What does Veeky Forums do for a living and how would you rate it /10 for allowing you to exercise regularly and not...

What does Veeky Forums do for a living and how would you rate it /10 for allowing you to exercise regularly and not impede upon your gains

Im an office wage slave who works out vigorously at night to make up for hours of sitting down and working. 7/10, doesnt tire me before the gym and leaves me with plenty of time to workout, only issue is how sedentary i am all fuckin day

male commercial model/bit actor

its pretty autistic because sometimes they'll call you within 20 minutes of the job, and you have to drop literally everything

sometimes the job is 30 minutes, sometimes its 4 days straight with almost no sleep

so whatre the requirements for this? do they expect you to maintain a certain physique at all times for the role or something?

Dentist

Give it a 9/10, the money and hours is what makes it that good overall. I can choose to work half days through the week and still make a nice amount. I sit at about a 75% work week, enough money to be very comfortable but enough free time to do what I love.

Downside is that I'm quite worried about injuries, my finger got caught between dumbells and I couldn't move it for a week, my livelihood is that finger so as you can imagine I was very worried.

it takes like 7 years to become a dentist here, is it worth it?

Not something I can answer for you friendo, what I enjoy is another mans concept of hell. It all depends. For yes it was, I have a comfortable life with a house and nice car and a lot of free time. I enjoy working with my hands and making people look great. I get to spend time working out, going out and raising my kid to the best of my ability. I consider this a success.

Another man might see the 7yr investment as useless as he could make a lot more money in another field and would absolutely detest working with his hands.

It all depends on you

surprisingly, i actually started when i was way younger (mid-teens), and i was practically in auschwitzch mode

last year pharmacy student. 5/10 finals are fucking brutal.

just signed a contract with GSK tho, so we'll see where it goes from there. Good pay and excellent hours

Proces opperator
The pay is good, very few hours a week, not very taxing
Shift hours tho, sedentary and we all bring food to snack on wich is rarely healthy
8/10

Infantryman, and it completely impedes on my gains. Usually have shitty leadership who forces you to do runs or crossfit 5 days a week. Only way to keep gains and not be injured 24/7 is to roid

Supermarket manager. I've got good people whom I can trust so I can easily take a day off. Besides that I only make 37 hours a week, but it's kind of stressful.
The job is all right so I'd say 8/10. I can lift and eat right with ease thanks to meal preps and a 24 hour gym.

Elementary school teacher in the rich part of Europe.

Pros
>great salary
>sociallly totally acceptable to work part time, which I do
>the kids' enthusiasm for life is uplifting
>PE a couple times a week and I'm active with them, free cardio
>12 weeks a year off

Cons
>a couple shithead kids that try to annoy the fuck out of you
>lots of meetings, talking with no results for 4 hours
>parents
>if you are weak psychologically youll get rekt by the time you reach your 40s
>work extends into your free time (preparing lessons, events etc)

All in all I'm pretty content

You've made it brah, I'm happy for you

European resident here, I work for an Immigration Service. My main task is searching for war criminals pretending to be refugees and to expel them form our borders.

doing a shit job of it so far then aye lad

More like
>I work for an Immigration Service. My main task is searching for hard working decent immigrants and to expel them form our borders and replace them with criminals.

There hasn't been a terrorist attack in my country since 1977. We're doing pretty good so far. I'd rate my job 8/10. Great pay and flexibility regarding working hours, also 31 paid vacation days a year.

Cons
>You're a male teacher

part time kitchen porter

physical work, have my finances sorted out so more than enough free time, 2.5hr walk every day to work and back. if you can live cheap, part time is king. perfect for monk mode

resisting all the food can get a little difficult, i snack on veg all day to stay full

How you know he's male?

also it's in a school, 6 weeks off paid over summer, and sporadic week/2 weeks off over the year. planning to go innawoods for as long as possible this summer

>you graduate high school and your parents reveal that you have a trust fund on your name that pays out ~ 10000$ a month
>you realize you wont need to work ever
>staying home alone all day isnt really great when all your friends are working
>basically neet with more money

fuck im too old to get a good job now

my friend is a male teacher and he has to fend off advances from milfs all day, dude is too loyal for his own good. There are worse places to be

Imo that's a big Pro, for me and the kids.

Being a man in that field, my opinion automatically weighs more because I'm a guy and women naturally submit. Parents are also less of a hassle when you're a man, because most of the time they automatically respect you more.

