Hi, new lifter. Are handgrips and reverse-curls just a meme...

Hi, new lifter. Are handgrips and reverse-curls just a meme? I bought the Golds Gym Adjustable grips last month and I'm doing 10x10s of the full 90LB resistance, and 10x10 reverse curls at 15LBs. [I know I'm shit so far but I guess you gotta start somewhere] Is this okay for forearm growth? I'm 5'9 and between 130-140LBS.

Also, if anyone has any military knowledge, Im joining soon and Ive been told theres a handgrip test. How should I prepare for this? Should I worry? [I'm Canadian if that helps] Sorry if this has been worded wrong or obnoxiously, trying my best to make everything sound right.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Heavy-Grips-Set-Strengthener-Professionals/dp/B000LLI9G0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

holy shit somebody please answer
Every site I look at says that though gripping exercises are helpful, I cant find many credible sources that say that exclusively, just handgrips give any solid gains. Any advice please?

Farmers walks

I had that exact same one and it only went up to like 70lbs and eventually broke within like a couple of weeks.

>Buy something
>look up if its useful after you paid for it

??????????????????????
?
?
?

Thankyou, will look into it
Mines still going strong, it needed some WD-40 at first because it sounded like it was going to snap right in fucking half and now its pretty alright.
Like I said, I looked into it but couldn't find much in the way of solid reviews and if I did they didnt touch on what I was asking for.

Also, any ex-military here that can talk about what the grip test was like?

Same here man. Used on max resistance for 6 months and the spring just snapped one day.

Did it help your forearms any?

>5'9
>140
I think eating and lifting could probably also help you not look like a twink

doing tens of reps with a handgrip aint gonna do shit, you need to do few reps with high resistance grippers, this for your closing grip

reistance and pinching are the other other two types of grip you might want to exercise

typical Canadian. Apologizing for everything. You make me SICK

forearm for reference, it's not that big but it grew a lot

Haha thanks. I already only eat healthy, whenever I do eat. No eating disorders or anything just don't have a very high budget ["it doesn't take that much money to get a solid diet" university student living out of his car at the moment]

Thanks man appreciate the solid advice. So should I start buying those fixed-resistance grippers that are around 100LBS+?
I make myself sick with my shit skelly body
gotta get motivated somehow preferably before I get too too busy
Shit dude nice, thanks for the ref. Was that JUST from the grips? Like did you combine it with any other forearm workouts?

What precisely is your question? Are hand grips just a meme? Not sure what you mean by that but if your asking "will buying hand grips increase my strength hand strength?" Will yes but will it significantly increase the size of my forearm making my arm look more jacked? Not so much. If you want strong hands and jacked forearms deadlifts, pull ups and differentertainment variations of bicep curls. All work much better than hand grips.

this is helpful

Sorry for the errors I'm responding on my phone

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.
1. Will exclusively using handgrips boost forearm strength/show-muscles?
2. If anyones ever had military experience, how is the handgrip test/ what should I prepare for?

Thanks for the answer, I heard deads help quite a bit.
Holy shit thankyou that is definitely extremely helpful
No worries thanks again pal!

yeah, you can find them on aliexpress for less than 10 bucks, brands like Heavy Grip are perfect

amazon.com/Heavy-Grips-Set-Strengthener-Professionals/dp/B000LLI9G0

Such as these? I wouldn't buy from Amazon but AliExpress isnt doing too well on my cafe shitternet right now haha. Do you know if theres a world of difference between these and the Captain of Crush models? I heard the CoC's were the best but Im not sure if thats opinionated or true?

CoC are better but since I'm from europe they were way to expensive. Also, I wouldn't buy the 300 and 350 pounds ones, you might get hurt trying to close them from time to time. Even if you are confident in your grip start low, this shit takes time to adjust and inflammations to the tendons are much common

if you are american consider them, better quality indeed

100% yes. I have a death-grip handshake now for real.

It might have helped with developing my ambidexterity as well.

I'm Canadian Sir. Thanks, like I said I'm just starting out so I'm thinking of going for the "1.5" model of the CoC's, the 120LB resistance. The Amazon reviews are saying that though other brands claim to be, say, 100LBS, the CoC 100LB grippers still feel harder to close so I'm worried that I'll get them and be completely fucked for a lack of a better word since I wont be able to come close to closing the 120's. Who knows

Awesome thanks man, honestly always wanted one of those 'oh shit' hand-shakes you know? Also ambidexteritys always great

Anyone ever hear about gripping past 300LBS on the CoC's gets you one of those "grip king" certificates? Any merit to it?

Sorry ,my bad, the Point Five's, not the 1.5's. Still 120LB resistance but the "1.5" model is about 165LBS I heard

CoCs feel harder to close compared to same level from other brands, because they are more thoroughly tested and because they open wider. Consider that if you have small hands Heavy Grips might be better for you.

Thankyou. Ill keep that in mind, I just want to do all of this the right way and not find out down the line that I fucked up big time and got some "meme" equipment or whatever Veeky Forums will call it in six years

it works, just don't overdo it

Thanks again for all the advice/help/replies, hellappreciate it

>I'm 5'9 and between 130-140LBS.

shoo shoo hungry skellington