Reaching out

I want to trade to make money to help my dad, he's in debt and I hate seeing him so stressed out because of it.

To cut a long story short I have until the end of January to make at least £9000, I'm currently working with just over 5000 LINK and I may have another £2000 to work with in the next couple of months because of a faulty computer I'm taking a retailer to court over not refunding.

I can't work, I'm mentally ill and unsociable, so for once I just want to do something useful in my life and help my dad out.

Im putting everything I have into this and just for once Veeky Forums can you set aside the FUD and trolling and help a brother out, I'm not asking or begging for money just for some wisdom about what to invest in and how to formulate some kind of plan to have £9000 total by January to pay off the debts. I know a lot of you are smarter and brtter win this stuff than me so I'm reaching out.

Other urls found in this thread:

peterlbrandt.com/your-mean-risk-per-trade-is-3-2-you-are-crazy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd recommend against day trading, especially since you're doing this for an emotional cause. Buy solid coins and hodl until end of January. As for good solid picks, that's anyones guess, but it's possible to make an educated guess

Yeah that's way too risky, I'm just thinking I know link will turn a profit soon but maybe there are better short term things going on in the coming months.

I'll try to be logical, I am a bit desperate though.

go in all in on ELIX.
you can x5 your investment.

Just be careful, desperation can kill you. Don't be certain of anything, even Link. Admitedly I just bought 12k Link

You think it will give more return than link by mid January, even if I buy now?

I'll try to be as stable as possible and not make rash decisions, I mean I didn't sell when link dipped yesterday so I will try to hold if I don't pour it into something else.

Did you get any during presale?

I made money on ELIX but pretty sure it is a hoax.

There's only one way: watch everything like a shithawk.

By this, I mean focusing on your timing and buying momentary dips in volatile coins. You've got to learn quickly, so start by making miniscule trades (less than $5) repeatedly until you're familiar enough with the format that you can reliably make your orders at the right time.

It's okay to sell a little too long after a high, so long as you buy back in before price exceeds your sell point. It's okay to sell before the peak of a high, so long as you're still focusing on buying back for less than your sell point.

Daytrading is a skill. Don't rely on mooning bullshit, you can earn your 2x and 10x by dint of sheer effort and attention. Just practice with small trades until you know you can make the big ones.

Again, DON'T TRADE BIG TOO EARLY, like half the idiots on this board.

Chainlink is just another shitcoin. It's decent at best, but apparently 50% of the ico money went into paying for pajeets to shill it here. It's way overvalued and not worth getting into now. The money skele himself tweeted it's overvalued. Pick something else.

risk management bro

x coin is moon all in now why aren't you rich in 1 trade etc etc it's bs and yeah people do make a lot of money like that but they can't sustain it and will either wake up and exit with that money, learn to trade properly, or most likely lose it all as fast as they got it, finding entries and good projects is pretty easy, it's managing your losses and making your winners bigger than your losses that most people can't do.

read up on technical and fundamental analysis and risk management most importantly. you can look at what biz is shilling but then you need to be able to evaluate it yourself and then manage the trade so that you either profit or lose very little. if you are losing more than 2% per trade you are going to get fucked longterm, keep that in mind.

peterlbrandt.com/your-mean-risk-per-trade-is-3-2-you-are-crazy/

Look for ICOs that require a Whitelist aswell as a KYC (know your customer) so far every ico that had those two elements turned out very good. Flip them at a profit right after they are released and you'll have your 9000 pound OP. Also when you found such icos, register more than one account just in case. Often single accounts are capped to a max of lets say 5 eth. If they're not capped individually I'd stay away from it anyways. Right now such icos would be Request and Wanchain but I believe the whitelisting is over already so just keep looking out for the next ones. Godspeed OP

t. someone whos also mentally ill and unsociable that made good money with the tip I shared with you.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll still look into it but I'll bear that in mind.

Thanks for the detailed response dude, I really appreciate it.

I'm gonna research this tonight, then start with some small trades as you say, once I feel comfortable I will do bigger trades.

Is it okay to use binance for this btw? I'm too pleb for etherdelta, I just use binance because it's easier to use.

As for my LINK, do you think I should hold most of it? Do you think it's a top investment atm? I might sell a bit to do day trade practise then use the upcoming money for bigger trades and hold the link, I'm unsure.

Why do you think it's overvalued? I think it's a good solid product that has limitless use cases, I don't see why it can't be a top 25 coin by the end of the year if I'm honest.

Thank you man I will read up on all of this and study it along with everything everyone else has said. I'll stay vigilant while I learn the ropes and will work hard. Opening your url you sent right after I send this.

Hey man sorry to hear you suffer with mental health too, I hope you find the help you need if you don't have it already. I know it can be very hard.

Thank you very much for that advice, do you know anywhere in particular where I can best scout for icos that are capped and whitelisted that are coming up?

