Is ok if i eat one raw egg per day?

Is ok if i eat one raw egg per day?
Are raw eggs healthy?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/faq/is-saturated-fat-bad-for-me/
heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Frequently-Asked-Questions-About-Saturated-Fats_UCM_463756_Article.jsp#.VzvKQlNriUk
circ.ahajournals.org/content/76/3/504.full.pdf
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/
ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/30/3/427.full
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa053935
circ.ahajournals.org/content/102/13/1511.long
circ.ahajournals.org/content/109/9/1101.long
aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/162/8/764.long
cpr.sagepub.com/content/3/3/271
circ.ahajournals.org/content/133/1/74
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2015/04/01/ajcn.114.104109.abstract
atherosclerosis-journal.com/article/S0021-9150(14)00219-6/abstract
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/02/10/ajcn.115.122317.abstract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit bio availability. Cook it /thread

let me ask my friend Sal , Sal Manila

depends on the egg senpai. most chickens fed soy and corn so the quality of the egg is lower and higher chance of contamination if they have shit living conditions, that said ive never got sick from eating a raw egg and i havent had any pasture ultra organic ones before

>bro sci

I put raw eggs on my rice, nothing happens.

Bullshit advice. Let it marinade in whey powder (sprinkle it on) for 50 minutes in a dark but warm place (not in fridge!). The bioavailability will improve, even though the amount of whey powder added is negligible.

I knew when you cooked them the egg protein is more digestible and good luck with salmonella

>put oats and milk in a pan
>cook until oats are done
>crack in an egg and stir
>add a little salt

delicious

WHY

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard

50% of your daily cholesterol per egg

falling for the egg

TOP KEK

>eggs and bacon every morning in the early 20th century
>heart disease rate half of what it is now

them eggs sure are deadly!

>Falling for the dietary = serum cholesterol meem

Next you're gonna say saturated fat is unhealthy.

well, if scooby thaught me something about eggs is that the yolk is fucking useless. throw it away, it comes with a shitton of calories, and too little protein, throw. it. away.
get the egg whites together, poach them for 3 minutes and eat them that way, same amount of protein as if it was raw, no salmonella risk, less fat and more protein than if they had the yolk.

They're different things but related. And why wouldn't saturated fat be unhealthy?

Oats+egg is the GOAT Veeky Forums breakfast/anytime snack yessss

Esp with banana cream whey and PB

Because it isn't.

It's only unhealthy in sedentary people and even then it's only unhealthy relative to mono-unsaturated fats when used as a replacement and even then only certain saturates and mono-unsaturates.

examine.com/faq/is-saturated-fat-bad-for-me/

Much like the cholesterol scare the 'common wisdom' is just poorly extrapolated knowledge from misreadings of scientifically inadequate and outdated trials.

Q: I've heard that cooking protein denatures it and makes it worthless. Is that why athletes drink raw egg shakes?

A: Unless you severely burn them, cooking protein-based foods or supplements does not affect their nutritional value. There's no reason to drink raw egg shakes unless you like the taste or the convenience, or you want to feel like Rocky.

It is though, and it's unhealthy for virtually everyone.

heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Frequently-Asked-Questions-About-Saturated-Fats_UCM_463756_Article.jsp#.VzvKQlNriUk

"Many studies replace saturated fats with polyunsaturated fats, which tend to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.[9][10][11][12] This may lead to the conclusion that saturated fats raise them, when the possibility that they are inert is viable.[2]"

This examine article doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. It's known on a biochemical level how and why saturated fats raise cholesterol, which translates to increased heart disease risk. And we've had this information since the 80s.

circ.ahajournals.org/content/76/3/504.full.pdf

Fuk ya I pound more eggs than that howto basic weirdo. Probably fuck more bitches than that guy too, but who knows

Saturated fats being unhealthy has been largely debunked

Dietary cholesterol being unhealthy has also been debunked, as eating lots of dietary cholesterol has little influence on actual LDL levels in your blood. Also, you need cholesterol to produce test

This is how you culture salmonella. Ignore the troll .

