Why aren't you benching 2pl8s ?

why aren't you benching 2pl8s ?

Not a deload week.

Because I'm only benching 1pl8

homeboy

Just started lifting seriously about 3 months ago, been skelly my whole life so I'm starting from the ground up
Plus I'm 6'4" and do full rom so that's a lot of distance to push

This tbqh

>lift for 5 months
>barely hit and maintain 1plate sind i started cutting 2 months ago
>NEVER seen anyone bench 2plate
>its considered "beginner" status here
hmmm
what could it possibly mean

That most people don't take lifting serious? Go to any powerlifting/oly gym and it will be a completely different story.

flat barbell bench press is a meme

I'm 152 pounds and struggling to bench 1plate for reps. Is this normal? Having such a hard time progressing -.-

Did 92.5kg for 5x5 yesterday. I'll be at lmao2pl8 5x5 in a couple weeks

>doing benchpress
Embarassing

First post best post

Height, weight, age?

I'm bench pressing 1pl8 after two months, 1.83 86 kg 23 yo

that you are a weak as shit faggot

>lift for 5 months

kinda saves you

>tfw no black fuzzy hair gf

2 months in all hard cutting got muh 70 3x5 worksets already

i'll hit that 2plate before the year is out famalam

CUZ I CANT, OK!? I JUST CANT!

I wish it was so. If you and Mehdi were correct and I'd stuck with SL, I'd have been shitting all over Spoto's world record for 5x5 about now.

It's never implied the rate of progression lasts forever.
And you know, people are different. Just because your genes are shit and you stalled on 1pl8 doesn't mean everyone will.

I do bench 2pl8s. But only for a 3x5.
>lesadfrog

fpbp

You literally think 2pl8 isnt a beginner bench?

he also thinks everyone in here is lying

Because I don't bench anymore. Benching is for dudebros, fat powerlifter and gay bodybuilders.

so what are you? ;o

a crossfitter and runner

I use dumbells instead of a bar. Bar benching feels like I'm pushing with my shoulders instead of squeezing with my chest

so a cardiofag

>The bench press is a chest exercisw

Are you me? Same height and same bench. Literally no one I see at my gym uses full rom, especially on incline bench, and it's still rare to see anyone going over 2pl8s.

Just stick with it man, consistency

So you're a faggot. I had my suspicions.

b-but i can get it for a single. im only 160 lbs. can i be part of the club yet?????

70kg 3x5 here. Lifting inconsistently for around 7 months. The only people I see bench 2pl8 are fat guys or guys who have clearly been lifting for a long time. Don't believe/fit/ memes.

>hurt my tendon doing bench
>can't do more than 1pl8

If you have any interest in barbell benching, I'd recommend you pick up a Slingshot and a light resistance band.
I found it pretty much impossible to bench in a way that hurt my shoulders with a Slingshot, and once you get the form down with that, you will find it easier to bench properly without one too.

He's implying you're all fat fucks. I'll add: dumb fucks.

225 is a lot of weight to bench with good form and full ROM for anyone not used to pushing that much just to get out of bed every morning. It's by no means beginner weight.

underrated
>I had my suspicions
laughed way harder than I should've

found the triggered weakfag with shit genes

>chat shit
>got banged

You seem upset. Relax. I'm sure your obesity is genetic ;^)

WHODISIZ

Do you call everyone with better genetic makeup fat to cope with your inferiority?

Because exercising feels bad and sucks

not too serious about diet, bad genetics, maybe not efficient form
but im still getting better and actually am pretty close

It's not beginner, but nothing impressive either. Just kind of out of dyel if you weigh less than 90 kilos.

>225 is a lot of weight to bench with good form and full ROM for anyone not used to pushing that much just to get out of bed every morning
You faggots will hate on anything. Do you have even the faintest idea how fucking long it took me to weave a lead chainmail blanket you fucking bitter cunt I fucking swear I'll sock you in the gabber you cheeky fucking bag of of cunt.

>Bench 2 plate
>Shoulder joints literally explode
>Try dumbbells 45kg x12
>No pain whatsoever
I showed my friends (powerlifters) my form and they said it was fine, I have very bad bone genetics I think. I've had back issues since I was 17. Don't want to injure myself so I just do dumbbells.

literally bench 2pl8x8 and i'm a fuckboy dyel by Veeky Forums standards

Your health is more important than some silly number. Do whatever works for you and don't feel bad about it.

It's not a contest, for me. I know a lot of guys lift heavier than me right now and I'm not fussed about it. I'm not an ego lifter.

"Better genetic makeup" is a funny way to say "I literally can't stop eating whoppers and exert my own gravitational pull." Make peace with your sorry excuse for a body and stop hating. You'll make it eventually.

This may surprise you, but not everybody on Veeky Forums is preoccupied with impressing other people, especially with e-stats.

45kg x 12 is pretty damn impressive imo

addendum: I'm impressed by anyone and everyone who can lift more than me. That's how you should be.

where does the assumption that I'm fat come from? do you think being fat gives people strength?

>do you think people that move more weight are bigger than people who move less weight?

Yes. You haven't denied it either. It's okay that you're a lard. Don't be so defensive, but don't act superior either.