Also what do you think I should do with the LINK I'm holding? it's all I have at the moment. Maybe sell after conference? I'm unsure. Or perhaps just sell for eth and invest in a future whitelist ico when the time comes?

I will keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for the responses my dudes.

This is it right here OP. Do NOT day trade. 99/100 people lose money on it cause they want to be like the 1/100 who pulls it off. You will find only misery doing that.

Hold onto your Link. If it reaches 80 cents USD, I'd sell. Then all you need to do is get a good ICO as the other person suggested, put your 4000 USD in, have it go 3x (will at launch, surely), and then withdraw and you'll be able to help your father.

It does seem riskier, but I also have limited time to raise the funds, I'm not sure who to listen to. :/

What if there are no good ICOs coming up? If I find one I'll be less inclined to try but it cant hurt to just try with small small trades and see if I turn a good profit overall over a month maybe?

Thanks dude, I'll hold onto the link. You reckon it could reach $1 this month?

Good luck man, you're gonna make it, no question.

I've managed to turn an investment of around 2k euro into 12k in just the last month by making some smart ICO investments (Kyber and Chainlink, now getting into request).

Definitely avoid day trading- there's not that many people who can handle the stress so stick to basic stuff, and look for the 1-2 good ICO's that come out each month to invest in, just like the user above your last post said.

I believe in you bro, you fucking got this

>anywhere in particular
not really dude.. I found out about Obsidian, Link, Request etc on Veeky Forums early actually. Good advice can be found here but it may be tough for you to filter it from all the shit that is also here. I unironically look at what Ian Balina looks at. He makes these upcomming ICO charts and ranks them. Don't take anything he says for bulletproof gold tho. He's wrong about rating them quite often I feel. However you can look at the icos he lists and see if they have a whitelisting + kyc going on.

Also I look at things like fliphodl.com at times.

>do with the LINK
personally, I'm holding the Link I bought at ICO. I sold half of it tho to lock in my initial investment, something I recomend you to do aswell. Some things may look great right away but dive hard (0x for example) so make sure you lock some gains.

Also, in case noone mentioned it yet: NEVER BUY ANYTHING AT ALL TIME HIGH. Period.

And whatever you do, don't settle for shitty ICOs man, the absolute worst feeling is to fomo yourself into something which you know is subpar and to be holding bags for some shitcoin that you knew wasn't that great all along.

There will always be a couple of good ones each month, so keep your eyes out and stay critical above all.

That gives me a lot of confidence hearing how much you've multiplied your initial investment in such a short amount of time, thank you bro I will try my hardest!

Do you recommend after I find these ICOs that I sell my investment as soon as it reaches 2x release price? Or what kind of strategy do you employ with these?

I'll have a look at fliphodl and will look into Ian and what he's saying, all info I appreciate a lot.

I wasn't aware KYC even existed, do the icos usually state that on their website / whitepaper if they're involved with it?

Thanks again dude I will make sure I don't waste anything and only invest in ICOs I'm very very confident in.

Do any of you guys have any way I can contact you for advice from time to time if you don't mind, I'll spend the whole night researching everything and fully processing what you've said but it would be super helpful.

It's very situational- you have to make the value judgements yourself- you have to weigh the potential for tokens to grow once they reach certain breakpoints and make decisions based on that.

For example I exited Kyber very soon after we hit the bigger exchanges during peak FOMO and hype for the token. The reason for this is that I knew they don't have any kind of product release scheduled until Q1 2018 so I knew that the price would be a slow bleed down from the 5x point at which I sold. Even though the end product could be solid I was looking to multiply my stack as fast as possible so I exited when I knew it wasn't going to get any better for a while.

Chainlink I sold off a third of my stack once we hit around 3-3.5x just to take some profit (which is never a bad thing to do once you make some good gains, from a risk management perspective) and put it into Obsidian after researching it for a while (up 50% on ODN since investing).

I'll be selling off another third of my LINK to generate funds for Request (might use my ICO gains to re-enter LINK again after) but I am incredibly confident in the long-term prospects of the company so will leave the rest of my LINK holdings untouched.

Fliphodl is an okay starting point, crush crypto (just read the articles on the website, much faster than watching the videos) is also decent. And like the other guy said there's some decent nuggets of information on this shithole if you know how to separate the gold from the shit.

I don't know man I'm tired so I'm rambling at this point. I have a throwaway email that I check maybe a couple times a month just to register for ICOs and shit, hit me up there: [email protected] , if I'm certain about something good I'll def shoot you a mail.

And above all man keep your chin up, we're all gonna make it, no sweat.

Thank you so much for the detailed reply, I've taken everything you have said on board. I shot you an email a couple of minutes after your post (the email address end a with a letter V just so you can confirm it's me) - really appreciate that.

I'm gonna head to sleep now too dude, I'll hold my chin up for sure.

We will make it :D