Why aren't we genetically attracted to morbid obesity?

Evolutionarily speaking of course.

2000 years ago and beyond you would have to be in an extremely wealthy or privileged position in order to be that fat.

That being said, that's not nearly enough for our brains to rewire themselves to what is genetically attractive.

So I guess my question is, why didn't obesity become inherently attractive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MQne7hYNvR4
calorielab.com/news/2015/10/05/why-are-thin-people-considered-more-attractive-than-fat-people/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_pheromone
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/evolutionarily
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because we're not attracted to fat, we're attracted to healthy. fat was more of a status symbol, not a sign of attractiveness. obesity is subconsciously recognized as unhealthy.

i love fucking fat women, so soft, feels like im fucking a bed

probably because obesity in the past was a sign of malnutrition diseases

>malnutrition
>obese

because that shit is ugly yo
also nice trips

>malnutrition
>obese

In America, that's like half the population

You're not supposed to be attracted to anything too freaky, because that would be a sign of illness/mutation/etc.

Men still are attracted to women with full hips that are somewhat chubby. But when a person is obese, your brain is seeing it as something *too* freaky and understand's you probably should not mate with that person.

Unless you have a fetish.

Because the obese we see today was still a rare thing, true the wealthy could be fat, but most weren't the size of mini coopers like today

you can absolutely be malnourished and obese
they're not eating real fucking food how else did they get that massive?

I remember reading about this. Obesity can resemble bloating in our primitive instinctive mind and bloating was a common sign of some common serious afflictions in early human history.

>what is empty calories

Back in the hunter-gatherer days, fat people would have been a drain on resources, because they'd eat more, and pretty useless, because they couldn't hunt or gather as well as others, and dangerous, because they wouldn't have been able to run away from predators. In those days, a tribe was as often only as strong as its weakest member. We evolved to recognise obesity as something to be disgusted by, and sexual selection made sure we don't want to breed with fat people, because it would increase the chances of our offspring being fat as well.
Millions or at least hundreds of thousands of years of evolution aren't going to be overwritten by recent concepts like wealth or abundance.

back in hunter gatherer days there was no surplus of food. Men ate only in proportion to what they contributed to the hunt and any excess was given to the women who were constantly breeding.
In fact just look at this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=MQne7hYNvR4

>bro science
Women didn't hunt you autist

Reading comprehension 3/10, user.
They did gather, which involved shit like crouching down to dig up roots and pick up mushrooms. Morbidly obese women aren't particularly great at stuff like that.

>because they couldn't hunt or gather as well as others

wew laddie

Yes, I was talking about people in general, not women specifically. Did you finish high school?

I had enough education to know that you're autistic bro scientist

Not an argument.

cool story bro

That's not me

>post hoc rationalizations everywhere

evolutionary psychology in a nutshell

/thread

An individual being (all types of animals, including humans) always tries to improve his "reproduction" fitness.
Fat people arenĀ“t good natural partners, because they are more likely too get ill or waste the lifes of their children because they show them their way of life.

I have that gene. Argument invalid.

Well yeah, when you're talking about gradual processes that occurred over the course of millions of years before the present time, post hoc is kind of the name of the game.
A plausible hypothesis is better than no explanation at all.

The fatty hips seen in women and the above image could be sexual selection for energy storage. Our butts are remarkable things.

There is old art that depicts women with curves in admiration.

The simplest explanation is this: thin people look younger. Fat people look older. Youth is associated with fertility, and thus, so is being thin. Physical traits that are associated with fertility are considered attractive.

calorielab.com/news/2015/10/05/why-are-thin-people-considered-more-attractive-than-fat-people/

You can't procreate with the morbidly obese. Even if you manage to get one pregnant, it'll never know it and the baby will just die and fester in the womb

is that pic real

I don't know if it's a gene or a fetish in me.

Possibly. Speaking from multiple sources here that hip width does exist in the SSBBW class.

People didnt start getting this fat till humans started living in relativly advanced society(huts some farming etc) at that point evolution doesnt sort out people as effective as it used nor does spreading your seed since you would be dealt with if you did that so there is no way for us to quickly adapt that being said alot of people do like a little chub (the kind that will help you survive a winter not the kind that will stop you running away from bears and shit)

thats my theory anyhow

So you're telling me if they ate a shit load of whatever you arbitrarily call "good" foods they wouldn't be massive?

