I get bad migraines after every set, it's so excruciatingly painful i have to stop

i get bad migraines after every set, it's so excruciatingly painful i have to stop

wtf is this

Other urls found in this thread:

relieve-migraine-headache.com/exercise-induced-headache.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valsalva_maneuver#Strength_training
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

relieve-migraine-headache.com/exercise-induced-headache.html

I know how you feel OP, I sometimes don't go to the gym just because I know I'll get them and it's more painful than any work-out could ever be on the muscles.

You probably have an aneurysm. Go get it checked out

Breathe more you dumbass

how long does it last after you finish

Very unlikely.

It's a vascular issue, dumbass.

Usually start one hours after I left the gym and last between 2 to 8 hours. It seems random but some exercises or some types of cardio are more likely to trigger it (100% chance of getting it if I do more than 20 minutes of elliptical bike).

i get it after a couple sets of bp/ibp, maybe it's a genetic thing i know i'm breathing properly i lift to failure pretty much

I have bad headaches during the workout, exspecially when im repping heavy weight.

When im home its mostly gone.

I notied it happens when im cold before or after the workout. When i arrive and leave warm and comfy, it doesnt happen.

probably a nerve getting fugged

Breath more

Drink way more

Start doing cardio

If none of these work, see a doctor

It's like nobody even read the thread

Breathing patterns nigga.

I use to get them on certain exercises, but mostly Lat pull downs because I was holding my breath.

lifting makes my headaches go away guess u got the short stick

I did, doesn't make my post any less relevant.

Does it get triggered when you have sex/jack off? If yes, it's an exertion headache which means the veins in your head are fucked up because of excessive exertion and you need to wait for like multiple weeks for it to heal before continuing to do any intense weight training or else it'll last for like a year.

Have you tried aspirin?

Exertion headache

Used to get them from oxy withdrawals, no other opiate.

Try more water, a little more sodium, caffeine, multi vitamins, and aspirin.

>fucking breathe
>drink water before you workout not during
>nutrition
>sleep

etc

Last time I did dips my head felt like it was gonna burst. I made sure I was breathing properly but it just got worse and worse. Ended up with a headache that lasted over a week. Was shit. Too scared to do them again.

Yo. I went to a neurologist about exactly this.
They said take aspirin before I gym. Simple as that.
No side effects and it has worked every time. I take 2 dissolved aspirin pills every day.

you are not breathing

You know you're not actually supposed to crush you skull when doing skullcrushers, right user?

You're not breathing. Fucking FOCUS on breathing.

Breath in during the negative part, and breath out during the positive.

Drinking enough water?

Don't do this, you'll lose all tightness if you breath out during the lift, which could lead to a far more perilous back issue. Breath in between each rep. Also make sure you keep your neck in a neutral position as overextension can cut of blood flow to the head. You're getting something called "exertion headaches."

Guys, just stop with the breathing meme. It has nothing to do with any type of migraines, including exercise-induced migraines.

This has nothing to do with breathing or water. It's about neurotransmitter depletion and serotonin sensitivity. Endorphins from exertion and a change in basal temperature along with blood sugar changes etc throw your brain chems out the window.

Migraines are the gayest. I'd rather have dick cancer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valsalva_maneuver#Strength_training
> The Valsalva maneuver is commonly believed to be the optimal breathing pattern for producing maximal force and is frequently used in powerlifting to stabilize the trunk during exercises such as the squat, deadlift, and bench press, and in both lifts of Olympic weightlifting.

Yeah listen to this guy, not professional lifters.

Yes but we aren't even sure it's migrain, as far as I have read he hasn't been to a doctor for it. So I think he just gets a headache from dehydration and a lack of cardio, and then he just calls it a migrain.

You're not exhaling properly. You have to give yourself a week off and start breathing properly or they won't go away.

Are you stupid?
Do you even know what is Valsava Manuveur?

You've got to be trolling, at this point.

Check sinuses OP. I used to get sinus induced migraines (and I mean killer mother fuckers that made me want to shoot myself to end the misery). Exercise, especially cardio, would exacerbate the issue a few hours after a session.
Go to a doctor or sinus institute brah. It's not a guarantee but I had a sinoplasty and I haven't had a migraine since.

>not doing real skullcrushers so you break coconut's with your head
>making it

For reals? My nose is broken to shit and I wonder if that's part of my deal. Thanks brah good heads up!

I'll start doing cardio, I walk home from uni everyday so I figured that was sufficient cardio especially Since I'm bulking

Classic over training sign. I had it for the first time in 11th grade and it was fucking hell. I took a week off after being too stubborn to stop (cant stop me from going to the gym MOTHER FUCKKAAAA) and it stopped. Take a week off champ