>Saturated fats being unhealthy has been largely debunked

No, you've just googled "saturated fats are healthy" and accepted everything you read on fringe blogs with no skepticism at all because you have confirmation bias.

>sci

OP here
So, is ok If i eat one raw egg per day? Here are too many bullshit answers and advices.

Welcome, summer fag

You are literally retarded. Average cholesterol intake has not gone down, it has gone up. Along with heart disease

dude salmonella is not worth whatever possible benefit eating them raw could give you

nothing happens eating raw eggs bambi senpai

>boil it
>eat the white
>eats 1/4 of the yolk

its not that hard

Gently cook the white to denature the avidin and protease inhibitors and eat the yolk raw to avoid oxidizing the cholesterol and phospholipids. Best of both worlds.

The maximum recomended intake is 1.5 eggs a week. It pissed me off too, but I'm a doctor and I've been studying for a long time, can't deny what I read in the books. You can eat egg whites as much as you like though.

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/
Recent research has shown that moderate egg consumption—up to one a day—does not increase heart disease risk in healthy individuals (1, 2) and can be part of a healthy diet.

>reference 1
>"One potential alternative explanation for the null finding is that background dietary cholesterol may be so high in the usual Western diet that adding somewhat more has little further effect on blood cholesterol. In a randomized trial, Sacks et al36 found that adding 1 egg per day to the usual diet of 17 lactovegetarians whose habitual cholesterol intake was very low (97 mg/d) significantly increased LDL cholesterol level by 12%. In our analyses, differences in non-egg cholesterol intake did not appear to be an explanation for the null association between egg consumption and risk of CHD. However, we cannot exclude the possibility that egg consumption may increase the risk among participants with very low background cholesterol intake. Also, we have limited power to examine the effect of high egg consumption (eg, ≥2 eggs per day)."

ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/30/3/427.full

>reference 2
>written by an associate of the American Egg Board citing other papers funded by the AEB that only involve a handful of people

I used to eat 6 eggs a day, sometimes 9.

Never felt terrible but I can't say I felt good either.

So e-mail Harvard and let them know. I'm sure you're more capable of understanding these studies than them.

Gegan Vains says 1 egg cooked or uncooked will kill you

doesn't look like anyone mentioned this yet but raw eggs have a protein that bind to and prevent the absorption of certain b vitamins. you can get a vitamin deficiency if you eat too many raw eggs and not enough of those b vitamins. when you cook the egg, the protein denatures and no longer can bind to those b vitamins.

Heart disease is going down, actually.

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa053935

>Approximately 44% was attributed to changes in risk factors, including reductions in total cholesterol (24%), systolic blood pressure (20%), smoking prevalence (12%), and physical inactivity (5%), although these reductions were partially offset by increases in the body-mass index and the prevalence of diabetes, which accounted for an increased number of deaths (8% and 10%, respectively)

Similar results are seen in other populations

circ.ahajournals.org/content/102/13/1511.long
circ.ahajournals.org/content/109/9/1101.long
aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/162/8/764.long
cpr.sagepub.com/content/3/3/271
circ.ahajournals.org/content/133/1/74

>raw eggs give salmonella

Lol americans!!!

Don't disrupt me or my wives' tight junctions ever again.

more recent studies have shown that eggs still aren't good to eat every day and should be reduced to 1-2 per week. i forgot the source, but you can find it p easily.

Pretty much this. There are eggs made to be eaten raw but nothing ever happened to me eating the normal ones raw.

That's not what I was arguing, but 3-4/week are now permitted in Finland, at least. In the recent KIHD cohort, for example, egg consumption is not confounded by unhealthy diet and lifestyle factors, and here you see no impact with modest quantities.

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2015/04/01/ajcn.114.104109.abstract
atherosclerosis-journal.com/article/S0021-9150(14)00219-6/abstract
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/02/10/ajcn.115.122317.abstract

This guy has it desu cereals with high amounts of sugar are what do the damage people were in better shape with their bacon and eggs before the move to mass sugar consumption