twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some of the things he says are funny
Some of the things he says are smart
Some of the things he says are stupid
All of it is entertaining

Love his shit. Watch his podcasts with Dr. Rhonda Patrick your in for a treat

Head like a fucking orange

this tbqh.

she kinda bugs me. She loves doing things because some study said it was good but not necessarily because it actually works for her. I feel like she's mostly full of shit.

>it's a brian starts an argument and gets pounded into the ground to the point where it gets super awkward episode

Dr. Rhonda Patrick is my waifu you watch it.

Other good ones: Donald Cerrone, Duncan Trussel, any with Brendan Schaubs alpha ass, Graham Hancock

-He's incredibly ignorant about the world; he's basically an ignoramus.
-To my taste, he's a hack as a comic; he relies heavily on delivery and isn't particularly witty.
-He's a turbo manlet who lies about his height. He's 5'6 at the most barefoot but claims 5'8 and has been caught red handed by many attentive people.
-He admits he has brain damage from getting hit in the head too many times. He's also a noted drug addict.
-He tries hard to be deep and philosophical on his podcast but is in many ways the epitome of an unintelligent, uncultured meathead.

Despite all of this, I basically like him. He's similar to Howard Stern, another incredibly flawed guy I like a lot. Their flaws are fairly transparent but there's something innately likable about both of them more often than not. One of the reasons I like Joe in particular is I see him as a fairly moral person; he doesn't seem to be exploiting anyone, or trying to. Excluding the lies about his height, he's not a particular dishonest person, just misguided (worshiping Ronda Rousey, believing in moon hoaxes, etc). I also like that he's fairly humble compared to a lot of people who have achieved similar or even lesser success. He essentially seems unaffected by fame and wealth.

TL;DR: Joe Rogan is deeply flawed, as are we all, but is still a good person and I like him.

Compared to a lot of other celebrities, comics, and fighters, he's pretty smart. Also, he usually has interesting people on his show.

tbf i dont really know how tall i am

I started playing around with pot because of him.

the thing is that he makes a point of bringing it up. If wikipedia gets brought up, he usually brings up how you can't really trust the site because it lists him as 5'6" when he claims to be 5'9". So while you don't know how tall you are, he is very aware of how short he is and has a complex about it.

yeah super moral espacially when he's shilling snake oil or pushing shit on his show "i have no affiliation with this comapny" nigger please

>So while you don't know how tall you are, he is very aware of how short he is and has a complex about it.
Well said.

>pushing shit on his show "i have no affiliation with this comapny" nigger please
but he doesn't do that. He pushes onnit and is very upfront about how he's part of it.

He's a loony toon, but he makes for some very interesting watching and listening.

Very good podcast, consistently puts out three hour podcasts with entertaining guests and topics. Does a better job than the majority of "comedy" podcasts. Honestly one of the better forms of entertaining considering the ads are only 30 seconds and skipable.

Train by day
Joe Rogan podcast by night!
All day!

He really makes me think.

He admitted when he was wrong about Bulletproof coffee and retracted any praise for its supposed benefits once he realized it was bullshit. I respect that.

I think it's lame that he's still pushing Alpha Brain but to his credit, I believe he's actually drinking his own kool-aid on that one. This goes back to him being a misguided ignoramus more than a conman, and thus, essentially a moral person.

Whats wrong with alpha brain? The dude is into nootropics. Its a fun hobby.

Nootropics is modern for snake oil

The short answer is that its bullshit with no hard science to support its purported benefits.

The long answer can be found in the form of this article: sciencebasedmedicine.org/alpha-brain-whats-wrong-with-the-supplement-industry/

The whole point of Nootropics is optimization though. It's not an end all be all.
I dont want to derail the thread so last post but as they say, dont knock it till you try it!

yeah, but how can you accurately test their effectiveness? It's not like the pill from limitless.

