QTDDTOT

Are squats enough for legs on their own? Will I get any problems doing only squats for leg training?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-shane1.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i do heavy squats and leg raises on the machine that's it

no calves but i don't give a fuck

No knee problems or shit like that? Do your legs lool balanced despite the lack of hamstring training?

Will I make the same gains if I go straight to benching 175 (right now I can bench 140) as opposed to benching 150, 160, 170 first

I dont wanna run out of gains

I squat for the quads, and deadlift for the hamstrings and glutes. When I think I'm becoming unbalanced I'll add lunges if the back is small and front squats if the front is small.

nah, they look balanaced it's alright

you will feel a lot better if you do lighter sets first i do 5 sets

bar-135-135-155-185-205 and then usually another set of 135 for lots of reps

Faggot doesn't do calves.

lmao make me

anyone else still rocking swishy pants / trackpants to work out in?

Find out today we have a nautilus lateral raise machine at my gym.
whats the consensus on these? are they safe to use / safe for my shoulder or rotator cuffs?

These pictures are obviously old.
But ever since then, I've dropped to 129lbs and have completely stalled.
I am still eating below my TDEE, and doing loads of cardio, but I've added in more strength training.
What the hell is going on?

Being 4'10 there is no way that this is an extra 29lbs of muscle.

Should I cut down my intake even farther? Add in more cardio? Cut out strength training?

just use dumbbells but it's fine i guess

Do more cardio

Source:
my own weightloss experience.

Do you really want to present yourself like that to the outside work? Go do some yard work instead... seems like you would get more bang for your buck doing a more compound related exercise instead of splitting up an already delicate area of your body into smaller sections that will get imbalanced quickly.

Did you make some "refuel" days? Are you feeling tired?

I did mostly squats for my lower body workout and as you can see it didn't do much for me. I'm adding in more volume, leg presses, and focusing more on curls and extensions too. I did ICF for a while and then a ppl.

I've been lifting for 5 months and have been making good strength gains, but I have barely lost any weight. I currently 270 at 5'11 and am eating 2600 cals a day. I lift and do cardio 3 times a week. What am I doing wrong?

I believe those calories are for maintenance.

I take weekends "off"
I'm not tired. I actually feel more energetic than usual. I am just trying to figure out what's up. I usually get in at the very least 45 mins of cardio a day. I noticed that my weight started stalling when I started strength training.
So I don't know what to think about it.
My boyfriend keeps telling me my muscle is replacing my fat. But he doesn't really know what he's talking about lol

Weekends "off"... I'm afraid it could be that. Drop the strenght training for a week or two and see what happens. You won't really loose much strengh, and you'll know if it's related!

if you highbar and actually go low enough, you'll hit your quads AND your glutes but the lack of direct hamstring work as the result of only doing squats for legs will create an imbalance.

For legs I do 3 sets of heavy squats then 2 sets of lighter but paused. Then I do rdls supersetted with standing calf raises. Maybe I'll add in some leg extensions if I'm feeling cheeky

Thank you!! I was thinking about doing that. I was told by several people on here to start strength training when I posted that last picture update. I feel like they may have tricked me lol!

I'll definitely cut it out for now and see if it helps!! Thanks!!

Not a trick, no! It's not supposed to do that! I'm pretty sure it's not related. BUT better remove it from the equation just to be sure!
Also, since you've lost quite a lot of weight, have you recalculated your TDEE?

Kettlebell. What does Veeky Forums think of these? Good cardio source even if just getying one to do swings? Decent investment. Let me hear your thoughts.

Do squats work glutes only if you go below parallel ?

Yeah! I recalculated it when I first noticed the weight was stalling a while ago. So I adjusted it and have been going off of that!!

I'm cutting at about 1400 calories now!

So should I be eating 500 less than that then?

If you're not losing weight then obviously you need to eat less or do more cardio. I'd drop by 400 calories a day and see how you do. Also recomp is a thing. You can add muscle and burn fat simultaneously.

>4'10
>cutting at about 1400 calories
hmmm

Do not stop strength training, that guy is full of shit. Lifting makes you burn more calories for roughly 36 hours after your session.
It's possible that you're holding extra water weight due to lifting, but it does NOT mean you aren't losing fat, which is your actual goal, not the fucking number on the scale. You're not training for a wrestling match, you're trying to be healthier, and the scale isn't the only metric for that.
You may also be holding water due to excess carbs (especially on your cheat weekends), or you're weighing yourself too often and irregularly so you're seeing normal fluctuations. Try only cheating on one day a week, or every other weekend. Recalculate your TDEE, track your calories better, try to consume a higher percentage of your cals from good fats and protein, be honest with yourself.

