Squat form check

Hey guys, how's my squat in relation to the previous weeks?

Today
youtu.be/1EICbqJ8yfg

Last week
youtu.be/xnH6FN3oGNs

2 days before
youtu.be/iPth4sC-_7U

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/articles/active_hip_2_rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My background is rehabilitation so maybe I'm biased, but I say it's a common misconception that everybody should start out doing back squats and deadlifts. You have to pick exercises that are appropriate for your level of strength, mobility, and MOTOR CONTROL.
A gymnastics coach wouldn't have you try to perform an Iron Cross on your first day. Of course an Iron Cross is a whole lot harder to learn than a back squat, but the principle remains - You don't start practicing an exercise that's way above your current level. The fact of the matter is that a lot of people who come here to get their form corrected - that includes OP - will never manage to get a perfect squat, because they've skipped important learning steps and just started piling weight on top of a fundamentally dysfunctional movement pattern. With practice their squat may start looking more and more proper, but the trained eye will notice plenty of little, but important faults that skew the risk/reward ratio of the exercise in a negative direction.

Start out doing Goblet squats (or maybe an even easier variation of the squat) and progress to Air squats once you become good at bracing and your hips start loosening up. Only then can you start playing around with some more serious loading.

What if I include goblet squats in my routine while still keeping light higher rep back squats??

You don't understand. Your brain doesn't know where you back is. Your brain doesn't know how to brace.

You can do whatever the hell you like, but my advice is to stick to the goblet squats, and when they look perfect, go to air squats and start practicing those. That means zero weight.
Only when you can do a perfect, deep air squat are you ready to load your back. In my opinion. You've got to walk before you can run.

But do as you like.

Thanks bro

Lol wut?
You have literally 0 rehabilitation instruction experience. Why claim to be something lower than a nurse on a Ukrainian water color forum?

Bump, pls help me unfuck my shit up

Rebump

Disgusting butt wink. Switch to pause squats to expose your shitty form more. You're going too fast.

It's looking a lot better, but you really need to do it more slowly like we've told you the last two times. When you get to your lowest point, you use the momentum and your back to get you over that 'hill'. Try to pause for half a second when you're all the way down. This is going to be a lot harder.

Rest looks a lot better.

What's the best cue to avoid buttwink? I'm focusing on bracing my abs, taking a big abdominal breath, pulling the bar down on my back and sitting my hips back while squeezing my glutes.

Thanks man, yeah I felt like I need to control the movement more, that I'm still dive-bombing a little. Has my back tightness improved?

Try pointing your feet out more.
That will make your knees go to the sides more, which will reduce the distance your ass has to go back.

Break at knees before hips.

Awful advice.

>Break knees

i was the first guy to mention the duffin vid. your form looks yards better, but you're still going down too fast and bouncing out of the bottom. congrats, tho, solid progress.

my best advice is to way way overdo the tightening aspect in your core and glutes, to where these light weights feel like they're going to make you pass out. that way, when you load the bar heavier, it will feel largely the same and you won't lose tightness.

Thanks man, that Duffin video really helped a lot. I also started doing leg raises and planks to strengthen my core.

I will go slower on Wednesday and film my squats again, once again thank you

startingstrength.com/articles/active_hip_2_rippetoe.pdf

>bouncing out of the hole
>Wrong
Don't listen to this faggot

>>bouncing out of the hole

it's fine for people who can stay tight, but OP was rounding his back and dive-bombing, which needs to be fixed first- he needs to find the pocket to bounce from