Is this karl pilkington

I've got a really nice bridge for sale that I think you might be interested in.

yeah i mean i have *pulls the mic in closer and adjusts chair* friends who are heavy psychedelic users but i have some others, like my friend sarah rider (shes a fantastic comic, sometimes me and her will do edibles outside the comedy store) and she'll do like *readjusts chair* hot yoga which can kind of get you into that introspective perspective if you dont actually do DMT and what that'll actually do is release melatonin in something called your pineal gland which is the part of your brain which controls and produces melatonin. jaimie could you pull up an image of the pineal gland? *looks over to the screen* yeah that chimp is easily 400-500 pounds of pure muscles. yeah look at his ballsack dude haha fuck

that's what I love about the podcast.

Lol nice

NICE

you forgot a few *clears throat*s

I read it in his voice.

well no because
*brings the mic closer*
every 10 years your cells in your body actually completely change.
*clears throat* i was reading this article about how DMT can actually advance this process into only taking 6 years because your pineal gland- jaimie could you get that article up? yeah but its because your pineal glands can actually make your cells rejuvenate faster ... here we go
*looks over at the screen*
look at that ...
yeah that chimp must be what? 400 pounds? jesus these things will just tear your to shred

needs a belly laugh. Still not enough throat clearing.

U FORGOT THE ISOLATION TANKS
TALK ABOUT ISOLATION TANKS

That "here we go"

so you guys thinkg that when he says for example he likes the new samsung phone and he's using only that now, its because he actually like it?then he pull outs an iphone couple episodes later and when someone points it out he just goes " oh i use 2 now"
same with the roots of the fight t shirt company that is very close to ufc
You niggas must be pretty naive to think someone on the media or youtube just says he likes some product etc

I listen to him pretty regularly and I don't recall him ever saying he uses samsung exclusively. He said he likes it and that they're all pretty much the same now. I remember someone asking him what phone he had and he said he had both. Take the tin foil hat off m8

placebomane

>brings up his cell phone in that one podcast when someone addresses it randomly
>act like he interrupts his guests multiple times per episode every episode to shill samsung

Cringy occasionally out right douchey, but seems like a nice enough guy. I listen to his show whenever he has comics on, but aside from that his show is pretty unlistenable.

the only time I couldn't stand his podcast and skipped an episode was recently when he had those two old nutty artists.

Man child

He's great when he's not going off about PC police, the "left", or politics in general. It quickly devolves into pre-ant firing Opie and Anthong and it makes it unbearable. Save for no racism.

How do you download the pod to your phone? Files to big for most youtube to mp3 converters

What's the pod?

Ricky ffs

I find his podcast entertaining most of the time. I do have to skip ahead any time joe starts talking about Bernie or trump or politics in general though.

Thank god redband isn't there anymore constantly interrupting about buttholes or his cats or other dumb shit. I hate him.

I listen to his podcast if I'm interested in the guest. He's too much of a stoner philosopher. He talks mindless shit thinking he's having deep conversations and everyone is just waiting for him to move on.

You can download it from his webzone.

I do not understand his shroom-hype. I've tried a heroic dose of shrooms. All they do is make you hallucinate and triger a psychosis (not always) which some people take as "ego-death" When you are under that psychosis you find everything that is wrong with you and multiply it 10 times. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun drug, just stop taking it as some kind of a mystical, shamanic thing. Same can be said about acid.

> talk about Bernie or trump

Yeah seriously. If you're a fresh comedian, relying on Bernie or trump for material might be okay for getting your feet wet in high school or college, but Jesus, if you're an experienced person, you need to get rid of that crutch and talk about something else.

Dunno I always get euphoric after taking just small doses and makes me happier for weeks.

>It's a Joe gets high and pontificates on fractals and multiverse theory episode

He repeats things he reads online to other people online.

I guess a lot of people like that instead of doing their own research.

Yes, small doses are good fun, but once you take bigger does approx. 5grams or more (i took 7) you start to get into that dark place if you allow your mind to drift there. Certain people take that experience as something spiritual and something that changed their when in reality it was just a psychosis triggered by mushrooms. Theres a video on youtube where an australian guy explains his "hero" trip he talks about it like it was a good thing that changed his life. He talks about how he started smashing mirrors with his hand, cry, scream. Nigga, u just went into a psychosis after taking magic mushrooms which is their side effect. But yeah, small doses are great, just chilling out, grooving to good music, it's great fun, just don't take it too seriously.