I've been doing a lot of research lately and it seems that eggs are actually horrible for your body...

I've been doing a lot of research lately and it seems that eggs are actually horrible for your body. This was upheld by the united states supreme court. What are your thoughts on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCjFR9DvQ5w
youtube.com/watch?v=rO4kdtMq8rs
skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/eggs-arteries-yolk-yolk/
m.openjurist.org/570/f2d/157/national-commission-on-egg-nutrition-v-federal-trade-commission
outsidethebeltway.com/did-congress-declare-pizza-a-vegetable-not-really/
youtube.com/watch?v=uqzXLIlwgTI
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989358/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10704618/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and with scalia assassinated, there's no hope of ever getting it overturned.

fml

>united state Supreme Court

The government and/or Supreme Court don't know shit. They're the last people I would trust.

That said, idk if they're good or bad for you. I eat a lot of the motherfuckers. Couldn't be any worse than fast food.

Link to the Supreme Court decision?

the cholesterol inside the yolk is a cause for atherosclerosis. if u really want to eat eggs, just eat the egg whites.

It's not allowed in the U.S.A. for any egg company to write "nutritious" (or any variant thereof) or "healthy) (or any variant thereof) on their packaging or their advertisements.

They have to resort to using strange words and weak phrases that don't mean anything, like "incredible":

youtube.com/watch?v=pCjFR9DvQ5w

Trust me, if egg companies were legally allowed to use "healthy" or "nutritious," it would be in every one of their ads.

youtube.com/watch?v=rO4kdtMq8rs

Can you link me to the decision? Advertising rights according to the courts don't necessarily mean they're not healthy. And posting a youtube ad that calls eggs incredible doesn't seem really reliable. On top of that, they call pizza a vegetable in the USA so without the details of the decision, it's hard to take the results of the decision to mean that eggs aren't actually healthy.

that pizza thing is a myth.
we do call Jello fruit though.... shame where shame is due.

skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/eggs-arteries-yolk-yolk/

here's an actual look at that study. not just a knee-jerk glance at the single conclusion they found during it.

From what I can find there was a case of the National Egg Council vs The Federal Trade Commission that went through the US Court of Appeals back in the 70's that tackled the way eggs are advertised

m.openjurist.org/570/f2d/157/national-commission-on-egg-nutrition-v-federal-trade-commission

That said, one of the big issues in this case (insofar as I can tell) was the cholesterol content, and as of the 2015 "Dietary Guidelines for Americans" released by the federal government the cholesterol recommendations (300 mg max a day) have been done away with altogether

Pizza thing is not really accurate, here's done interesting reading on the matter.

outsidethebeltway.com/did-congress-declare-pizza-a-vegetable-not-really/

This is the information I was asking for. That answers my question, there is no modern consensus that eggs are unhealthy, though it is no yet accepted that they are 100% safe.
As with anything, it would appear that with eggs, your best bet is moderation.

It wasn't really a myth. They wanted to count the tomato sauce on the pizza as vegetables equivalent to the amount of tomatoes it took to make the sauce. Thats sorta cheating the rules that said the school lunch should contain a certain amount of vegetables per serving, given as a mass.

The argument that the tomato sauce didn't contain the whole tomato since water had been removed, and that the sauce couldn't be said to contain more vegetable mass than its own mass, was at a point countered with that the meal contained water from other sources, hence the argument was that the water in the pizza bread and toppings made up the part of the tomato that was missing, hence the entire pizza was a vegetable.

cigarettes dont even cause atherosclerosis u dipshit

>This was upheld by the united states supreme court.
if you're just arguing that because eggs can't advertise as healthy as the reason for eggs being horrible for your body, that's just stupid user.

this is the little cuck that makes those videos
youtube.com/watch?v=uqzXLIlwgTI
he does not lift and is biased against anything not vegan

why do all vegans have the same weird fucking mannerisms?

I eat 7 a day.
Makes me fart a lot I guess.

> being this mad at vegans

Why don't you stop wasting your time analysing someone else's life choices and instead focus on your own?

That doctor is a cuckold

ditto.

> implying I'm vegan

>implying I implied you were

>That doctor is a cuckold

Source user ?

test deficiency leads to them behaving like women, hence the endpoint of arguing with any vegan is them shrieking "WOW LIKE LITERALLY I CAN'T EVEN WOW"

>trusting the government on nutrition or anything regarding your health

L M A O
M
A
O

>tomato
>vegetable

>As you can see, the plaque area (in the last line) increases as more eggs are eaten which would seem to imply that as you eat more eggs, the more closed the carotid artery becomes in these groups of patients. That’s not good and is a very important indicator of cardiovascular disease. But there’s a really serious issue with this data, and that is that triglycerides, HDL cholesterol (what is considered the “good” cholesterol) and LDL (“bad” cholesterol) are unchanged across the groups. Though plaque area is significantly different, the assumed cause of the plaque change, bad cholesterol, isn’t changing as a result of the increase in eating eggs.
>“This strongly suggests the association is not causal but is incidental or spurious – unless an alternate mechanism can be proposed and supported by evidence.”

In another article written by the same authors of the carotid artery paper, another mechanism is proposed

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989358/

>A focus on fasting LDL and dietary cholesterol levels per se has obscured three important issues. The first is that dietary cholesterol increased susceptibility of LDL to oxidation by 37% (21) in one study and by 39% in another (22)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10704618/

Dietary cholesterol is not correlated to homeostatic blood cholesterol level. High fasting blood level cholesterol is what causes disease, and is caused by poor regulation either by the liver or by the endocrine system.