Male teacher here too, high school
Pros/cons mostly like >No desirable moms because at HS age they are 35-45
>Not into older women at all
>Girls are crazy hormone bombs, so nope
>Should have gone the elementary route for moms

>>Should have gone the elementary route for moms

hello pedophile accusation
goodbye career and life

That's sort of my point. Don't get me wrong, we definitely need kids to have a good male influence, so you're doing a good thing for society, but I feel like it limits you personally. As a man surrounded by women and children, it's too easy to be dominant - it's just the natural state of affairs. Essentially you're a big fish in a small pond, and that harms your growth.

Also make sure you don't become to influenced by the women and children you are surrounded with and stoop to their level of pettiness / irrationality. Keep your head - some things male teachers end up doing just scream that they haven't been around enough other men for a long time.

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. I tought about these things as well. Luckily for me I only work 60% and do loads of other shit in my free time, lifting, video games, going out etc.

Also one of my colleagues is this older, gruff PE teacher dude, alpha as fuck and sort of my mentor and we don't take shit and stay away from drama. So for now I think I'm sorted.

Sounds like you've got your head screwed on straight, all the best m80.

Neurology resident. It's great in that it doesn't have a lot of physical work. Downsides are night shifts and generally high work load. Consistently working out and eating right requires more discipline with those. Also, people don't expect doctors to be jacked, and appearance is extremely important.
I guess once I start a family I'll have to quit lifting.

Dentist guy here, agree about the appearance thing. I had to cut my cornrows (black guy) and now go for the slim fit look instead of the big jacked look. Patients just don't respect a big meat head even if he finished top of his class and patients are business so we go where they go I guess.

Maybe once I build up a solid base of customers I can grow my hair again

thanks brah

I guess if you have your own practice at some point you're a brand and can dress and style the way you like.

But is it not a problem that hands increase in size through heavy lifting, and develop calluses, and might eventually be less suited for the fine hand movements in a narrow space that a dentist does?

that sucks bro

hate it when my job interferes with my privat life

i make sandwiches part-time

9/10

boom

Design engineer in the automotive industry, work 7-15:30 Monday -> Friday.
Fun job, great coworkers and doesn't impede on my training.
I rate it 8/10.

Fire and rescue service. Definite 10/10.

Stations are equipped with a gym and although not exactly cutting edge and filled with gear, there's more than enough to work with. Not to mention being on the clock and paid to use it. Also play shit like volleyball when the weather is decent.

Shift pattern also means getting in the gym outside of work is easy. Do 2 days, 2 nights then get 4 days off. Local gym with pool is a 5 minute walk from my house.

if I ever decide to open my own practice I imagine I can do whatever I please but the added headache of running a business and things following me home. I'm in a comfy place as it is now, once my kid starts school and isn't available all the time I might go for it

I find the calluses to not be of any issue when drilling, my grip of the drill isn't close to them at all. Hand size growth, desu I haven't noticed much through lifting, they're like my feet and wrists, kind of just the same without any changes so I'm not too fussed about that. Like I said earlier, injury to my hands is my biggest worry, any change in hands that is through lifting will be gradual enough to not cause me issues

Things happen, I have plenty of friends who kicked cocaine weekends and long hair for jobs. It's what happens

I own a business in horticulture. 6/10 for money 9/10 for being active. I easily walk over 25km everyday and lift heavy stuff and shit.
Also no boss so I can pretty much do whatever.

>fuck 26yo woman
>pedo

Not even in the sultanate of Englandabia

>elementary school

why on earth would i say he would be accused of being a pedophile if he is going after the teachers or moms

I implied I should have gone elementary because of qt easy pick moms instead of HS. My students' mothers are disgusting fat and/or aged

and i implied that a middle aged male working around little children all day is a ticking time bomb of a false accusation.

In all our implying we have misunderstood each other.

Oh, right. Sorry. HS is a time bomb too, can't be alone with a student (boy or girl) even for a second because of that shit too. So not like it makes a difference, the danger is there all the same.
Tiptoeing around that and having another teacher present for tutoring and other shit is a pain in the ass

in highschool i imagine a Veeky Forums male teacher walks on broken glass. Do the girls act like sluts around you? I imagine it would be terrible having 17yr olds bending infront of me all day craving my attention as the only male in the school who isnt old enough to be their dad but also old enough to drive

>Do the girls act like sluts around you?
>around you

All the time, with every single boy they find cute or tryhard enough. 90% of them go after the idiots with court cases for aggravated assault/theft/whatever though, like it's ingrained in their genes. The other 10% fawn over the obviously gay Veeky Forums Veeky Forums boy

Fire Lieutenant in the U.S.
10/10 - especially since getting promoted because now I don't have to do shit like clean the station and prepare dinner.
Work in a brand new station with a gym that has anything you could want pretty much.
Get paid to work out whenever I want and can use gym for free on my days off. Work 24 hours on and 72 hours off, so I only go to work on average 8 times a month. Get laid on the reg once the bitches find out what I do for a living, and make easily over 100k a year for basically doing nothing. All in all pretty much livin' the dream, feels good man.

