Gym Rage

Am I retarded or did I have a legitimate reason to get stirred up?

>go to neighborhood YMCA, am DYEL
>just want to do squat, bench press, and barbell row
>get done squatting lmao1bar
>go to benches (there are two)
>some retard doing supersets of dumbbell flys and benchpressing 1pl8, he says "oh brah I only got like 3-4 more sets to go brah"
>some cunt who looks like Gretchen from Recess says she has "just 1-2 more sets to go"
>Supersets takes like 10 minutes for each set taking into account resting
>Gretchen literally stares at the wall for 5 minutes straight in between sets*
>say fuck it and go do rows
>come back and Supersets is STILL FUCKING THERE
>Gretchen left, now there's 3 linebacker looking fuckers doing round-robin benchpress and pushup supersets (bang out 1set BP then do pushups)
>get seriously stirred up and just go try and leave humanity behind on the treadmill

Should I have asked to work in between for one of these meme-persons? I swear I thought shit like this only happened in Veeky Forums greentext stories.

If it clarifies my autism (reaction) any, I'm used to going during 1-3pm when all the cunts my age aren't there and its just old dudes + housewives. That whole greentext above took place around 6pm which I know was "rush hour" but fuck

*= I timed her with my watch, I swear to god this girl had autism or was just a territorial bitch

>tl;dr: Am I in the right for getting ticked off at cunts who spend 5min resting in between sets + fags who "superset", or should I have just asked to work in

>doing powershrugs
>pick up the weight shrug set it down
>lady comes up to me
>"excuse me but i don't mean to offend you but that looks like too much weight"

fucking bitch fucking bitch fucking bitch it was only 275

i got back benching after tearing my chest and i hit 205 today some at least there's that

Supersets, brah

sounds like you didnt have the courage to tell the line backer brahs you were next.

I benched 75lbs (inc. the bar) today. E-everyone starts somewhere, right...?

I'm a 5'11 DYEL king of manlets and all three of them had 2"-6"of height on me and at LEAST 300lbs of muscle between the three of them over me. That and I was just getting too impatient after waiting for Supersets and Gretchen.

+1

pusssssyyyyyy

i literally started with the bar

Would rather go earlier during the day and be a pussy than try and negotiate with Chad, Brad, and Thad. Fuck all that gay "alpha male brah" shit I just wanna work out and leave.

Keep the gay handjobs in the locker room

You realize you just had to nicely/politely/respectfully say, "Hey, I've been waiting for this for like 30 mins, do you guys mind if I work out?"

The worst that could have happened (if you did it properly) is they would've said no.

Could be my autistic low self esteem but I don't feel comfortable asking a favor from a group of big guys 4me like that...Especially when they're all genetically superior to me in more ways than one

...Would rather navigate and negotiate around the 60 year old dudes from the early afternoon crowd

yea but if they say no, you dont fight, your a pussy

Again, I'd rather be a pussy than a homo

gotta learn to stand up for yourself senpai. start taking some BJJ lessons, its got my confidence way up.

I would if I had money. Not only am I a pussy but I'm a broke unemployed oussy. Why the fuck would I pick a fight with 3 linebackers in a YMCA though? That sound dumb.

I've watched most of UFC, I think I can handle myself.

...Why? What are they gonna do, start beating you up in the middle of the gym?

Even if they do, you know you can just grab some weights and throw them at them and claim self-defense?

You don't need to know how to fight to not be a pussy.

No but they could humiliate me which is worse than getting my ass kicked.

Its like you've never been bullied by your peers and teachers growing up, goddamn

In what way is asking if you could use the bench picking a fight?

They'll probably respect you more if you ask despite your size.

Are you seriously stupid enough to think they'll camp out the YMCA exit waiting for you to come out all weak and tired after completing your sets just because you asked to work in?

doubt it would end in fighting. if they were worth any semlbance of a human being, they would let you get your sets in before hogging it.

alternatively, you may ask to work in with supersets

which city is yours in

If they do, you can just say, "I just want the same thing as you do, man - I want to get stronger and better myself."

