Distance runners who think they have strong legs just from running hills

>distance runners who think they have strong legs just from running hills

>functional strength

I used to be one of them

If I could, would beat the shit out of skinny cunt past me for being such a delusional and egotistical faggot

doesn't take a genius to know who is stronger between endurance oriented humans vs hypertrophy/strenght oriented humans

>bro friend runs cross country
>"I don't need to do legs I'm a runner"
>comes in every day of the summer and does abs and chest
>every summer is gonna be the one he "gets jacked and fucks all the bitches"
>never makes any progress

I'm a runner and I kick all of your inflated asses.
Catch me... if you can keep up.

Pure endurance athletes are pathetic
Skellys that think they are fit
Literally top kek material

i dunno man i was just a regular runner and kicking holes in walls by accident and shit

then i started lifting and i'm pretty sure 8 years of running daily set me up for maximum hypertrophy because my legs are insane

>fat / obese who think they are strong because they have to carry around all that fat

I bet if I ran now none of you would catch me faggots

i run 60mpw and you have successfully rustled my jimmies

fuck why do i still surf this board.. its all gym rats anyways. the food threads are good i guess..

>weightlifters who think they are fit just from weights and (if you're lucky) "tabatas"

no one wants to catch pure runners, girls least of all

muscle made from endurance is stronger than useless puffy gym muscles, those are seriously mostly water and cant do shit besides bench and curl

Yeah, that's it, just run away, pussy :D

yep, run away, bitch :D

I know this feel. Could run forever, but shit at sprint 4 years ago, started training weights, and explosiveness. Just hit 4.8 on my 40 the other day, but still lacking explosive power that I know I can get, and my sprint has increased in leaps and bounds.

Running won't develop strength but will create a rich neurovascular base that will allow you to train harder and recover faster when you start lifting. That is: as a beginner you'll have better blood supply and innervation compared to someone that doesn't run.

I squatted 100kg and deadlifted 150kg weighing around 90kg on my first day, all I had ever done was the 100m, 200m, shotput and long jump throughout highschool. so i think that running CAN build leg strength

that's because sprinting and jumping are anaerobic activities you stupid mongrel idiot

/thread
A runner new to lifting will makes gains faster than a skinnyfat, fatfat, or skelly

a sprinter will make gains faster than a runner

Assuming they eat.

I'm not fit at all, I'm in trash shape.

I'm fucking swole tho tbqh fampai

That's true. Most coaches make sprinters do squats and snatches to build explosiveness. Most sprinters already lift.

Runners don't value "excessive" strength, in the same way that lifters don't value exceptional cardiovascular health.

People have different goals and train in different ways to best achieve those goals. Imagine that.

/thread

>Pure endurance athletes are pathetic
not more pathetic than lifting for aesthetics, desu