

>r9k thinks these guys ended up looking like this on accident by eating pizza

Forgot to mention I just started the cut this week, only did cardio on monday, tomorrow is the 2nd session.

Obviously it depends on you and your goals. In my opinion it's not, unless you're fat. No one sees me shirtless, I'd rather be big and strong at 18% eating more food than smaller and shredded

Assuming natty, 8-10% is absolutely healthy and maintable year round if you only lean bulk at most +300 cals/day during bulking season, or do a Lean-Gains approach. That said, you will not achieve maximum results as far as adding muscle and strength as compared to a traditional bulk/cut cycle. Looking at around 8-10lb's of 100% muscle per year.

If you want to pack on what is considered to be the maximum natty limit of 1lb muscle every month, or ~12lb's of 100% lean muscle mass a year, most people will have to surrender going into the 10-14% range at least for a few months before cutting back down. Just depends on your goals, seasonal aesthetics, and other life priorities.

>chest is small af.
>medicore lat spread
not aesthetic

go ahead show your own physique

Lats aren't too bad, m80. It's all angles.

But okay.

Hey bro, I am still bulking currently and I was wondering how I should go about my first cut (guess around jan to feb next year). I saw your progress pics, so I reckon you have some good tips. I am mainly asking about macros, as in, should I drop fat or carbs from total cals and what ratio range I might have a good start with?

>metric
>superior

don't listen to him, your lats are good

You can cut the calories via reducing carbs or fats, it truly doesn't matter so long as you hold your protein intake at .8-1.0g per lb of lean body mass. People will argue endlessly about low fat vs low carb and which is better, but at the end of the day being in a caloric deficit is the one and only mandatory adjustment required for cutting. Keeping the protein intake up ensure's as little muscle loss as possible.

When cutting I don't even record or aim for certain ratio's of carbs and fats. All I target is: Total Calories consumed should be -500 from my TDEE, and make sure I hit my protein intake. That's it, that's all that matters, trust me, it works like clockwork every time I've cut.

reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/39f8im/did_nasa_use_the_metric_system_when_we_landed_on

Thanks man! Sounds simply enough. Now I really look forward to cutting next year.

Mirin

Looking forward to seeing the progress my man. Different diets/ratios are simply different methods tailored to your taste, lifestyle, and personality. I've done full on keto, low carb, carb cycling/backloading, intermittent fasting, you name it. None of them are more efficient than the other in terms of dropping bodyfat, they merely cater to controlling hunger levels based on making that caloric deficit as bearable as possible. Try several approaches to see which you find most sustainable, that is the key.

At that weight and bf% I would add more lean mass instead of cutting fat.

10% is a great achievement (better than most athletes), but I don't think it would be worth the extra aesthetics.

At that size and leanness focus on adding muscle/controlling proportionality.

Good job, op

How does one get to single digit bodyfat? I've managed to reach 10-12%, but always stall out around there and never make it to single digit. I'm at 1500 calories a day for about 3 weeks not, and still stuck. What's the secret?!

Bulk is going slowly but steadily, as it should be. I dabbled with weights for years now, always wanting to get to 80kg with low bf, but never took my diet that seriously. But now I will, and first things first is to put some damn meat on my frame (70kg atm.). I will try them in due time. Thanks for the encouragment and keep up the good work you are doing on here.
I have no current pic on my phone right now, but I lurk around, and might post one soonish in a cbt or similar thread.

183cm 87kg reporting in. Down from 100kg in about 4-5 months. I have no idea how much that is in Americlap measurements and I have no intention of finding out.

>He doesn't know they use metric system at NASA
XDDDD

the date pyramid is pretty biased but the rest is alright