Can somebody explain LINK and Walton to me?

can somebody explain LINK and Walton to me?
how does it work, but in simple words pls?

These coins require PhD level educations and 50 page + theses to truly understand, user.

get rich quick

Whitepapers. :)

Or an understanding of how coding work. Also an understanding of social effects.

in english pls doc

but how?
I already have some LINK

I wish whitepapers would stop being so techie and buzzword-y and just say what the coin or token actually does. I read them, get somewhat of a gist, and end up asking questions here.

the price goes up

but how?

are you seriously this uneducated? If you dont understand this, then dont go trading. Your only food for us.

Link is a resource that determines the trustworthiness of data that comes into the blockchain from outside. It does this by being staked by those running oracle nodes, the providers of this off chain data. Node operators are incentivized to keep their data sources pure by being paid in more link.

Ah now I get it
also my life savings are in LINK.

and what is walton?

>read the code
Great way to ensure maximum Dunning-Kruger.

WALTON = CHINK PND

LINK = FINANCIAL FREEDOM AND REAL WORLD USAGE

So I did good by putting all my money into it?
Gonna plan to wait for 3 years before I start selling.

How much will that make me?

i too have this question of when are we to sell... certainly it would be very tempting to sell around the time of Sibos because prices will go up...im so sure of LINK but unsure of when to cash out. hope a smart user could shed some light on this area

RETARDED AMOUNTS. THANK YOU BASED user - YOU ARE WHAT KEEPS US ALIVE.

They do that to impress idiots who wouldn't buy otherwise.

Two very simple words. 1. Pump. 2. Dump. Simple enough for a Downs to understand.

>Sneakily tells me I don't know what i'm talking about

Dunning-Kruger's himself thinking he's smart for using that term

this guy buy elix and got owned by a pajeet scam go shit in the street with the rest of them user take your fudding else where this is where big boys make money

Digital tulips kid first one out wins

If you want to be safe sell a quarter in the hype leading up to SIBOS, but consider the following:

The vast majority of people currently trading crypto KNOW about "sell the news". People who are expecting a price spike due to pre-SIBOS hype have *probably bought their tokens already in anticipation of that fact*.

This means that there may not be a sharp spike in, say, the week before SIBOS, as everyone will have already bought their tokens in preparation, waiting for exactly that spike to occur. This could result in slow growth until a week before and then stagnation, as everyone sits around saying "Where's the hype spike?"

Now consider the possible consequences of this. Maybe weak hands will panic and the price will actually drop. Maybe people will say "There is no SIBOS hype!" and bail. Do NOT expect sharp price gains in a short time period before SIBOS. People anticipating results from that event will have loaded up beforehand.

Now consider #2, which is the expectation that there will be a "meme dip" after SIBOS, regardless of how it goes, as everyone gets together and "sells the news". If my first supposition has been borne out, and the price hasn't spiked, there may not be a "meme dip".

On top of that, SIBOS may actually reveal to the world that, at ~$175 million, ChainLink is profoundly undervalued. Rather than a "sell the news" dip, Link might actually skyrocket after the announcement.

For what it's worth I may sell a small proportion (up to 25%) of my link holdings at some point in the weeks following SIBOS, depending on if I think it's a good time to put money in my other pet projects, which are XMR and BLOCK.

As for the rest of it (and I am more or less "all in" on LINK, with 160k of them) I will be leaving for a much longer period. At least a few months, and half of that stack I plan to retain indefinitely.

I hope this has helped you get an idea of some of the issues that may arise around SIBOS, and how you will trade in response.

Thanks for the input bro

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide insight on the possibilities for this amazing technology. I will keep what you taught me very close in consideration during these upcoming weeks and determine for my own when the time to sell should be. Good luck user