ITT:Post like it's r/fitness

ITT:Post like it's r/fitness

Other urls found in this thread:

SSRipptoeSL.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey guys. Fitness has always been a very personal thing to me and I want to share my progress.

Lifting 2 years
All in lbs
Weight- 230
Bench - 135
Squat - 225
Deadlift - 250
OHP - 100

When should I get off SS?

Your doing great user! Keep up the good work and if someone tells you different, hes just jealous! :)

Upvoted

just be yourself man :)

anybody else following Jason Blaha's ICF routine?
I've been doing it for a couple of weeks now and don't look any different, hoping for tips =)
my goal body is pic related

Wow, 100 for ohp is pretty decent, still struggling with 90lbs myself! Any tips on how to improve?

Just be yourself man :)

Hey guys! Got a bit of a problem, I've been going to the gym so much lately my wife and her children barely see me! Anyone else have this problem?

Don't worry man! I'm sure your wife's boyfriend will take care of them.

Hey guys. I'm having trouble getting past 225 squat. Can I get a form check please? Maybe I need to upgrade my lifting belt.

This is supposed to be Reddit not Veeky Forums

All the big boards are at least 30% reddit now.

That veg-dye finish is hot though.

Hey guys, I saw a couple fellas at my gym shoving dildos in their buttholes for squats. When I asked why they said, "Implying you can hit depth and fire out of the hole without a squat plug." "2016. Not plugging your anus. Eye shiggy diggy."

Not sure what they meant but they were strong. Anyone else see this at their gym?

edit: Wow! Thanks for all these upvotes!
edit 2: Thanks for the gold stranger!

This.

[–]Berniesupporter69 68 points 4 hours ago

Hey guys, we got a babysitter for my wifes children the other day, so me and my wife could go see magic mike. my wife liked the movie, i didnt however, these things set such unrealistic expectations for men, there is no way such physiques could be reached naturally.

What's up guys? My wife/hubby/SO/gf/Significant Other has recently started working out, and now I got some motivation of my own. My question is, if I want this type of body, what excercise is the most important

DisclaimerFTFY: I dont need help with my diet, I already know work outs are far more important! Don't forget to that you mist spell everything correctly on this fab site, and i accidentally forgot a

Hey bro, come join us in /r/cuckold. We all experience this but found a way to satisfy our wives

ITT: people who don't go on reddit pretending that they know what redditors say.

Hate to break it to you, but r/fitness is exactly like Veeky Forums except everyone is a beginner and they know they're a beginner. Unlike here where most are intermediate but think they're elite. R/powerlifting and r/bodybuilding are less cunty versions of Veeky Forums due to the mandatory trip

We META now.

Over the past few months I have lost my will to lift. I am not sure why.

Any rage comics that could help out someone suffering from PTSD and depression and anxiety?

I'm natural. Just hard work.

>proceeds to post on bb.com and Veeky Forums that he ran DNP

Amber Blank

Hey gays, can someone explain to me like am 5 who is Chad?? and what evryone is saying he is eating Pizza is all about? It is really startnig to make me hungry for pizza! Am trying to lose wait so its not really helping!!! :(((

stfu faggot

>literally 1/3 of posts
going to the gym for the first time. what do i need to know?

>1/3 progress pics

>1/3 memes

>.000000000001% of posts
legitimate questions about fitness

>reddit is better because everyone is nicer :3

kys

OH BOY, LOOK AT THE SHENANIGANS THOSE RUFFIANS ON Veeky Forums ARE UP TO!

edit: Wow, you guys don't know Veeky Forums? Check out Veeky Forums, but only Veeky Forums, it's hilarious
edit 2: Glad I could share the hilarity, my friends! ;^)

All memes aside, this is me. What the fuck. How shitty is my program.

Have you ever considered trying?

Mod here! Isn't it great to be a mod of such a huge subreddit? :) :D :)

>Hey man, you could make this better by doing x. Just a suggestion, but you kinda hamstrung some quality content here

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST FUCKING SAY TO ME? I'M THE MOD OF ONE OF THE LARGEST SUBS ON REDDIT! WE HAVE SO MANY DIFFERENT SUBSCRIBERS THAT IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THE WIKI AND USED THE SEARCH! JUST BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING, DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD POST. BECAUSE THERE IS A NOOB ON THE FRONT PAGE ASKING HOW LONG THEY SHOULD STAY ON SL FOR IS NOT RELEVANT!

