Tfw started reading books

>tfw started reading books
>can now btfo ignorant anons easily with facts and logic about things that you just read about and have a more insight on them rather than just skimming Wikipedia pages like 90% of Veeky Forums does

what book would you recommend user? My primary source of information is youtube, but I feel the information is too condensed.
I don't know were to start.

>90% of Veeky Forums actually reads Wikipedia pages in user's world

Can we switch timelines? It's even easier to BTFO the "people" posting here

depends on what you're into
read a good introduction book about the subject you want, then checking bibliography for more in-depth stuff
it's also worth it to check the background of the author to make sure he's a credible source

the only thing I read is wikipeida

>tfw started reading books
That´s pretty sad.

humanities and sociology (I'm also mildly interested in biology).

>My primary source of information is youtube, but I feel the information is too condensed.
Please only be a lurker...

>please only be a lurker
You'd be alienating over half of the people posting on Veeky Forums.

These are the type of books OP is talking about

iktf. It's a good feel when you actually know something and aren't just posturing.

Good.

>Study a subject
>Look it up on wikipedia
>Realize how absolutely shit wiki is
>Realize this is probably the case for pretty much all subjects
How do I stop having a fake brain? I use google and wikipedia for pretty much everything I don't know anything about and I know that's fucking retarded but proper research and books are bloody expensive.

Go to the library.

gen.lib.rus.ec

I just read the books listed as reading for the history courses at top unis.

Link?

Is this the Dunning-Kruger Effect in action?

>read all the latest and most comprehensive literature about a topic
>write a massively detailed post giving sources and quotations
>user I'm arguing with counters with a one sentence post containing information he learned from playing Total War

>Tfw topic is so obscure no user would even bother asking a question about it

Meant as in what I'm interested in by "topic", fuck.

'The Profession of Arms' by General Sir John Hackett is pretty good if you're into military development

Found this beauty at Half Price, for all of $5. I usually buy occult books, but I tore through this infinitely faster than Magick In Theory and Practice.

If it really made you so much better, I'd have conquered Persia by now.

>tfw using dynamic linear models to determine regression shrinkage on leveraged bitcoin future swaps while minimizing volatility using a ergodic markov model with multivariate kernel smoothing
>tfw became a millionaire in only 4 months