What is the most effective Martial Art and why is it Judo? /asp/ is literally only wrestling threads allowed

What is the most effective Martial Art and why is it Judo? /asp/ is literally only wrestling threads allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zof0WmcWwnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nonsense. There are like five martial arts threads on /asp/.

Seriously, it sucks, but this is where martial arts threads used to be before /asp/ got started.

Wrestling like the reality show kind or wrestling legitimate wrestling?

Because I don't see why actual wrestling shouldn't be on /sp/.

Judo is weabo shit, all about Muay Thai. If you can't strike with your elbows, knees, and shins you're going to get wrecked

/asp/ is really Wrestling now, even martial arts threads get raided on a regular basis, WWE isn't even wrestling, it's all fake bullshit ans belongs on /tv/

>know Muay Thai
>end up on ground
>die
Muay Thai is great but BJJ is the most effective. If you learn two those are the two that I'd recommend, but on it's own BJJ is king.

We know it belongs on /tv/. The rules say it's for sports, and they say that if you are going to talk about watching professional sports, go to /sp/. So either WWE is fake, and belongs on /tv/, or it's real, and belongs on /sp/.

The only circumstance in which it belongs on /asp/ is if people who actually participate in professional wrassling are discussing it, and that will never happen.

>lurn sprawl
>BJJ never has opportunity
>has to strike
>pulls guard
>thai boxer kicks legs until tap from strikes

The sprawl on its own implies crosstraining. Also good luck kicking from someone's guard without getting swept.

> Took BJJ for 2 months
Learned all the BJJ I'll ever need to know. Cauliflower ear no thx. Besides, you take someone to the ground IRL their friend will stomp your ass

If there's a friend I don't see much of anything being super effective.

>/asp/
>not making a new board just for wrestling

This is /asp/ with all the WWE bullshit crossed out, literally 16 or so on topic threads left. FUCK wresting, it has the worst fan-base ever. Allowing WWE faggots on /asp/ killed /asp/

The best martial art is the one you stick to and go to the classes consistantly

Muay Thai. Teep, keep them at a distance. Quick shin strikes to keep them off balance. Throw elbows. Best martial art for multiple opponents, especially if you have long limbs

A self defence focused one that prevents you getting into a fight is the best.

Imo judo fits the bill here. From standing if someone tries to attack you you can defend yourself by throwing them the fuck away

I guess we interpreted this differently. I was interpreting it as two trained people up against each other. But in your scenario of multiple untrained goons Muay Thai would seem the most effective.

Krav Maga

>No BJJ
>Takes attacker to the ground
>Attacker's friend stomps you to death

Rex Keon Do

>be me grade 6, year 2000 in the hood (age 11.5)
>I am 100% hispanic, but look white/green eyes
>30/70 get harassed by black/hispanic kids/am popular at school
>Parents feared stories about kids getting stabbed in middle school
>already been jumped and had many street fights
>Was a yellow belt hapkido karate

One day my grandfather forgot to pick me up from school, it was far away from home but I knew how to get back, so I walked. Don't know about racism yet since I'm 11 and hispanic, my family is assorted races.

>walkin home 4 negros walking from the direction of the middle school are ahead of me
>two on each side they're giggling and I do sense a threat.
>one of them shoots a rubberband against my cheek, adrenaline spikes, but keep walking
>5 seconds later, see 4 BABOONS BUM RUSH ME FULL BLAST SCREAMING
>they start WINDMILLING punches left and right
>OLAWD.jpg
>im being hit from every direction.
>don't remember that much from karate, but still try to maintain a guard, probably look retarded
>get backed into a fence (fence ends up kind of saving me, rope a dope)
>lots of hits to the face, and arms, but few if any to the body
>could have been killed/stabbed/stomped easily, but didn't happen
>didn't waste any punches, found an opening and struck one of them in the face
>never got knocked down
>they RAN AWAY all at the same time
>entire exchange was TEN SECONDS

>sprint away with adrenaline paralysis and SPRAIN ANKLE
>now limping and in fear
>see bully nigs from my neighborhood, and they start shit, but see the fear of god in me, and lay off
>thank you god

I'm still shook about it. I got lucky. Got a tiny fracture in foot, got wrapped by a doc and healed fast.

tl;dr sometimes you get lucky. They probably could have ended me there, but when I hit that one kid, they all ran away. Sensei said don't get cornered. But being on the fence prevented a stomp out. And something made them run away. Either a lucky punch or an adult/cop?

Not doing Ameri-do-te the fuck wrong with you

MT + BJJ = God Tier

Seconded. Adding Judo is ideal but you usually get a little bit of that with BJJ anyways.

>they RAN AWAY all at the same time
>entire exchange lasted TEN SECONDS
was chad at home eating PIZZA?

This..

All other martial arts are bullshitfu

Fucking this. Before you actually could discuss more obscure sports (like Historical Medieval Battle, padded sword fighting or fucking Quiddich) as thread stayed alive for a week or so without replies. Now threads die within hours and the only threads that stay afloat are some mainstream MA threads, Hema-generals and occasional skating-generals.

At there were some decent threads about Battle of the Nations on /sp/ a couple weeks back.

This.

Waisted dubs. Try that grappling against two, or god forbid, more opponents. Get your shit pushed in. Also try that grappling on tarmac or concrete. Get your knees pushed in or crack your head or elbow. Striking is always more useful.

