I want to save money

So I am buying a half rack instead of a power rack
Any advice?

try saving more. its worth alot buy power rack. for safety

hook up half rack to ceiling it will be fine

Build one

Yeah, save up and buy a power rack.

Joking aside, a half-rack should be just as safe if you use it correctly.

Half rack is what i have, should be fine. Safety isnt an issue unless you lift like some kind of a jackass, and even then a full rack isnt moron-proof. Also, how do you do OHP in a full rack if youre not a manlet?

It doesn't matter so long as you have safety arms on both.

I went with a half rack over a full rack. I have a power-tower next to it for doing chins/dips on.

Pic related is my half-rack.

how much does that cost?

A lot

lol no

Im in australia and paid $550 for the rack SM-1 + $250 for the safety rails.

im assuming if ur in the US it'll be much cheaper

I put my rack holders outside the rack.

i am

Is it safe to do rack pulls on that?

yes, it's not a shitty chinese build rack.

ive dropped 180kg onto the safety rails from a standing position and they catch it. I think its rated to catch 450kg.

I own a fullrack and if I were to buy again I would get a halfrack and boil it to the wall.

It's annoying as fuck the bar unloading from squats or bench to get the bar out and load again to do ohp or DL.

Lifting since 5 years. I found half racks always more comfy than full racks.

Was never Benchpressing on them though.

Don't even see the advantage of a full rack. It takes more place and bar handling is more annoying.

i bench press in my half rack.

the safety arms still act as a spotter. i bench way heavier at home in my half rack than i ever did at the gym in a normal bench press without any spotter arms.

question for ya. my gym has half racks that i bench in. the safety arms even at their lowest point block the bar from touching my chest. all of the benches are the same height, too, so the only thing i can think of doing is placing the bench on plates. any other thoughts or suggestions?

i dont know.

my half rack has holes throughout the entire rack even right down to the bottom, find another rack?

nope, My gym has 3 and i'm constantly using one. They're great!

>rack pulls

what a fucking meme
JUST DEADLIFT YOU PUSSY

get the half rack