EDIT: This is now my most upvoted comment!
EDIT: Thanks for the gold kind stranger

>pretty damn good whats wrong with those lif...
>all weight in lbs

I fucking hate the edits about upboats and gold, the apologetic bullshit and all the general child logic encountered on Reddit. But it's a good resource for a few games I play and I also enjoy looking at boots on gyw. But it's fucking annoying seeing shit like "edit: guess I was wrong le sorry didn't mean to offend anyone le downboats!!!!"

I do compound lifts every day with supplementary exercises. I'm obviously doing something wrong though since my lifts are so garbage.

Eat better and more dipshit it's not rocket science it's the most basic physics

Eat more and increase your weekly volume steadily and sensibly.

Maybe ad a couple of rest days, under recovering will hinder your ability to maximise weekly volume accumulation.

>Edit: Thanks for the gold, kind stranger!

holy shit what are those lat insertions
myryn

This entire thread is accurate

Reddit isn't anonymous you fool.

Am I gay enough?
Faglifter1 1 hour ago 69 points
I've been gay for two years and my stats are:

Cocks gobbled 1x9 & 3x1 (it was a wild night)
Dong takes 1x30
Dong gives 1x2 (have trouble getting out of the hole)
Boipucci /b/ posts 17x348

I just feel like that's shit progress for two years. My dad said back in his day he gobbled 140 cocks in just over a year. Idk reddit what do you think?

Edit: thanks for upbot
Edit 2:thank for le Reddit cuckgold
Edit3: attention pls

>pretty good
>230kg BW

>2 years for those numbers
I'm so sorry user.

I think you're right in the sense that some sort of identidy on fitness advice forums is conductive to the reliability of info. For example here everybody pretends to squat 3 plate when maybe 2% of guys you see at the gym can do that.

But then bodybuilding forums is just guys who roid and spam broscience so there's that. Veeky Forums has mostly entertainment purposes anyways, the sticky is quite good and almost identical to reddits fit sticky.

Well guys, after three years of lifting I finally managed to work up the courage to use the squat rack for the first time :) I'm so unbelievably proud of myself, even if I couldn't hit depth, that I treated myself to a big sundae afterwards. Bulk lyfe! Teehee

I'm a girl btw :)

Suck my dick redditfag no homo

The program isn't the problem, you are.

Kek

Hey guys, I just did my first strict pushup today, but I did some windmills to warm up for them, and now I feel a strange kind of stretch in my chest - am I overtraining? Could it be a pec tear?

Yes, take a week off and carb-load

The Veeky Forums subreddit has half a fucking million subscribers, I think many of them lurk here.

permabulk master race bro.

I got a cold from the gym, should i go see the doctor? Anyone recommend any safe gloves to wear?

Gardening gloves. Also doctors are fat phobic and misogynistic. You should see my shaman.
Feel the bern.

Hello fellow fitizens; how do I go about getting my wife's black boyfriends kids to start lifting? I've been paying for their meals and clothes and have noticed lately that they will only eat junk food. I really want to get them in shape so my insurance premiums will go down (I know I know, they are perfect the way they are) I just feel like maybe my life would be easier. My wife thinks I'm just being too aggressive and selfish. I'd really like to help though! What routines would work? Thanks friends!!!

>ITT: people who don't go on reddit pretending that they know what redditors say.
>ITT: people who don't go on reddit
I don't see any issues here.
If YOU go on reddit, maybe try an hero

>>>.000000000001% of posts
>legitimate questions about fitness
And you complain about that on Veeky Forums of all places.
>1/3 youtuber drama
>1/3 misogyny and r9k shit
>1/3 generals which may or may not be fitness related depending on how many people use them as social circle
>0.01% fitness threads with no reply other than "we've already discussed it this month just read the sticky"

/r/weighroom/ is pretty good senpais if you're ever thinking about going to reddit :^)
any large subreddit just generally sucks

>/r/weightroom
fuck

>>misogyny
stopped reading

>On comment to someones 5 plate deadlift

It looks like your upper back has slight rounding, I would deload and work on form. Here's a link to my 135 deadlift with pristine form: SSRipptoeSL.com

I would jump on SS with cleans replaced with rows OP.