More or less.
Not hitting full ROM focuses on your quads and can lead to knee issues.

>captcha select all the food
>captcha wants me to fail my cut

No, because you will drop the bar on yourself and die, which is very deleterious to gains.

What are your goals?
Are you counting deadlift as a non-leg training exercise?
If you don't do deadlifts you should do those.
Those two are sufficient for most people for most needs.

Part of my left hand has gone numb now. I think it's from lifting too much. Anyone ever have this or have advice for fixing it?

What's the point of doing deadlifts rather than squats + back hyperextensions?

Is convict conditioning a meme?

Apparently he doesn't give a fuck, could you believe it

Yeah.

Your TDEE may have changed. Your appetite has absolutely changed, and if you are not being extraordinarily careful (or doing something crazy like getting every last one of your calories from prepackaged foods like Soylent or etc), you may have begun misportioning things. I noticed that whenever I dieted I had to weigh my bowls of cereal or whatever, because portions would drift up if I didn't.

You may also just be retaining water from inflammation and glycogen depletion if you've just stepped up your exercise level.

And of course it's possible to pack on a surprising amount of muscle when you start strength training as a total beginner, but that's usually when you aren't calorie restricting.

machinesareshittier-outta-ten

Yeah. 5'11" with lots of exercise, sounds like you'd maintain at 2600 or a teeny bit higher.

No please don't, that's a stupid idea. Less exercise is never going to be better for weight loss.

Cut your weekends off to one day a week or fortnight off, then see. Also, are you still using your TDEE at your starting weight or have you recalculated?

You can't "run out of gains." This is a lifelong habit where patience is a virtue.

Training calisthenic for the last 3 month, alternating with bumbbells. Plus I do 40~60 minutes of cardio every two days. And my workouts are about an hour long.
So basically, Calist./cardio/dumbbell/cardio and so on. Only took one real complete rest day for the last two or three month.
For calisthenic, I basically uses this routine, except I (try to) do 4 sets instead of 3. For the dumbbell, I use exercises targetting similar muscle groups.
The thing is, I'm tired as fuck and on the calisthenic side I don't make any progress for the last few weeks.
Should I reduce back to 3 sets? And should I take at least one full rest day per week?
Also, I'm 5'8 ish, 137 lbs, about 13~15 bf. My TDEE without exercising is at about 1800 cals, so I figured eating at 2400~2500 Cals a day should be a clean bulk (considering that I do 1 hour of exercice a day, either cardio or bodyweight/dumbbels)
Any thought?

How numb? If it's total loss of sensation (like you could cut yourself without noticing) you need to see a doctor immediately.

If it's a bit of tingling and merely reduced sensation, I get that all the time and doctor's were little to no help. Apparently it's "not a problem". Paraphrased: Swelling of tendons pushing on nerves or something. Take an NSAID if you really need grip strength. Raise the handlebars on your bike. Wear a wrist brace while using the computer to avoid flexing your wrists. Report back if it lasts more than six months.

It quit after 5 months.

You might still want to see a doctor, who knows, you might have some genetic condition that's rotting your nerves from the inside out.

It's bullshit that it's going to give you some kind of alpha super strength.
It's an okay progressive body weight program, but weights would really be a much better idea.

Deadlifts hit your hamstrings and glutes so much harder than back extensions that it feels weird to even compare them. Nobody does a weighted back extension with twice their bodyweight. The spinae erectors can statically hold against really hilarious amounts more weight than they could ever hope to move by contracting.

You'd get a little bit better results if you go up to a glute/ham raise instead of just a back extension.
If your goal doesn't include sports (or general physical performance) or physique competition style hugeness, that'd probably be fine. But if you want either of those things, you should really incomporate deadlifts into your regimen.

Just a paresthesia. Pins and needles. Like I fell asleep on it. I've stopped doing shrugs and other high weight pull exercises to reduce the stress on it some. Glad to hear it's not permanent.

You should make whatever decision seems best to yourself, but as long as you return to strength training, you don't lose much and probably gain some if you cut it out for now, diet a bit harder, and return in a couple months.

Diet to lose weight, work out to improve health.

Working out can help with weight loss, but it's actually much more likely to just make you hungrier, making it harder to keep up your diet as your body demands resources to heal and adapt. It's a very fine line to walk, getting enough but not quite enough.
And studies have shown that dieting with very light exercise (20 minute walks three times a week) have significantly better weight loss results than diet and moderate exercise.

