Ok Veeky Forums I know you guys will hate mme for this...

Ok Veeky Forums I know you guys will hate mme for this, but I really need advice and don't have friends who take lifting seriously.

>Be 20 yr old
>5'6'' skiny fat manlet
>Get in Veeky Forums while browsing the chans
>See how many people take their health and body so serious and decide to change my lifestyle
>Join a gym and go 5 times a week with loser friend
>DYELsquad. jpg
>Six months of bro workouts and not much has changed.
>Read sticky
>Start doing SS
>Strength gains through the roof
4 months in and get shoulder injury because of shitty form
>Do physiotherapy for 2 months and slowly get back to where I was
>Learn lots about form and muscle activation.
>Move out and join a different gym
>Two more months and fully recovered

I'm 64kg now and my lifts are getting stale:
BP: 60kg
Squat: 85kg
DL: 90 kg

I don't know if I should continue with strength training or if I should move on to an intermediate routine (Maybe furious five upper/lower). I really need advice, please fit, tell me what would you guys do??

>take steroids faggot

When progress stalls on Starting Strength you're supposed to move on to an intermediate program. That's literally how it's meant to be done. There are a bunch of good suggestions in the sticky.

Welp, I was expecting shitposting, but not this early

Fpbp, blast and cruise 1g tren ace/wk with 500mg test-e a wk and enough orals to shit your liver out. Guaranteed strength gains senpai

Thing is, I don't know if I'm strong enough to move to an intermediate program yet.

Don't forget to cut hard on 1g p/day of DNP

I read the sticky, I just don't know if my strength is enough to move on

If you're stalling you're stalling. Short of changing whatever is causing you to stall (which may or may not be practical/possible) your options are keep stalling on SS or take a crack at something else.

If you're not stalling, then there isn't much of a question here.

Liar, if you had read the sticky and doing everything it said and still stalking then you'd know it was time to move on to another routine.

You should only be SS for 6 months to a year tops.

Linear strength gains don't stop until around intermediate strength stats. That's the whole point of the intermediate programs.

Let's bet you did a brosplit after 3 months of training.

Maybe I'm just insecure as fuck and want somebody telling me that I should move on or that I'm a weak ass pussy who needs to continue with strength training. I don't care, as long as I have someone who understands about fitness teeling me so.

bro, your lifts are barely above most people starting points.

you should fix your diet then once you pretty much double those lifting stats, then you can think about moving on.

I'll say again: When progress stalls on Starting Strength you're supposed to move on to an intermediate program. That's literally how it's meant to be done. There are a bunch of good suggestions in the sticky.

This. All these fucking retards suggesting you move on from SS.

strengthstandards.co
I entered your stats, everything except the squat was in the 'untrained' category. The squat was a bees dick above untrained.

Shut the ever loving fuck up. Progress isn't stalling because of progressive overload training failing him, it's because he's fucking around and hasn't been following the program, and hurt himself.

Ayyyy lmao

You are posting on a Mongolian spear fishing enthusiast forum. No one here understands fitness.

The stats above are for a 5x5 workout, not 1RM

Oh, ok. It's still bad though for SS.
This is why you're stalling. 5x5 isn't 5 lots of your working sets.
It's 2 warmups, 3 sets of your GENUINE 5 rep max.

Basically you're doing a lower weight than you can manage because you have been saving your energy to do the extra 2 sets. You can't keep pushing your limits forward if you're getting fatigued by the volume of exercise rather than the weights.

You may be right, but honestly you don't know him. He's a tiny fucking guy. Those stats may very well be the end of linear progression for him, especially if he doesn't have access to micro-loading. At that height and bodyweight, if he tried to eat his way through the plateau then he's going to get fat as shit.

He's 5'6 and 65kg. Do you really expect him to be benching double bodyweight by the time he's done with linear progression?

64kg

You need to eat skelly bro. 65kg is just tiny.

Not so much, given his height.

Tiny in weight and height, poor user.

5x5 is not SS.
Another one who didn't read the book and failed, that's something new

No, we expect him to bench a lot more and weigh a lot more, because that is how it's done