Please NO one post brosciencelife videos, I have said time and time again they are MISOGYNISTIC and a BLIGHT on our community. Please do not respond to this post, it's not an argument thanks:^)

>Literally any problem

Deload OP you don't want to hurt yourself.
In all seriousness, it seems like reddit has some sort of hatred against pushing yourself. Any time someone mentions going to failure, people hate on him. Going to failure occasionally is literally necessary to get growth and progress past a certain point, and they seem to hate it.

if youre below 8' you should just kys manlet

>the ants came back

I'm not sure its appropriate to be posting this here. Maybe you should try sharing in /r/bodybuilding :^}

as an atheist cat adopter who goes to the gym to improve my health, it isn't bad to use machines.
just take one step at a time and don't worry about people judging you.

have an upvote.

Get a digital scale to track macros properly

The real problem, though, is you're not trying hard enough. You think you're lifting to failure but you're just reaching a volitional failure. You gotta get pumped for each set, you gotta breathe properly,and you gotta force your way through the reps you think you can't do.

If you've ever lifted genuinely pissed off at something else in life, you might understand. Your volume shoots through the roof if you're actually pushing your body.

misogyno*

>About to set Bench PR today
>About to set Squat PR today
LIFTBOWL FUCKING CONFIRMED GET READY GET HYPE *Airhorn noises*

oh lol he's a cuck haha lol his wife fucks another man this joke never gets old XD FUCKS. ANOTHER. MAN.

found the redditor

pic related, topf cuck

Have you tried going on Veeky Forums? It's all FPH, steroid generals and wank material.

How can anyone here be lifting?!?! I don't have any time. Any free time I have I spend hitting the phones for the Bernie campaign. I wholeheartedly genuinely believe you should too.

Edit 1: I guess I should of clarified, I have severe autism.
Edit 2: Just pledged 15 dollars, match me!
Edit 3: MY FIRST GOLD! Thank you stranger!
Edit 4: Guys help I was fingering my butthole with what I thought was lube and it was super glue. I don't have health insurance help!

Do you bench every single day? OHP every single day? Your problem may be that you aren't letting your muscles rest, recover, and grow.

I'm a female and no one dares to critique my form. IMO if anyone approaches you then you don't look bitchy/mean/confident enough. When I go to the gym I act "overconfident" to the point of being douchey; I talk to myself to pump myself up before my lifts, I grunt etc loud, pace and walk around the gym like I own it between sets. I always look PISSED like psycho... Workout with intensity and purpose, don't ever look hesitant or lost etc.
No one dares to even approach me; I noticed some guys rather wait until I am finished with the equipment instead of interrupt me to ask me how many sets I have left. It also helps if you are one of the stronger people in the gym. I'm also small (100 lbs) but my gym has so many weak people (commercial gym) that I lift on par/more than some guys on many lifts.
If someone came up to me and offered advice I seriously would not even bother to take out my headphones but say "NO" or "What makes you qualified to critique ME? How much do you squat, bench,deadlift?"
No one at the gym thinks they know more than me because I know more than most since I consider myself very informed; I train powerlifting style and spent thousands of hours reading articles at T-Nation, EliteFTS, bodybuilding forum etc.... I am even more knowledgeable than the trainers (no brag) but a dumbass trainer tried to tell me I was leaning forward during my squat (this was when I was a beginner) so i humored him and let him talk and then told him i was doing low bar and the dumbass never even heard of low bar. These trainers who are are not truly passionate about lifting only know what NASM teaches them and don't even know basic ish like low bar/high bar, never heard of 5x5 or SS. Total dumbasses.

Hi r9k... uuh I mean reddit of course! ;)

At this point I am strong and knowledgeable enough where I am not afraid to literally tell people to fuk off to their face. I also I am one of the strongest females at my gym (despite my size). I go to a gym where hardly any guys squat over 225 parallel; most just wear gloves for cable exercises and curls. Many use pads to squat etc.

Looking unapproachable to me is to the point where I will "mean mug" people, growl out loud or slam a weight on purpose if someone is staring at me/bothering me to let them know to cool off. Your idea of looking unapproachable is probably nowhere near "threatening" enough. I see the gym as a jungle; you either are predator or prey and I have decided to never be a prey but a predator. Thus no one fuks me; no one tries to steal my equipment or talk to me cause they know i am not having it. You have to establish a reputation as not to be messed with. Sounds extreme to some but it works for me.

I only go to the gym to work out, not to talk, interact or talk to anyone. ALWAYS wear headphones and look mad. NEVER smile or look unconfident. Feel almost "entitled" and walk around like you own it and it also helps if you are STRONG and outlifting most guys. If you are weak then it may be harder.