Great investment. Good for restdays or just mixing up your routine. Get one.

What can I do to stop being hungry? I'm using cbt to not give in to junk but I still feel so tempted by cravings.

Front squats for quad targeting, Hackenschmidt squats for hams, back squats for equal targeting + more glutes.

Drink tea or water. Stuff yourself with very low cal food (celery, cauliflower...)

Anyone?

Lol do you think this shit is that easy? I'm 5'11 and i've lost 60 pounds in the last year and a half. Get on the 1500 cal train you pussy. It's miserable but better than having tits.

Can someone tell me if this is a good way to meety goal?

AxAxAxx

Pull ups 5x8
Kettlebell squats 3x12
Kettlebell swings 3xF

500 calorie deficit OR surplus if I want to gain muscle. I would eventually progress to weighted pull ups. I'd also swim once a week.

How is this plan for cutting OR bulking?

Pic related is sort of goal body

you mean ATG squats right?
i started doing lunges when knees were in trouble, by the time I returned to squatting my max got 10kg heavier, so now I throw them in as well every once in a while.

Bro, I'm 5'11 and not that heavy. Your call intake should be below 2000 if you're looking to lose weight. My bulking calorie jntake is 2800 and im not even 200lbs.

Not the same hand numbing guy but I get that too. It usually happens after I lift and I lay in my bed/don't move for a while.

It's temporary, I think its nothing to be afraid of.

Its because your a midget.
You probs need a better cardio routine.
At that height and already low cal levels, you would need to step up exercise.
Cal cutting when ur daily cals is already low is not a great way to do it.

Im 5'11 and was also 270.
You need to change your cals.
My first 20 pounds was done at 1500 cals and 4 days a week of gym.
Currently 217 and dropping.

I bought some Kreatin, what can I expect? Do I lose my nattycard? Any tipps?

I am currently doing SL, and am soon going to miss one session due to a weekend away.

What can I do to minimize losses? I'd like to do something in the gym (maybe add some volume to one of my sessions to compensate for the loss?) instead of doing bodyweight, since I feel like that is an inferior option. Thoughts?

man fucking Germans I swear.

You can expect to go bald prematurely (seriously, google it).

Also, short term strength and weight gains which will allow you to up your maxes or crunch out more reps )you will lose some of it when you stop, but you will have created a good basis to work from)

Lift 6 days per week

I'll try not to overdo it with that stuff. Thanks.

So following the cut thread's advice I started doing intermittent fasting. It's been both easy and tough as shit so far. I'm just wondering if teas with naturally sweet ingredients are counterproductive tough? E.g., my favorite drink has cloves, cinnamon and orange.

Reposting this from the last QTDDTOThread:

I'm at 70kg (154 lbs) at around 19%bf. Is it possible to cut down to 10%bf by the end of June? My daily calorie intake is currently at 1800. I work out 3x a week (GSLP).

No way bra alot of spices and tea actually aid in fat loss

Is PSMF worth it?
Will I lose all my gains?

Oh well then, that's awesome. I was genuinely curious if something that tasted so sweet (no sugar added) made sense during the fasting periods.

Do I have shitty pec genetics?
SL since mid Feb. Bench is 65kg, struggling but upping weight every 4 workouts
I cant get a better picture but I highlighted what the problem is
>right pec seems to be more formed than left
>both pecs are more developed in the nipple area rather than being wider and "flatter"
should I do some work on my lefty? like one arm assisted pushups?
how do I make my pecs wider and more distributed

I really cant have anything can I?
a whole life of shit and now that I find something I can do and enjoy my genetics fuck me up yet another time

Is there anything wrong with eating red meat? Seems like every diet plan recommends chicken/turkey over lamb/beef but there's never any explanation why.

Leftists think it causes cancer.

Plus it's more fatty so for the same mass it contains more calories. You can still eat it though if you calculate it correctly in your diet plan.

>Seems like every diet plan recommends chicken/turkey over lamb/beef but there's never any explanation why.
Higher protein/gram and higher protein/calorie.

It DOES cause cancer, but in more of a "This will increase your chance of contracting any one of this list of cancers from 1/100000 to 5/100000 over a 25 year time scale", eating it is fine, especially in moderation.

Can I get a bf% on pic related?

65kg is absolutely nothing, you cant be examining your gains already.

