I find it difficult to do more than about 4 chinups in a row...

i find it difficult to do more than about 4 chinups in a row, but if i just stand on the floor for a second between chinups then i can do plenty. is there any reason i shouldn't do this?

Yea, you're letting the muscle rest to long and not stimulating growth.

Your stabilizing muscles are probably weak to some degree. If you want to make them stronger, don't stand on the floor between each rep. It'll probably help your bench press and other exercises if you do strengthen them though.

What the hell?? Broscience as fuck.

Op try doing the reps but holding it for as long as you possible minimizing a 30 second rest. Increase hold time and decrease rest time i.e.

rep hold 5 secs
Rest 30 secs
Rep hold 10 secs
Rest 20 secs

you got to shock the muscle

Stop doing chin ups... do pull ups instead. Make sure your spine is neutral and your core is tight. Do slow negatives

why are pullups better?

they aren't

But why are pullups better?

but they aren't

pullups are harder and train different muscle groups.

I don't know of any reason why they would be better, other than that.

Veeky Forums hates any exercise that targets biceps

Literally all of my lifts have gone up, yet I can never do more than 8 pull ups

>when I stop contracting my muscles and allow them to recover and avoid isometric contractions its easier to produce a muscle contraction

you did it OP

you're prob slightly using your legs to start again after your pause

seconded

This is silly. Do both.

No they don't. Chin ups just add the biceps into the equation a little but they still are a major back exercise, stop spreading bro-science.

I noticed that. Why ?

Because they fell for the "nothing but the 6 main compound lifts" meme, and have shit lifts and shit arms, and hate people who were smart enough to do 4x8 curls a couple times a week.

Are you heavy?

I can easily do 10 pull or chins and currently I'm training for L pull ups. Took me 22 months to go from 3 pull ups to 5x5 L pulls. Take your time.

>yfw retards like this post on Veeky Forums

Because biceps are the most main stream default muscle that people think of when they think of lifting weights, so the special snow flake fuck heads on fit have decided that they should never be worked

Do people really have trouble with chin-ups?

I haven't lifted regularly in a few months due to some bizarre shit in my life, but today I decided to improvise a few chin-ups on a nearby tree and I managed to do 10 in a row before stopping. Granted, my form probably wasn't completely correct, but I guess I could maybe do 6~7 with proper form.

165 lbs, btw

i find it difficult too, to do more than about 4 pullups in a row

w/ one hand

That more or less means your strength is increasing at the same rate as yoir bodyweight. Not necessarily a bad thing but you can tweak a few dietary things to change that

>Can only do 6 or 7 strict form chinups
>criticises others for being bad at chinups

Yeah. You'll be a weak ass nigga

Grow some fucking balls son

How many pull-ups are you doing each week? If it's anything less than 100 reps, you're doing it wrong if you intend on making progress. Ideally should be ~200.

Not really criticizing, but I often see people compalining on fit about how they can only do 1 or 2 chin-ups despite lifting regularly, and it just strikes me as odd

Veeky Forums has a lot of chubby fats and skinnyfats. True skinnyfats, like people who have literally never participated in any physical activity in their life. Like in good scifi books where people wake up from cryo sleep and have to spend weeks undergoing physical therapy to be able to walk again. These people haven't lifted anything heavier than an 8.5 lb gallon of milk for years.

I personally have trouble with them
I think it mostly has to do with the fact I'm 190lbs

so far I'm up to 4 in a row

Try not extending your hands all the way. Just keep on doing them, try get someone to hold your legs after you squeeze out 4 chinups.

>triplets

cheeky

>165 lbs
>6-7 chinups
>criticizes others
Fucking skeletons