Because I don't warmup.

so according to you, fat moves weight?

because I only have one arm

Just admit it. Embrace the fat.

Fat is heavy. Moving heavy weight requires strength. Why do you think hamplanets have such a high starting squat?

I know you know all this. You're just being purposely evasive and dense because it bothers you that somebody on the internet read you like a book. You'll get over it in time, but this damage control won't help.

People who think a 2 plate bench is godlike or difficult to achieve are usually doing one of two things, but sometimes both: They're not eating enough and are skeletons or they don't train properly(not enough frequency/volume/proper progressive overload).

All my friends can bench 2 plate and have been training for 8-14 months while I can bench 330lbs with just over a year of training. You motherfuckers are just weak as shit. Natty too. Tell me I'm e-statting weaklings.

My bench has never gone up ever...i have same bench as when i was fucking 16... no idea whats wrong with me.. i do it twice a weeek too... stuck at 185

What's your routine?

>inb4 5 different variations for 10-15 reps each

shutup fatty

its a modified texas method.. i bench heavy on monday and to volume on friday

3 sets of 5 on monday and 5 sets of 10 on friday

m8, I'm 90kg @ 6'2, stop trying
Being fat doesn't automatically make you bench more, stop justifying your lackluster performance

you bench 185 and you only bench 3x5 once a week?

>5 sets of 10 on friday

Why don't you just run the actual Texas Method program? You literally cut the heavy day where you test your max out, aka, the whole point of the program.

If you want your bench to go up train within a lower rep range and get more volume in that way. You're barely putting any volume within the >=85% range and expect your strength to go up? Like seriously, 3x5 once per week at maybe 80% is god awful.

Also, if you're going to run texas method, replace the OHP days with bench days. That way you're benching 3 times per week.

yeah i'm retarded.. thank you for the advice though.. i will definitely do that

I OHP and Bench on the same days my ohp is up to 135 but i bench after which also may be the problem.

Because I bench 3 plates.
For reps.

yeah, at a commercial gym 2pl8+ bench is rather rare but i do see people who push it every once in a while. but 2pl8 isn't super advanced like you're making it seem

most people can achieve a 225lb 1rm within 1.5 years (and im being generous here, more like 1 yr).

>OHP and bench on the same days

Come on man. You really have no idea why you're stalling?

Bench 3 times per week within 80-90% of your 1RM using pic related.

>anyone who lifts less than me is lackluster
>anyone who lifts more than me is unimpressive

You say you're 6'2", but you act like you're 5'2". 90 kg is at the cusp of overweight for your height, btw.

Cuz im benching 3. :D

>90 kg is at the cusp of overweight for your height, btw.
>90kg for 6'2 male has BMI of 25.4
>0.4 BMI points above overweight
>BMI doesn't account for muscle mass
>other guy is clearly more muscular than the average man if he can bench 225lbs+

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here aren't you. Like not even that guy but you sound butthurt and jealous as fuck.

>anyone who lifts more than me is fat
>anyone who says I'm weak must be short

And what standard is that? BMI? you know it's used for normie non-lifters, right?

i'd love to see the pictures of people saying they're benching 2-3 plates, this entire thread is literally almost nothing but people e-statting but there's only 3 images

never take advice from anybody on this board without pictures to prove they know their shit or facts to back their up

This is me and I bench over 3plate.

literally only weaklings say this shit

My chest is already over-developed. Working on upper back for correct posture

Everybody who benches 3 plates is either going to look like this, or be a lying DYEL. This thread is mostly the latter.

Why is 225 or 315 such a grandiose lift for you that you assume estatting? Like seriously? Any decently fed and disciplined adult male can hit 225 bench in a year. 225 really is not that amazing,

why is it so hard for you to post a pic? like seriously?

people that bench 2pl8s don't look much different from people that bench 1pl8

sorry if you thought you'd instantly become a monster once you hit 2pl8

im not the ones you have previously replied to.

I'm only 10lb away from 2pl8 for 5x5, liftin' since January.

It's the last of the 1/2/3/4pl8 I need to hit, and that day will be so fucking glorious.

My friends think I'm being silly bulking in the summer but I really couldn't give a fuck. Would rather have strong lifts as opposed to visible abs.

i wanna kiss you haha no homo

Does that mean I look good or are you calling me a fat fuck like that other guy?

2pl8 reporting in

80kg manlet (i could bench 2pl8x5 75kg bw, now i do 105 3x5)

pic

which exercises hit best the upper back?

>people don't look much different
>post a pic

fat and shit form

Upper back exercises

Low row machines, shrugs, deadlifts, and general back lifts. Just train your back a lot.

I hope you die in horrible pain

you keep avoiding the question because you can't actually bench even 1 pl8 and you look like shit

>225 is so easy to bench! All it takes is 12 months of intense progressive overload and a disciplined diet on top of everything else life requires of you!

Nobody is saying 225 is grandiose or godly. Some people are, realistically, acknowledging it's not a beginner weight: nothing more, nothing less. Listen to yourself. If something takes a year of hard work and serious discipline to achieve, it is by definition not something easily accomplished by a beginner.