>23% bodyfat
>broke my ankle
>fml.jpg
>want to lose fat before I head back to the gym

Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do what you can, I lifted 4 days after ankle surgery. Mostly machines, but if I had assistance I could do bench press. I went light on legs and usually added extra padding, did things like leg extensions, leg presses, and the vagina machine as well as glute raises. I did these things not really to build a lot of muscle, just to prevent my legs from atrophying.

you can still do some upper body lifts while you have a broken ankle, my dude. Just make sure you have it properly supported (not bearing any load) and do some bench (or floor) press, seated overhead press, curls, tricep stuff, lat pulldown, whatever you like provided it doesn't put strain on your leg. you can cut bf% while you do that, just stay in the 8-12 rep range and start off easy for awhile.

you can catch up on lower body stuff once your ankle is good and healed (you're gonna want to rehab it for a few weeks (months? ask the doc) after the cast is off before you do any serious lifting)

By leg presses I meant leg curls. I didn't do leg presses for a month or two after.

I absolutely won't be able to do any sort of workouts with a cast on my leg. I was hoping for some dietary advice to cut some fat. Got any?

>I absolutely won't be able to do any sort of workout with a cast on my leg

You'll never make it. I did my workout with a plaster cast that went to my knee, a couple days after surgery. You'll likely have a walking boot. Check with your doctor/surgeon he'll likely say you can but don't have the ankle bearing any loads.

Eat less.

My doc told me I shouldn't be working out

How bad was your ankle? Pictures? I had total fracture of the fibula and a displacement in my ankle that required a plate and pins. My surgeon told me to go easy but I could start working out but just avoid bearing any loads with the ankle for a few months.

damn, are you me?
the most important thing is to recover
don't be impatient, this will take time
listen to everything the doctor says and obey religiously
ask him EVERY single doubt
in the meantime, don't force yourself too much in your ''workouts'' and watch your diet

I would have asked him more questions. Should you be doing squats, fuck no, should you be sitting on your ass for 6-8 weeks, fuck no. Are you telling me your ankle could be effected by you grabbing a 20lb dumbbell and doing curls?

Broken ankle means you have to browsplit now. All Chest, no legs.

Tibial Fracture and dislocation

I'd be really careful and go really light, but you could do really leg extensions and curls with extra padding as long as no weight is put on the ankle.

That sounds bad, but I'd ask him if you could do upper body stuff once you get your walking boot.

Definitely not. I just am not willing to inconviniently go to the gym just to do a limited number of workouts

I'm not going to make it: the post

What are you going to sit around and mope and post in 4chin all day?

The boredom alone made me look forward to going to the gym everyday when I rekt my ankle.

No I'm not going to sit around and moan and post in 4chin all day. I'm going to make some dietary changes to cut as much as I can till I can lift again. That's the help that I was seeking in the first place

Eat less. If you're sitting on your ass all day like some beta little faggot you won't be burning much in terms of calories.

You can do Keto, it minimizes the loss of muscle and boosts fatloss.

ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/

No shit Sherlock

If you were dead set against lifting while your whittle ankle was owey because you're a little bitch and you knew you should eat less than why bother posting for advice? It's no different from if you weren't injured and you were looking to lose weight, calculate your caloric needs (a sedentary beta faggot) and eat accordingly, a billion different calorie counters exist today that will help you.

DNP

I'm still a noob when it comes to lifting and I can do better than "eat less". Why are you commenting here like you can offer some help while you clearly can't? And to compensate for that, now you've stooped to 3rd grade level insults

How bad was the fracture (compound)? Did it require surgery? What timeline did the doctor give you? Are you in a plaster cast or walking boot?

Thanks. Will consider it

speaking of ankles

my ankles always crackle when i walk, like small snaps similar to when you crack your knuckles, It's a really loud sound too.

what the fuck is wrong with me

Because I literally had a worse ankle fracture (compound, surgery, plates and pins) and am telling you what worked for me when that happened. I'm tryi to help you. I lost weight and maintained a lot of my muscle while recovering. I can post pics of my injury and recovery if you want.

Closed fracture, plaster cast, doc said two months of bed-rest

No surgery

I doubt he said bed rest. I would ask him more questions about it.

Exact words that came out of his mouth

When you get your walk boot in a couple weeks I'd ask your doc if you can start doing upper body workouts on machines.

I'm not being butthurt but calling me a beta bitch just because I'm rather opting to cut than lift heavy weight cause it's more convenient for me at the moment doesn't really count as help. I'm gonna take the high road and apologize if I've offended you and agree to disagree

Who said heavy weight? You could fast and lose weight, you'll look like a skelly holocaust survivor but it'll work. If you want to maintain and or improve your body composition and lose weight, than you'll have to lift in some limited capacity. There is no magical formula to maintain/increase muscle and lose weight while not lifting outside of injecting testosterone, I have strong doubts about keto doing what the above poster said. You can lose weight on keto but the maintaining muscle part I doubt on keto alone with no lifting involved.

Not concerned with increasing but would like to maintain as much as possible while cutting. Would I lose a lot of muscle mass if I'm sedentary for two months?

Also it would be of great help if you could provide some tips on maintaining muscle mass while cutting in regards to diet

Obviously yes. It would be easy enough to regain if you've had muscle before because of muscle memory. Doesn't it bug you being sedentary? I was bored as fuck when I rekt my ankle,I would literally crawl on my hands and knees to the gym if I had to.

Lift, reduce caloric intake slightly below maintanence levels (500 cals below maintenance seems to be a good level that doesn't cause you to lose a bunch of energy) while getting proper rest. There is no diet magical secret, who ever tells you there is, is a scamming piece of shit or a delusional bro scientist. You could supplement but supplements have there downfall also (ephedrine, caffeine, dnp all help weightloss but do carry side effects which could be detrimental to muscle mass)

It's been 3 days and I'm bored as fuck already but I'm in a condition where locomotion feels like going through hell and I don't think it would in the best of my interests to lift weights. Cause if I could, I would. I was starting to get addicted

Give yourself about a week if you just did it. I was fine after a couple days. For me it was torture sitting around. The mental anguish of feeling my muscles atrophy (maybe inside my head) was far worse than any pain my body felt in moving.

Thanks

How long after the fracture did you start lifting again?

Don't listen to these retards about going to the gym with a broken ankle, you'd be risking permanently injuring yourself and for what? Forget these internet tryhard dumbasses, they're never going to make it

I am opting to wait untill I heal completely

From what I remember it wasn't long. It was 4-5 days, than after my surgery another 4 days. I went extremely light the first week or so. I just wanted to do something even if it was a few light machine presses and some light machine rows. I gradually got more comfortable maneuvering with the cast and crutches which seemed like the biggest impediment rather than the injury itself.

This pussy^. You risk permanently injuring yourself stepping outside or getting in your car. There are precautions you can take to reduce that risk, you faggot.

No one is saying "GET BACK IN THE GYM AND SQUAT HEAVY NAO YOU FAGGOT!" but there is literally no reason op can't be doing the same type of workouts I see 80 year women recovering from hip surgery doing.

You might feel differently once you get your walking boot. I felt seriously impeded with the plaster cast because I was worried about breaking the cast.

Had ankle band reconstruction 3 weeks ago, cast came off yesterday. Spent 2 hours in the gym today.

>tfw you see your calf for the first time after the cast comes off
>5 cm lost in 3 weeks
>laughinggirls.jpg

Talk about it with your surgeon. I worked out at home with the cast on every day, just be careful to not fill the thing up with sweat. It stinks.

You risk prolapsing your anus every time you take a shit, does that mean you should avoid shitting and only ingest liquids?