Charlemagne was the greatest king of all time

Charlemagne was the greatest king of all time

Is that the guy made out of gold!?!?

Indeed, gold is a very valuable commodity.

Yes pure gold.

You mean illiterate old man who likes Byzantine churches?

HE

WAS

TURNED TO GOLD

IN THE GREAT

LANDS OF THE OLD

What was his tax policy?

t. charle >magne

Every Kang out of gold

How can a king be great their existence is a cancer

His grandpa was better

He didn't exist

>conquers Europe
>dies
>LOL Divide it up to my sons
>creates everlasting feud between French and Germans

cyrus the great
augustus
alfred the great
justinian I

The greatest king is Christ the King

Fuck you nigger it's not like they had education programs or literacy outside of the church and maybe a few other professions back in the dark ages.

That's not Alexander. You didn't even spell his name right.

>short reign
>god-complex
>his generals kill his half-breed son and carve up the empire

Great commander, awful Emperor.

He's extremely underrated due to leftist propaganda.

kek

>Literally called "Alexander the Great"
>Not greater than "Charles the Mayne"

>he divided the land among his sons
TOP KEK

>due to leftist propaganda.
The fuck are you on faggot? Leftists Glorify Genghis Khan all the time.

Charlemagne didn't exist

yet.

Don't forget that during his time the great Turkish warlord Krim managed to conquer the Bulgarians and kill the Byzantines emperor Nikephoros

Charlemange only had one son. It was his son that divided the empire among his 3 sons

>"Charles the Mayne"
That IS a joke right?

The best German ruler by far

The only people I see praising good old Temujin in regular (i.e. non-Veeky Forums) parlance are on the sociocultural left. Of course, the only reason they praise him is to make a point about Eurocentrism ignoring him, and they don't seem to actually know anything about his rise to power or how he governed or anything.

They're pretty much just limited to "here's a guy who was important and NOT European, how does THAT feel you colonial hegemonic white man :^)"

Of course. Everybody knows Charlemagne was a French ruler because his name is French. This means we have to do a little work because his name doesn't translate quite that easily to English. We have to break the name down a little to get his true English name.

Charlemagne is really three words crammed together: Char le magne. "Le" is by far the easiest to translate (thanks, le Reddit!) so we know that a literal translation works out to "X the Y". Char is more recently the French word for "Tank," but that wouldn't make sense in the historical context because tanks wouldn't be invented until at least twenty years after his death when the Germans got jealous of France for having such a cool national founder. Fortunately, chariots had been invented by the time of Char le Magne so it's probably that until we find his grilling room at Aachen.

So far we've got "Chariot the Y." Magne looks a little tougher but it's really quite easy. Because it's French, the "gn" diphthong is made as a "ng" sound would be in English. This is good for us as we can now safely rearrange those letters into something that makes sense: Mange.

So now we've got Chariot the Mange as the true, English name of Charlemagne. But a literal translation doesn't quite work. Because success breeds jealousy, the French spent most of the Middle Ages changing their language around just to be different from the most widespread of all languages, English. Conjugation, sentence structure, and conjugals are all a mess which gives us license to clean up the sentence a little for a better flow. Hence, Charlemagne, or Chariot the Mange, is rendered a little more aesthetically as Mangy Chariot.

Still less great of a name than Alexander the Great.

>conquers Christendom
>attempts to centralize it
>fails because European society cannot support a centralized bureaucracy during that time period
Good conqueror, poor adminstrator.

WRONG

>be one of the most influential Europeans of all time
>sit on the most uncomfortable throne ever

DidnĀ“t you learn anything from GOT?

Hi

his son divided the empire

>Justinian I

>augustus
> king
Shut up you ding dong diddly brainlet

>faith in humanity is restored

It's not my fault you remain in a history-normalfag environment where eurocentrism is even a topic. And you're sorely mistaken about the typical vindicator of the rights of Khan.

where's my nigga Saladin
(I know he's not a king but still)