WHo REALLY WERE A SEA PEOPLE?

WERE SEA PEOPLE JEWS?

For example, in a text found at the site of Heliopolis, dated to “Year 5, second month of the third season (tenth month),” we are told, “The wretched chief of Libya has invaded [with] Shekelesh and every foreign country, which is with him, to violate the borders of Egypt.”17 The same wording is repeated on another inscription, known as the “Cairo Column.”18

In a longer inscription found at Karnak (modern-day Luxor), we are given additional details about this earlier wave of incursions by the Sea Peoples. The names of the individual groups are included:

[Beginning of the victory that his majesty achieved in the land of Libya] Eqwesh, Teresh, Lukka, Shardana, Shekelesh, Northerners coming from all lands…. the third season, saying: The wretched, fallen chief of Libya … has fallen upon the country of Tehenu with his bowmen—Shardana, Shekelesh, Eqwesh, Lukka, Teresh, taking the best of every warrior and every man of war of his country . . .

List of the captives carried off from this land of Libya and the countries which he brought with him . . .

Sherden, Shekelesh, Eqwesh of the countries of the sea, who had no foreskins:

Shekelesh 222 men

Making 250 hands

Teresh 742 men

Making 790 hands

Shardana—

[Making]—

[Ek]wesh who had no foreskins, slain, whose hands were carried off, (for) they

had no [foreskins]—

Shekelesh and Teresh who came as enemies of Libya—

Kehek, and Libyans, carried off as living prisoners 218 men.19

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Bronze_Age
salimbeti.com/micenei/sea.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reported. Go make that question on /pol/

WE

which else cultures have no foreskin?

Ekwesh had no foreskin but Shekelesh did

>Shekelshes
Wait a moment.

OF COURSE

Wait the sea people's were Jews? I thought they were Anglos trying to open the suez for cash money.

Nordics and Kikes.

Ah old alliance.
Jews and Germans, hand in hand, burning world, once again.

Veneti.
>they were actually a confederation of seafaring peoples, including the Veneti.

Mostly people from the Aegean, Anatolia and Cyprus, maybe some Sicilians and Sardinians as well as other South Italics

t. Brainlet

The Veneti of Brittany are probably the ones.
They were accused of raiding Scandinavia and the Baltic states in the north.
Then raiding Celtiberia in the south. Going through the Mediterranean and attacking Egypt, Anatolia, and the Levant.

you might be underestimating their range.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Bronze_Age
>marked by economic and cultural exchange that led to the high degree of cultural similarity exhibited by the coastal communities from Central Portugal to Galicia, Armorica and Scotland, including the frequent use of stones as chevaux-de-frise, the establishment of cliff castles, or the domestic architecture sometimes characterized by the round houses.[1] Commercial contacts extended from Sweden[2] and Denmark to the Mediterranean.[1] The period was defined by a number of distinct regional centres of metal production, unified by a regular maritime exchange of some of their products.
>The items related to this culture are frequently found forming hoards, or they are deposited in ritual areas,[4][5] usually watery contexts: rivers, lakes and bogs.
>socketed and double ring bronze axes, sometimes buried forming large hoards in Brittany and Galicia; war gear, as lunate spearheads, V-notched shields, and a variety of bronze swords —among them carp's-tongue ones— usually found deposited in lakes, rivers or rocky outcrops

I think some of these peoples may be in contention.
V shields or carp's tongue bronze swords sound familiar?

>They were accused
what? I've heard that the Adriatic Veneti and some of the Illyrians were notorious pirates, but I've never heard anything about the Veneti of Brittany attacking Egypt.

>V shields or carp's tongue bronze swords sound familiar?
No ?

What are you talking about, you rude asshole?

All the foreign weapons found in the Eastern Mediterranean are either Aegean or Italic (Thapsos, Cetona, Allerona), the Naue II swords found there were based on Italic models, not on the original Centroeuropean ones

>Shekelesh
I think we've found our culprit.

You said they were from Anatolia, which they definetelly weren't

The Lukka people, one of the sea people tribes, were Lycians, which is in South West Anatolia.

And it's the only sea people tribe that has been identified with certainty, as all records from the time point to the Lukka lands being in South West Anatolia, Hittites for instance even mention the cities of the Lukka region which were the same ones of classical Lycia.

I guess you're right. My apologies.

>Teresh
"Troy appears in a Hittite record as Taruisa."

"During the classical period Herodotus and Thucydides mention them under the name Tyrrhenians. Herodotus places these peoples in Lydia. Thucydides remarks that they were known to live on the island of Lesbos, offshore from Lydia. Lydia is the Classical period name for the land which in the Bronze Age was Arzawa, and possibly part of Seha River Land an area located in the near south of Taruisa. Some scholars suggested that the Tyrsenians may be related to the Etruscans in fact the Tyrhennian Sea - derived from a Greek term - still survives as a name for the waters between Tuscany and Corsica."

salimbeti.com/micenei/sea.htm

Circumcised shekels people. Seems like you're on to something.

I don't really believe that the Etruscans originated in Anatolia because the material evidence denies that.

Regarding the Teresh, that might be but there is not enough evidence to support that unlike for the Lukka which has ample evidence behind it from both Hittite, Ugaritic and Egyptian records.

>Shekelesh 222 men
>Making 250 hands
lmao stupid fucking Egyptians can't even do math, 222 men should have 444 hands

>And it's the only sea people tribe that has been identified with certainty
Which is problematic. Only one tribe has been identified, and they come from a well known neighbour country that has been raided as well...

Also there was a Minoan city which appeared in Mycenean records as Teresh which would be another good candidate

>WERE SEA PEOPLE JEWS?

no kike.
"jews" came way later.

the hebrew were maybe hyksos, but the sea people were atlanteans

>implying they all had two hands
>implying if there even was 444 hands I wouldn't sell at least a hundred on the black market
Get your shit together Nubian

Canadians