Even the lowest of lowlife bullies will get hit pretty hard with and feel bad and earn respect for you.

No I'm more worried they'll laugh at/bully me and humiliate me. They could literally just pick me up and fuck around with me like a chubby rag doll. Other user was saying that I should "fight" if they said no.

>implying I'd let myself get humiliated by a Veeky Forumsizen who could OHP my body for reps

You don't have the right to get mad
>DYEL
>bar squat
5min rests are optimal for heavier weights; longer rests are actually needed however they just take more time.
>bench 75
You don't have the knowledge of exercising to even get mad, nor do you have the strength

>implying I'd let myself get humiliated by a Veeky Forumsizen who could OHP my body for reps

i'm not even strong

is it lakewood?

if they were to attempt that, they would like fools to an onlooker. and like that other guys said, they would respect you more if you said you were waiting. i know i would.

Yeah but they were all linebackers on my city's local college fooseball team so its not like they'd be able to empathize with me anyway. Those guys are used to getting everything they want on demand and getting everyone's respect.

I mean I don't think they're D-1 or anything but it's up there

Okay but she was working only chest/bench, and with no heavy weights (same weight as me actually). Like, she went from the flat bench to decline and incline bench and lifted the same weight (75lbs) with the same retarded 5min rest period.

Or are you gonna bully me too because I'm a dyel and your ego needs stroking

>implying 3 farm boy college football linebackers are even capable of looking at a chubby manlet shitskin with anything but contempt

Why do I even try and explain

wtf are we dealing with 17 year olds?

since we're on YMCA
>at YMCA, it's lower body day
>squat time
>get myself warmed up, do warm up sets
>moment of rest, look around
>some young basic chick is being led around by some older lady PT
>showing her all the circuit machines, whatever that's basically what they do anyways
>start my main work sets
>go get a drink
>old PT and basic chick are in the basic bitch stretching zone
>all the bitchmode dumbells and kettlebells
>she's instructing the basic chick on upright rows
>wew
>go back recovered, next work set
>get another quick drink
>old PT is now instructing basic chick on the assisted dip/pullup
>but she's not having her do dips
>or pullups
>she's making the basic chick do single leg press on the machine
>hear old PT saying "you can work your legs like this, it's much better than using that contraption they call a leg press"
>hustle back to my squat rack and rep out my last work set fueled by anger

this is surely how the cycle goes. bad gym habits ingrained into shitty impressionable people by shitty people that shouldn't be instructing in the first place. And it's not all the PTs either. In the rack next to me, there was a 30ish PT guy teaching an older woman how to squat. Had her doing 95 with good ROM too.

I'm 23, you cuck. I'm just a really emotionally immature 23 year old. Would it be a lot more believable if I said I'm white and a child of a single mother? and the linebackers were black?

Goddamn cucks

>gym I go to only has 1 bar on 1 power rack, dumbbells up to 100 lbs, and 1 smith machine

Luckily very few people there are interested in actually doing weights, most of the people just do cardio or use the machines. But every once in a while it takes fucking forever for that 1 rack to become available so I have to sit there and do random shit until little Bobby finishes his 95 lb squats.

very ironic post

ymca?

>dude irony lmao

Local rec center in a small town. But my school tuition also pays for the membership, not gonna spend more money on another gym.

kk

i'm a fat dyel who goes to a ymca and rests for 5 minutes between lmao2pl8+some squats in a weight room with only one squat rack so these stories trigger me

lol he's a cuck, he admits!!

No you're a cuck and so is your dad

Kek, I usually take the bench for an hour when I have volume day.

But I offer anyone that asks to work in.

I would have asked Supersets if I could work in during his 10 minute rests.

What a srupid statement; Its almost like youve never gotten the shit beaten out of you before..

Getting fucked up by a few people is so, so, SO much worse than getting picked on.

Sounds like youre a classic sperg. Those dudes would have gladly let you work in had you asked. They would have even encouraged you to throw more weight on than you usually do and given you a spot in all likelihood.