Try anything against multiple opponents and you'll get killed. Someone with a grappling background at least has a chance to get up when they drag you to the ground.

No one wants us. /tv/ thinks we belong in /sp/ and vice versa. But i'd agree, i'd classify wrestling more as /tv/

Oh yeah sure, you wrestle with one guy while the other is kicking you in the head. You'll get up fo' sho!
Striking martial arts will give you a better foot work useful for dodging or moving around opponents.

The alternative is you don't wrestle with anyone and you lay there as they kick you. Because no amount of footwork is going to keep three guys from taking you down.

Unless "footwork" means running away, which is the correct move agains multiple opponents.

/asp/ is all about shakespearean tragedy now. *sigh*

Running away backwards as to fight your opponents one at a time? Can work if you outclass them

grandma was making dinner for chad ;_;

>>Was a yellow belt hapkido karate

All your muai thai, bjj, judo are shit.
Freestyle wrestling is GOAT.

>Muay Thai
Literally the GOAT striking art, but not enough on it's own.

>BJJ
Great grappling, especially if you train your stand up.

>All martial arts are good
Nope. Try again.

>Jew Jitsu
No. I'd like to see anyone training krab mango poke a boxer or grappler in the eye.

>Multiple opponents
No martial art is effective against multiple opponents, if you're being told that what you're learning is, you're at a mcdojo. Learn Gun Kata.

Freestyle Wrestling is better than Judo and BJJ
Nope, they're all pretty much on the same level of effectiveness in a 1v1 fight.

3rd dan Judo here, been involved with it for nearly 30 years, best self defence is your 400m sprint time.

>Nope, they're all pretty much on the same level of effectiveness in a 1v1 fight.
Nope, there is no clothes (gi) in freestyle wrestling, so it's much more better than judo and bjj. And also it is olympic sport and that's another reason why it's better than bjj.

Judo is an olympic sport, BJJ has a massive nogi culture. Judo throws work from the clinch, as shown repeatedly in MMA.

What was your point?

What does BJJ offer that Judo doesn't?

Leglocks. It's a pretty big thing in ground grappling all honesty.

Pic not related.

I hit puberty at 12. And was wrecking all the students even the brown belts. I was like uhhh, I think I should be with adults, and the sensei was like "yeah no shit"

and yea hapkido is bullshit. I'm gonna take a meme martial art

judo is good but sambo is like a better version of judo. and if mma has proven anything it's that wrestling + bjj is the best foundation for fightan.

Can you learn muay Thai or any martial art at home?
No instructors where I live.

no

Is Aikido a meme?

yes

>oh I mix martial arts :^)

Martial arts otakus are the worst 2bh

>get taken down by attacker
>get stomped to death by attacker's friend while being punched or held down by attacker himself

Is gotta be the secret art of splitting atoms

Yeah because thats whats gonna happen

I love idiots like you. You literally have no idea what youre talking about all you know is

bjj = ground

This

Being a good striker who can keep distance and capable of throwing someone if they close that distance is going to be the best combination of skills, so boxing/muay thai and Judo.

youtube.com/watch?v=zof0WmcWwnk

This badass is using strictly boxing skills and BTFOs four dudes his own size or larger in a live fight. Obviously if he tried to fight them on the ground he would just get kicked to death.

Krav is fantasy bullshit, the whole "oh I could win, but I can't show you because it's so intense" is such bullshit. next time I need help murdering unarmed palestinian teenagers I'll give you a call

Boxing and Judo are the GOAT.

Judo has proved it's usefulness by being included in any relevant police training program for decades.

Boxing because good technique gives you a great base attack and defense.

The rest are memes. Muay Thai is "muh Hollywood action" tier. Don't bother unless you're actually Thai.

Krav Maga is more, how to wreck people who don't know how to fight. It's basically "go for the throat and the balls that's a guaranteed KO!"

It wouldn't survive a seasoned boxer.

>kicking and blocking kicks is a meme
okay bro

>not having a Palestinian teenager in your dojo to practice on
Get a load of this goy.

>Get a load of this goy.

You literally can't practice Krav Maga ever because it's "so deadly." You learn them and get to practice them only in a real-world situation.

>>kicking and blocking kicks is a meme

There's no skilled Muay Thai schools in north america. It's a meme.

JUdo is based, but honestly it needs wresting to fill out it's leg game, the whole never changing levels for a shot to the legs makes it super vulnerable to even the most high school of wresting

Anything that has you sparring at a live pace will put you at a big advantage in any confrontation

>There's no skilled Muay Thai schools in north america. It's a meme.
Go to Sityodtong and tell them that. I'm sure they'd be thrilled to debate it with you.

>You literally can't practice Krav Maga ever because it's "so deadly." You learn them and get to practice them only in a real-world situation.
THAT was a meme, you dip.

The leg thing is a relatively easy hole to patch up. Relatively few people are quick enough shoot on someone who's ever practiced sprawling.

Leg grabs are still taught in the vast majority of Judo schools as they're still a part of your grading syllabus.

Using them in randori is a school to school thing though.

You think Krav Maga can defeat a Boxer just cause Krav Maga teaches to fight dirty?

You think attacking a man's genitals is guaranteed to defeat all other Martial Arts?

Such delusion.

>reading comprehension
>you
I was making fun of krav maga