> dude give me like fifty glute exercises all stuff I can do at home
> that's it
> I'm confused
> what about upper body?
> "Oh no, you don't want to get big, user"

U WOT M8

> this guy is actually telling me not to work my upper body
> I think back to all of those glute exercises
> does this guy just have a thing for big asses?
> Is he trying to remake all women into his mega-booty ideal, with tiny T-rex arms?
> "Alright user, lets get you set up with a training regimen"
> I am expecting some printouts, a list of exercises, a schedule, something
> "a training regimen will consist of ten training sessions at a cost of $72 per session. Now can you commit to this today?"
> I tell him I definitely have more to learn, but I expected that he'd give me some homework or an outline of a workout regimen today
>"Oh, no user. We will learn one new exercise and learn how to use one new piece of equipment every week. We don't want to go too fast"
> "With me standing by, you will get 2, 3 more reps out of each set and I'll tell you what kind of progress you are making"
> I'm broke
> spent my whole training budget on this a la carte session
> "Alright user, but know that we don't want you using the weight room or weight machines"
> "you have to work up to those things gradually, with a trainer"

mfw

fuuuuuuck anons

I don't want to develop shitty technique or end up on gym fail compilations. But this training thing is obviously a scam. Should I just watch a bunch of instructional videos and dive into the weight room like I know what I am doing?

READ THE FUCKING STICKY YOU DWEEB

Wow shit trainer...
Do watever you want

FUCKING
LEARN FORM
PTs are money hungry faggots and you have everything to gain from disregarding them

this is like when you feed a pig for years so you can enjoy it more when it's time to eat it

except that the pig is your ass

Buy the starting strength book by Rippetoe. It's like $20 on Amazon. Walks you through barbell exercises, basic beginners routine, and form corrections.

Thanks user

just ignore dietary advice in there, it's shire. better just count up your tdee and eat either 500 more or 500 less depends if you bulk or cut

He's clearly ripping you off, trainers are almost completely useless, you won't need any help after a week or two. Just work on your form yourself and save the cash.

be a real woman and lift logs over your shoulder and do squats and bicep curls with them

yeah, don't do it. don't get yourself gyped. if you aren't athletic and haven't worked out before, do basic compound exercises, like pushups and pullups, crunches etc. then go to the gym and start lifting. if you don't know what to do, look it up online. or literally ask other people at the gym. ask them what to do, and ask them if they use a trainer or not. that's it. just don't get gyped.

Never go back to that gym.

Burn it down

just do starting strength

holy shit that's terrible advice.

Yes, watch videos, start with low weight, focus on form, work out however you want.

part of me thinks you made up this story to get good-boy points from the hivemind, and to trigger Veeky Forums.

>get too big
>no squats
>no upper body

:(

Watch his videos on YouTube called rippetoe coaches (lift), don't be a Pussy go heavy as you can also do cardio

as a european PT not working with a particular gym,why are american personal trainers so shit?

>don't be a Pussy go heavy as you can
this is the original gains goblin right here gents
nice way to destroy your joints and spine,going in as heavy as you can with no workout plan.

OP here. Dude, I wish it were fake

I thought the whole "no upper body, you might get big" thing was just a myth, and maybe a handful of anorexics bought into it.

I don't know. This trainer looked pretty tired and glazed-over. I wonder if he just had so many shitty first sessions that he had zero positive expectations. Maybe he was just phoning it in and telling me what he thought I would want to hear.

Maybe 90% of his female clientele only care about Kim Kardashian asses these days, who knows. In spite of the heavy sales pitch, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think he is stupid, just jaded.

I hope you didn't give him any money for those sessions. Tell him to fuck off and train yourself