What is the point of being fit or even being healthy?

what is the point of being fit or even being healthy?

does anyone else just look at all the progress they've made and for however much you feel good about yourself you realize the vanity behind it all and ask yourself what's the point? we're all just rotting flesh on disintegrating bones.

then kill yourself you fucking idiot

This, just do it op its not worth it in the end.

is suicide the ultimate answer? what about it is idiotic?

Because I wanna look good naked for my short time on this earth

>hurr we all are gonna die!
>it is all useless!

Yes, we are all going to die.
Some people spend their lives surviving
Some people spend their lives simply existing
Some of us will spend our lives living.

>inb4 fedora

Pick one, that's how it is.

Then, by your logic, you should kill yourself.

This isn't even one of those troll
>kys faggot
posts it's sincere. The only way to be a genuine nihilist is to commit suicide

/r9k/ please go

>what about it is idiotic?
spending eternity in Hell for committing a mortal sin

I hope that you're a genuine nihilist and come to the same conclusion faggot.

kill yourself please

>Some of us will spend our lives living.
what does this mean? being Veeky Forums and healthy is part of a better life, or "living" as you specify it?

>posts it's sincere. The only way to be a genuine nihilist is to commit suicide
then i guess i'm not, it's just something that's been on my mind a lot. im not actually suicidal, it's more of a reflection on fitness and health and whether or not it's really a source of better living

>what does this mean? being Veeky Forums and healthy is part of a better life, or "living" as you specify it?

It means being the best you can possibly be. It means becoming self-actualized on the hierarchy of needs.

>what does this mean? being Veeky Forums and healthy is part of a better life, or "living" as you specify it?
This right here proves how wrong fundamentally your thought process is about life in general.

Do whatever the fuck you want to do.

No one posting on Veeky Forums is really living.

>all vanity behind it
Looking good contributes to success in other endeavors. Feeling good does too, and it also... feels good!

I look forward to death as a release from the burdens of life, but I also enjoy the pleasures of life. You sound like you're fixated on one over the other, which makes no sense since you can't do anything about your death or the nature of life while you live it.

Existential nihilism.
Nothing new.
You could use some daoism in your life.

Enjoy life while it lasts. If you don't enjoy life, you're doing it wrong.
All those small pleasures in life.

what is the point of being fit or even being healthy?

1. Its so much fun
2. I Veeky Forums in with the fitness community
3. Both sexes are impressed by it

For me it's about survival. I'm genuinely one of those girls born with DENSE bones, a heavy frame, hips/thighs and a tendency to build muscle (I hit puberty and doubled in weight before everyone in my class. I was anorexic for 4 years as a result, not caring about being healthy and being afraid of being curvy because of unwanted sexual advances from a a young age. When I was put on a ED unit diet and monitored at all meals I resorted tobulimia as I was getting exponentially heavier eating 1200-1500 kcal a day. I don't even lift and I am 10lbs away from obesity BUT I keep myself busy going on treks, doing DIY, playing Dance Dance Revolution. Being here has helped me come to terms with my build and therapy that a bit of muscle doesn't make you 'manly'. I've decided I'd rather be bigger but stronger and healthier than the skelly girl I was because I lost my period, absolutely destroyed my digestive system and was hallucinating.

I used to be so ashamed of my legs in particular but most of the fit grills posted here have big ass hams and round quads rather than the stick legs that surround me in the street. If I didn't learn to compromise with a bigger but stronger me that actually eats food I'd literally go back to the other extreme and kill myself.

this guy knows. If your going to be a mopey pussy the whole time just kill yourself and spare us your depressing bullshit or you could read Nietzsche, build your body, your mind and get maximum fulfillment out of your life. One of those choices seems much better than the other in my opinion.

>whats the point

being better than all these fat fucks shoving crap down their throat

health

not dying early cause you are a whale

many reasons

the point of health is health?

if people didnt care they would just sit on their fat ass and eat mcdonalds all day

people dont lift just for fun

You can died a sick cunt or you can die a fat cunt. Make your choice brah.

Don't lift then. Just go back to /r9k/ at least

tl;dr
use meme arrows next time thank you

>I'm genuinely one of those girls
>girls

stopped reading right there

it's real simple: bitches love muscles
>get that bitch some muscles

I exercise and try to live a healthy lifestyle because being physically unhealthy is both physical and mental torture and all aspects of life are more enjoyable and fulfilling when both your body and mind are as healthy as possible.

This is coming from a suicidal/depressed person.

I don't like being weak, that's all there is to it.

Nobody gives a shit here, nerd

Nigga please

Edge lord

because i enjoy lifting and love when you can feel a girl get instantly more wet the moment she feels up your body when you're fingering/fucking her. or when they stop what theyre doing and stare at you with their mouth open when you take your shirt off.

life is short, make the most of it.

How much of this true?

exactly, you're fucked sooner or later, be the best you can be and enjoy yourself as much as you can because when you ded you ded and as far as we know you aint coming back, life just feels better when your're fit and healthy

Female: all of it.
Male: all but the incontinence and PCOS stuff.

the other day someone at work told me i look like i could beat the shit out of someone

no other compliment i have received compares to this one

198%

Cause if i die with nothing to my name, at least they'll remember my gainz

K OP instead of lifting go play some fucking video games or smoke some weed or watch tv or do some other pointless shit.

Fag.

You're doing nihilism wrong, OP.

It's not "it's all gonna end so why even bother," it's "it's all gonna end so let's fuck shit up and be happy"