You're an idiot, and you sound like a moron with this predetermined attitude you have against anyone who is bigger than you.
You have anger issues, figure them out before you destroy yourself.

I'm a big dude, played hs sports. Never in my life would I make fun of someone who's trying to work out. We all start somewhere bruh. Most people I know are gladly to let people work in sets.
>We're all in this together
Now stop being an autistic faggot

275 is fuck all.
What mcgym do you go to?

Supersetters are annoying in rush hour. Usually I don't mind them, but they can be pure death in smaller gyms.

As for me:
>Gym has 2 squat racks and 2 power cages
>Large gym, so they are usually half full
>In rush hour, you can sometimes wait a few mins to use them
>During rush hour, people are still pretty courteous, and it's common to ask somebody to give ytou a tap on the shoulder when they are done with their rack
>This gym doesn't have many meme people is what I'm saying
>Be doing OHP in a squat rack (fucking sue me. Only place to do it apart from the oly platform, and there was an empty cage as well, so It hought it was safe)
>See a chick about my age (18) go to the cage with some old dude, who legit looked like he could be her dad, but was trying to dress like he was younger
>He starts showing her really weird bodyweight movements in the cage
>He's showing off a fucktonne
>She is starting to look embarrassed because she can tell this isn't the place for bodyweight stuff
>Looks like she got conned into going with this autist because he promised to train her or something
Sidebar here, my gym has a LOT of more appropriate places to do bodyweight stuff
>Creepy oldfag is now trying to touch her hips to "correct" her form
>She is getting uncomfortable
>Leaves
>Oldfag continues to be a douchebag, doing half pullups in the power cage
>People are giving him death stares now, and he's glaring back
>Gym regular who is fucking massive asks him how long he'll be
>This regular looks like a poor man's Haftor, and I'm sure it's deliberate
>He's still huge
>Oldfag gets angry, and starts whining about how it's his gym too
>Eventually he leaves, and glares at me on the way out (I was at the water fountain near the entrance)
>He seems like he's about to try and side check me
>Finish filling my water bottle and stand up straight
>I'm taller and much bigger than his manlet ass
>He swerves at the last moment and walks out the door

It was like I met a caricature.

ask to work in senpai

people doing circuits on popular equipment need to acknowledge that hogging it all at once is unreasonable

but also hoooooly fuck YMCAs are a nightmare

> only options to lift back home are high school gym or town YMCA
> HS gym is closed for christmas break so Y it is

> squatting
> PT on duty rushes over to tell me I'm squatting too deep and I'll hurt my knees
> 't-thanks for your advice'
> keep squatting normally
> PT insists on spotting my 1.5pl8 squats despite the safety bars being up

> benching
> work in with conceited-looking Chad
> looks smug as I work up to the weight he's pushing
> pokerface.jpg as I pass him
> musters up some courage to try and bench my weight
> gets it up for two struggling reps, goes red, leaves the gym forever

> diddlies
> everyone staring at the noise
> PT comes over
> "if you put the weight down slowly it's a better workout"
> "ok senpai whatever"
> continue deadlifting
> PT comes over again, starts yelling at me that he's going to kick me out unless I stop making noise
> stuff foam pads under my bar
> people still glaring

>Go to large gym 15 mins from house
>Uni student with only morning classes 3day/week
>Only go times between 12:00PM - 3:00PM
>5 benches with barbell racks, like 8-9 free benches, usually only 1-2 people on them
>4 squat racks usually only 1 being used if that
>Deadlift platform which is only used 5% of time
>Friends with trainers/instructors who are impressed by my size/strength gains
>Live in peaceful Australia
>Daddy pays for gym b/c deal we made 9 months ago for me to go if he paid for it

mfw

>lift with stands on a platform in my backyard
>feel the wind in my hair, sun on my skin
>the birds sing for me as I hoist the bar overhead

>resting in between supa sets
wut

Cuck

I got beaten by my dad on a regular basis, cuck.