Also, I could care less even if someone just wanted to chat or be friendly without critiquing. I am not interested in chatting at all and feel it's ok to "shut people down"... For example if someone tries to chat "Oh what is that exercise you are doing? What muscle does it work? "(When I am doing my 205 lb barbell hip thrust) I would just say "I'm not a trainer, there's one over there you can talk to about exercises"... or "I am busy, please do not interrupt my workout"... Never say "I'm busy but would like to chat later" cause I have no intention of doing so.

It's like the opposite of Veeky Forums, a lot of people here are shredded with good stats and think they're DYEL, everyone there is the other way around

I feel like a lot of women are socialized and conditioned to be "nice" and never be rude, never rock the boat... Whereas me I am very unconventional and never felt the need to be "friendly" or "smiley" or "politely" just cause I am a female; I also find this expectation very sexist. It feels GOOD to tell people to fuk off.

In my lifting career I got offered advice twice; once by the trainer I mentioned above (who had to go home and read up on low bar squats in order to respond to me the next day) and once when it was my 3rd time squatting or so and even then when he said "Would you like some advice?" I said "NO, I don't need your unsolicited advice". Now no one offers which is just how I like it.

I do not allow anyone to help me unload plates either. Just because I am small does not mean I am weak. Yes, I am 100 lbs but I carry a 45lb plate with one hand with ease. It's not heavy for me at all. I literally tell them to put it back and not to touch weights I am using without my consent.

I am not totally obnoxious though; I would take advice from a guy who squats more than 315 DEEP, or deadlifts in the 450's and up... Someone with a powerlifting background and good form but there is NO ONE like that in my gym. Fuk if I am going to take advice from a skinny guy who looks like he weighs 130 lbs soaking wet while wearing gloves. If you are going to offer me advice you better be aesthetic and look like you lift or be strong as fuk. If not fuk off.

REMINDER: Any fat shaming, fat people hate, trump talk, free speech, etc will result in a BAN. I will not tolerate this racism, xenophobia, fat shaming, exchange of free ideas any longer!

Just hit the 1000 Pound Club

>75lb Overhead Press
>135lb Bench Press
>185lb Squats
>225lb Deadlift
>95lb Incline Bench
>95lb Decline Bench
>40lb Dumbbell Press
>20lb Dumbbell Curls
>40lb Preacher Curls
>180lb Leg Press

Didn't have to add anymore exercises because this is more than enough. I'm probably close to the 1500 Pound Club now.

Does anyone here post on r/fitness regularly? I'd like to see a thread on there saying 'ITT: we post like it's Veeky Forums.org/fit' and see what kind of caricature they paint us with. Those two threads side by side would be worth a screenshot.

I tried to make an appointment with a trainer at my local gym so that he shows me how to do the basic exercises, squats, deadlifts etc. properly. He said that all of that isn't suitable for a beginner and suggested to do a month long all body workout using machines to build up "deep muscle".

I'm kind of athletic and have been to the gym a few years ago.

I figured that if I started with not much weight I should build up the necessary muscle just fine. My concern regarding the machines is that they will put more stress on my joints and will make me stronger relative to my stabilizing muscles, which could pave the road for injuries due to an imbalance in strength.

What do you think? Shall I listen to his advice and go for a machine only plan for a month before starting the freeweights?

I don't think they care enough about Veeky Forums to do that.

OP said /r/fitness not reddit as a whole. this is one of the problem with 4channers, too retarded to realize that each subreddit has a different community. some subreddits are full blown autistic sjw trash like /r/blackladies, /r/fitness is a casual health and fitness subreddit, /r/bodybuilding is a serious lifting subreddit with a nice community

As a cross poster it honestly wasn't a very good thread. It's obvious most people here have been to reddit 3 times in their life so it's the very basic cuck / bernie supporter / thanks for the gold kind stranger parodies, nothing to do with r/fitness. Other subreddits are much better at making fun of r/fitness.

Serious question: Why did reddit fall head over heals for Blaha's ICF? It's another variation of an old programme and he doesn't have a cult of personality there (unlike other fitness celebs they seem to swoon over).

My only reasoning is that it contains the words "Ice Cream".

> Hey I just ran into Arnold at staples

It isn't bad to use machines.

Anti-machine hate came from artists believing in barbell or nothing because they fell for the SS meme, fuck it took years before dumbbells became acceptable to these fuckers

> "Hi I would like to look good in time for summer"
> "I recommend a programme called Starting Strength to help you achieve that goal"

> Hey guys I made a PDF of my nightly routine of 92 body stretches designed to help correct poor posture
> Edit: Thanks for the gold kind stranger