Accutane while being Veeky Forums

So im finally going to do it bros.... im finally going to go on accutane... i couldnt stand pizza mode anymore so i just had my bloodwork done this morning.. i should get a call tomorrow about the status....... any Veeky Forumsizens on or have taken accutane? How was it? Did it affect your gains? Im cutting btw

I ve taken a drug based on Isotretinoin, so basically the same shit. It was few years ago and I havent been lifting then, so I cannot tell how would it effect gains. Anyway in case of acne I highly recommend this kind of medication. I tried everything before, including antibiotics and various skin care products, but they would only improve me skin condition for a short time. Isotretinoin completely ended my problems with acne and till this day my skin remains perfectly fine. I think people are exaggereting about side effects. In my case the only bad consequence was dry skin and dandruff. Completely worth it, I only wish I started taking it earlier. Maybe if I did, my terrible acne wouldnt completely cripple my self esteem and confidence, Anyway, ask your dermatologist for some moisturizer and shampoo.

Sides are completely exaggerated and easily manageable. Take lip balm wherever you go and use moisturiser on your face and neck after you shower, and you'll basically never notice.

Your skin will get worse for 3 or 4 weeks after you start, but after that you'll be pretty much in the clear.

As far as gainz goes, I was on for 8 months after I'd already been lifting for about a year. Your joints and ligaments may be a bit more stiff and sore, and it may slow your progression on major lifts, but you'll make size gains just as easy as before.

My advice would be to do a hypertrophy program like PPL or any other routine with 8-12 rep ranges, and go ham on fish oil.

Good luck breh, hope you make it

No difference for me joint or whatever wise and I've been depressed my whole life so no difference there - I think those sides are exaggerated anyway. Just do everything the same just you are gonna be dry af so use moisturizer

The thing that scares me about tane is that even roche dont know how it works. Or at least they claim not to.

They know it works by reducing cell proliferation, and it was originally a anti cancer drug (stops cells deviding, be it cancer cells, or the cells in your sebaceous glands)

There are conspiracies that they do know the exact method of action, but they also know the bad side effects, but wont release them because it would effect sales.

The only thing is, this reduction in proliferation occurs on every cell that is affected by the isotretinoin. So it definately does that to your skin (thins your skin) and your sebaceous glands (hence the acne curing). But whats to stop it from doing this to your brain tissue? or the lining of your gut?

I took it for about 5 months. And I lost the ability to get an erection. And also I developed IBS D and protein malabsorption. I cant 100% confirm this is from tane, but it seems pretty coincidental. I researched this shit for months, turns out thousands of people have had the same problems. Luckily my dick came back (almost, my glans still doesnt get fully full) but I still have IBS and protein malabsorption.

tl;dr you are taking a drug that even the manufacturers dont know how it works, apart from that it stops cell proliferation, but who knows where, when, and for how long it does this is a mystery. Make your own choice.

I've got sachets pharma tane under my bed right now but I'm throwing them out.

>mfw im finally going to have clear skin like everyone else and not have to worry so much about it anymore... ive never felt this feel before bros..m hold me.....

It does suck that i cant drink alcohol for 8 months because my best friend just came back from japan (marine) and hes going to visit every weekend but now i cant drink

Cont

Roche also had lawsuits against certain threads on acne forums that were removed when people were discussing the damaging side effects.

Expect insanely weak, thin and dry lips. Stay out of the sun. Get liver screenings. and if you are a girl don't get pregnant ffs.

Finally my red scars will heal without having to worry about another cyst growing when it just disapeared..... i want to start already damn it hurry up doc and call me.... am i going to recieve the accutane pills on the mail btw?

Im starting tane in Sept also, was actually going to start it a month ago but couldn't handle not drinking during the summer.

Im goth so i always avoid the sun so that part shouldnt be a prob :3

Dunno why you're not using retin-a cream
>utterly destroys acne
>has zero sides like depression or liver toxicity
>only side effect is increased breakouts and dry flaky skin for the first two weeks
>proven to actually repair old acne scars by boosting collagen production
>unlike accutane it has also been proven to increase skin moisture levels, repair photoaging and reduce wrinkles and uneven skin tone
>only cost $5 for a huge tube if you buy it from a Pajheet pharmacy

If you have sex (lol yeah right) ur baby will have 8 arms

I was in the same boat bro.... Only regret was not knowing of accutane when i was in early highschool...

Buddy slow down... Ive been on tane for more than 3 months and the changes haven't been that noticeable. I still have red marks all over and at least 2 pimples at a time. The deep under the skin cysts havent gone away yet either. Its the total dosage that matters. By 6 months I should be good.

Based Sisters

One of my favorite bands

tell me more

this desu

Shit, forgot about this thread, if you're still here retin-a is quite similar to accutane, it's a retinoid that increases cell turnover rates which boosts collagen production and prevents acne from forming, pretty much any doctor will write a prescription as long as you're not a woman who doesn't take birth control(it can cause birth defects like accutane) but it's much cheaper to get it online.

Start by applying a weak cream immediately before bed(it's destroyed by light) every other day then slowly build up to using every day and then to using stronger concentrations. Like I said expect hardcore skin flaking and acne flare ups for the first week or two, this is because you actually have lots of blemishes hidden deep in your epidermis that slowly rise to the surface over a period of roughly 4 weeks, by making cell turnover faster all of these blemishes are brought to the surface much faster which tends to look pretty horrifying, thankfully once they're gone you'll pretty much never get a blemish ever again, if you still get acne you need a stronger cream.

Hope that helped you and anyone else who reads this, this shit is a miracle drug, it's just not well known because it's a generic medicine so pharmaceutical companies have no financial incentive to promote it

Forgot image, retin-a is almost as good at fixing scars as it is for fixing acne.

On a related note derma rolling is also based for scars and for improving skin in general, it's basically pricking the skin with a needle over 9000 times in order to stimulate platelet production, costs $10 and essentially gives results similar to one of those Platelet Rich Plasma facials that Kim Kardashian pays $10 000 a month for

damn dude, thanks so much, I will look into this.

What if you have oily skin? I heard that Retin-a works best with dry skin.

Took it before I started lifting. Haven't had a single zit since I got off it, been like 4 years. My lips get dry as fuck in the winter now though.

Not OP but how long did it take for you to actually get results? I've been on 40mg for like 3 months now and nothing has really happened acne wise. I've gotten very dry lips and it's aching a bit in my back when I do back excercises, but no acne gainz.