Imagine that poor mans disapointment if he ever went to walmart

No, but if you eat nothing but mickey D's you're probably super dehydrated and deficient in a lot of essential vitamins and shit

Because it's disgusting at every level.

>evolutinarily
nigga what?

>genetically attracted
nigga what?

do you know what the FUCK you're talking about?
This is NO WAY related to genetics or evolution.

This is a matter of PREFERENCE and EVERYONE is DIFFERENT.

Are you STUPID?
I think YOU ARE because EVOLUTIONARILY ISNT A FUCKIN WORD AND YOU'RE TRYING TO SOUND SMART

Everyone talking about ancestors and genetic dna mapping like we are imprinted.

We see fat people in todays society as lazy, gross, sickly and unattractive based on television and social media. Trust me that television and internet that shoves things down your throat and deeply steers your mind.

If we where to go of evolution then:
>we would be blood thirsty
>loved smashing hairy bitches
>primal

No one was that fat thousands of years ago. We are not attracted to them same reason we are not attracted to sea cows: our brains have evolved to expect a human to not look like that. That's why morbidly obese men and women both look horrible

Women who are just overweight we are not attracted to because they look like they're already pregnant. That's why guys can get away with the "dad body" while women can not.

This. Basically, fat being good is a social construct.

You are citing your "plausible hypothesis" as "proof" though.

Probably because being morbidly obese makes you a useless fuck that can't contribute to the survival of the family/offspring/tribe and is a net negative as you consume more resources than produce.

That doesn't equate to evolutionary success in a harsh world where a morbidly obese person would be the first to die.

All life is programmed to be attracted to evolutionarily successful traits therefore we find morbid obesity unattractive.

I reject the premise that sexual attraction is rational. We're attracted to certain ques in apperance and behavior, not abstract concepts like healthiness. Acne is unattractive because we on a primal level associate pustules with disease. The fact that we know Acne is harmless does not override this.
You can't use rationalisation to explain something not fundamentally rational. Aversion to obese people can not be an evolutionary artifact; because an immunity to obesity would have evolved so much faster. Our genes do not recognize obesity as unhealthy, that's why we're allowed to overeat in the first place.

Obesity is not attractive because it's looks too different from what our brains are programmed to expect a human to look like. All animals are programmed to only recognize members of the same species as attractive. Obese people, and hideously deformed people diverge too much from our expectations, and are therefore seen as outsiders.

That is adorable. He's not even average American weight.

Because you don't understand how evolution works.

>genetically attracted
>nigga what?
Pheromone dissemination and conduction
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_pheromone

>evolutinarily
>nigga what?
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/evolutionarily

Woof!
You sure are fucking dumb
Read a BOOK nigger!

>I reject the premise that sexual attraction is rational.
So you can keep trying to convince yourself that fucking "MUH HAES" will make the insecurity go away? Try again tubbs.

>Obesity is not attractive because it's looks too different from what our brains are programmed to expect a human to look like.
Absolutely Incorrect. Obesity is NOT attractive because excess cellulose accumulation significantly inhibits brain protein synthesis.
In layman's terms: It makes cunts dumb as fuck. And that, my friend.. IS passed on through reproduction.

How fucking stupid are you?

However a good point is raised by >back in hunter gatherer days there was no surplus of food. Men ate only in proportion to what they contributed to the hunt and any excess was given to the women who were constantly breeding.
Which is why females are proportionally smaller with inferior muscle mass (muscle burns energy quicker); their only true use was the propagation of the species and raising of infants to young adults. There wasnt enough food to have equally sized genders, so natural selection took over and specialized gender roles: males because larger and stronger, and women became smaller and more capable at holding on to surplus of energy reserves (estrogen = fat storage). Which is why a thicker woman is seen as sexier (high test). However there was likely no such thing as morbid obesity in those days, you simply cannot eat enough to be obese and survive in a wild enviroment.
Even when we changed over to our farmer/settler phaise we still did work, in which women were more and more apart of due to less of a need to be cunning (a trait all hunter/predatory animals share). And moreso to do similar repedative tasks; something women had evolved to be excilent at (consistancy is key to properly raising offspring).
Men and women arent equal biologically.