Thoughts on instinctive training? Will I get good results doing this? It's when you don't follow a set routine. bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-shane1.htm

You still follow progressive overload and track diet etc buts it's more... flexible. Think of it as the IIFYM of lifting. Thoughts?

filter/10

Unattactive + fucked menstrual cycle %

its okay if you keep your main compounds in
i do whatever I want for my accessory work
mainly supersets for upper back/arms etc
good way to cut back on time in the gym

>Do I have shitty pec genetics?

No. Some people have a fucking canyon between them. Your pecs look totally normal.

Anyone here does yoga as part of their routine? I'm thinking of getting started, it could be good to develop my mobility more

i am a fat nigger

i started walking and i can deal with pain in my muscles (not even that bad if i stretch) but i get really bad pain in my shins

what is this?

sounds like shin splints. you might wanna change your shoes or the surface you walk on. RICE after walking also

I googled that and it also said something about too soon too quick, like I'm walking to quickly too soon ?

I don 't know if that has anything to do with it.

If it's your ring finger and little finger then somewhere your Ulnar nerve is getting impinged.

It can be impinged at the elbow due to a slightly abnormal elbow morphology, this is fairly unlikely and surgery is required to fix it.

It can be impinged at the elbow due to tight biceps or impinged slightly further up by tight pectorals. Try a deep massage of your bicep and pec, you can use a lacrosse ball and go ham with rolling or dig in and around with your thumb. Focus on the really sore spots.

Your ulnar nerve can also be impinged at the shoulder. This can be for multiple reason because shoulders are complicated.

Most likely is underdeveloped back musculature, do supinated grip barbell rows to hit a common weak spot which is your romboids, focus on squeezing them and holding at the top of the rep. Look at an anatomy diagram to get an idea where you are focusing on.

You could have an inflamed rotator cuff which is putting pressure on the nerve, this can be fixed with resting and NSAIDs.

My advice is to see a physio to help you figure out what might be causing it.

well that's what I am at, and I already specified that I'm just 3 months into lifting.
I'm just worried that this inbalance could develop in really shitty pecs
it's not really evident in photo but looking at them they're really uneven, what can I do??

Keep lifting more and see how it turns out.

Chances are you notice the slight irregularity more than anyone else will. 3 months isn't really long enough to judge it.

some advice on how I can speed up my bench press?
It's my slowest lift, any other exercise I can add weight every workout or every 2.
With BP I stay on a weight for at least 3 workouts
100 pushups on every day except before bp day?

Someone tell me what my macros need to be, I'm 5'11" 185lb I'm doing a cut.
Routine is ppl with two days of cardio

Come back in 9 months and we'll asses then.

Also going for otter or trex mode,
Lifts are quite shitty right now.
Deadlift:315 1x5
Squat:185 3x5
Bench: 180 3x5
OHP: 110 3x5

Can anyone recommend some good exercises for wrist flexibility? My wrists can barely bend back 15 degrees with my fingers outstretched. My right wrist is probably actually worse than that following an elbow fracture that fucked my arm

Bump for great justice

Rollo mode best mode

Wow. Its interesting for me to see the skip leg day thing in action.

I usually do cycling up hills 4% to 8% gradents. Worked well for me.

Two types of stretching for any body part : static and dynamic. You need both.

For your wrists: static- Arms straight out in front of you, palms up to the sky. Using your other hand, grab your outstretched arms fingers and bend down making the stretch in your forearm flexors until you feel moderate stretch. Hold for 1 minute, use sets if you have to, to reach 1 min.

Dynamic: same as above, but as soon you feel a light to moderate stretch in you forearm flexors, freeze, then with the stretched hand tense against the stretch as if your trying to wrist curl or curl your fingers. Hold the tension for a count of 5 sec. Then simultaneously exhale, release tension, and stretch your fingers back a little further. Repeat a few more times then you're done. With each rep you should be able to stretch back just a bit more.

I'm 5'11 and bulking on 2600kcal pal
eat less

I have a posterior shin splint that i foam rolled 2 days ago and it is still sore to the touch. Should i foam roll it again or wait until the soreness goes away?

It's fingers 2 and 3. Palm side.

I was around 270 trying to lose weight just from diet. Didn't do cardio or lift then but I cut @ 2000 or 1900 and 3-4 liters of water. It was slow but it worked

i stopped lifting 3 years ago and now im fat, regular fat not american fat
what should i do
i used to do SS and than some intermediate program but i dont remember which one

Is it possible to become intolerant to certain foods if you eat them everyday? I've had oats daily for over a year now and lately I feel sick when I eat it

It is I guess, but in your case it's more psychological than physiological. Either change the flavoring, or find something else to eat for a few days/week