My heart goes nuts when I lift, especially when doing big muscle groups. After I finish a few sets...

My heart goes nuts when I lift, especially when doing big muscle groups. After I finish a few sets, it takes my heart at least 5 minutes to calm back down. By the time I finish squats and deadlifts, I feel like I'm gonna pass out.

Is this healthy?
Should I do cardio to train my heart so I can lift more?

you should see a fucking cardiologist, stupid.

worried about your heart and you come to Veeky Forums? really?

I won't be able to answer your question either way, but out of curiosity, can we have some details? Resting heart rate, blood pressure, height, weight, strength, etc.

woah relax bro I thought it might be normal

CARDIO
A
R
D
I
O

height: 5'11''
weight: 135 lbs
resting heart rate: 100~ BPM (yes I know that's terrible)
squat: 135 lbs
deadlift: 145 lbs

idk about my blood preassure

you're pretty damn relaxed for someone who might or might not have some shit going on with his FUCKING HEART.

btw yeah, your resting rate is pretty high, are you a smoker?

Eat more.

>height: 5'11''
>weight: 135 lbs
>resting heart rate: 100~ BPM (yes I know that's terrible)
>squat: 135 lbs
>deadlift: 145 lbs
>idk about my blood preassure

This can't be real, i'm your height and maybe 8% at 195 and my R HR is 55 at 5 oclock in the afternoon after about 12 cups of coffee.

Something is bad wrong with you.

You're a literal skelenton m8

me again, i run twice a week, intervals or 2 mi. my 2 mi is low 13 minutes.

like 80% or more of people have resting heart rates over 60-70. 55 is beyond great, I highly doubt its 55 after lots of coffee though

It's normal for leg lifts. Tho I'm not an expert, so see a doctor if you think there's something wrong.

no I don't smoke

yeah I know

thanks bro, it is about time for a checkup anyway so I'll ask the doc next time

sounds like you have tachycardia

i would go see a cardiologist, get an EKG done and a blood test to verify that it's nothing more serious as an underlying cause

and yes absolutely do cardio, you might want to do a stress test EKG as well

i used to have bad anxiety with similar heart rate jumps so i had an EKG and blood test done to calm my nerves about the underlying cause

>my R HR is 55 at 5 oclock in the afternoon after about 12 cups of coffee

i find that hard to believe, i knew a marathon runner who would run ~60 miles a week and still had his heart rate jump to 75 after 2 large cups of coffee

Go see your GP first, not a cardiologist. And normal BPM is 60-89, so 100 without any physical activity is really not okay. Source - medicine student.

Jesus christ, go see a doctor. It should be less than 65 bpm.

>sounds like you have tachycardia
I may have that, but I'm also just extremely inactive. I'm sedentary at my computer about 12 hours a day. The only activity I get is lifting 3 times a week for the past month

thank mr skeltal

Don't pull numbers out of your ass. Normal resting heart rate is 60-89 BPM, though it can go a bit lower if you're a trained athlete.

Two capsules Omega 3-6-9 a day
Lift more often
Eat cleaner
Cardio

Don't go to a medial jew before trying this first.

thanks for the tips but I'll probably just go to the doctor anyway

plus 3 times a week is pretty frequent already isn't it?

Wait a second. Do I smell the usual Veeky Forums medical bullshit here?

His RHR might be a little high but we're missing the main question here -

Yes, it is normal for your heart rate to rocket when you're doing heavy shit, especially stuff like squats which uses almost you're entire body.

Think about it - a set of 5-10 squats is like running up a staircase with a fully grown man on your back.You'd have to be insanely fit not to get out of breath and have your heart racing.

That's why people recommend proper rest times between sets, especially when you get to "real" weight. People who say otherwise are half-repping or simply just not pushing themselves.

When you get to lifting really heavy, it's not unusual to feel faint or even pass out/throw up after a set. Not the norm, and probably a sign your should take it easy, but certainly not the sign of a dangerous heart condition.

TL;DR - It's normal, but go to a doctor just to be sure. An EKG takes 5 minutes and rules out 99% of potentially fatal heart conditions.

I don't care how instense your workouts are, a resting rate of 100 definetly requires a visit to the doc.