Just a student right now that doesn't even attend classes.

Just started attending again and taking it seriously; I'm already behind a year since I was too lazy to take more than 1-2 classes a semester. It'll take me 5 years at the minimum to graduate with my Bachelor's. On the bright side, not doing anything with my life gives me a lot of time to do whatever I wish.

On the downside, wasted a lot of time and I'm going to be old when I graduate at the age of 23 or so.

Nurse 7/10. Sometimes I have chill days sitting around until I have to do insulin and etc. Sometimes I pass meds all day and after some coffee I am good for the gym. Sometimes I have to deal with emergencies and family issues that leave me mentally exhausted and there is no cure for that.

>Old
>23
Are you retarded or baka. Just enjoy your time doing the bachelor's. I know people who try harded through the university to get top marks and jumping after that straight to work life and soon they're going to start a family. They're 28 and from my perspective they haven't lived a fucking day. Just jumping from a thing to thing.

I graduated with bachelor in business at 26. Took me 6 years, but in the end I wouldn't change a thing about it. I travelled world during that time (20+ countries), made a lot of new friends, met my first love, worked abroad, got Veeky Forums, picked up longboarding and boxing and went into many cool festivals (drugs woo). The point is that you should enjoy life and live it to the fullest user. There's no hurry to be a boring working adult with a few holiday days there and there.

Makin' it bro, happy for you!

I work in an optics lab. Pretty dope, we have a ton of free time and me and the two other dudes have a set of freeweights we keep in our computer/lounge area. 8/10 because the work itself is pretty sedentary but pays good.

boring manual labor job. same task every day, except for one day every other week, in which the labor is extensively longer and harder. It's early morning, and in sub zero temperatures so the pay is quite a bit higher than what I actually do in terms of difficulty. Over all I like it because it pays enough for me to get by on part-time hours, thus leaving me lots of time to cook and lift.

Personally I don't let anyone but black guys with cornrows do my dentistry.

I work at a food storage
10/10 Veeky Forums job, I basically spend all my time lifting heavy boxes around

What company? What's the money like?

Software developer.
10/10. Can come in any time I want, get free days, work remotely, salary is great.

Yeah they know how to set in those gold grills with precision.

I bartend. Started doing it to work through my autism. Way more social and confident now. Kind of a neet lifestyle, wakeup around 1pm, lift, eat, tend. Nice regulars during the early evening but asshole millenials at night but fun to flirt with the cute ones.

Kitchen Dept. Manager at a McDicks. I'd rate it about a high 7/10. I help unload our truck deliveries so I'm already lifting anywhere from 10-50lb boxes twice a week for a solid 1-2 hours each time. Plus I work overnights right now so I get to go home at 4 in the morning and I wake up at around 12pm and then go to the gym.

Pretty nice tbqh, aside from the shit job.

Currently make glasses

In school to become an English teacher

thanks guys

you could have gone into a difficult or competitive field having the financial worry of failure removed by the trust fund.

could have said things like, Yeah I am an investment banker, microbiologist, lawyer, and even if you were bottom of the barrel in your field you would have had the income to live well.

I do not desire your life, and I have no sympathy for you.

Plumber/gas engineer here. I'd rate it a 6/10, work from 7:30 till 16:30 but depending on where the job is I have to leave anywhere up to 2 hours earlier to get there and the same on the journey home. However that's only due to the company who I work for so it could be better. Definitely interferes with gains since fitting in all the meal prep and gym time can be challenging whilst still trying to get enough sleep.
Money is good for my type of work and day to day expenses are no issue.

im a personal trainer,4/10 cause im always tired from running,cycling,or carrying shit for my client and i never feel like im 100% rested to perform at my best so i end up skipping a lot of my workouts.

Packer at a factory.
Notsure/10
Been working here like a week, my whole job so far is just take 10-30lb box of mayonnaise jars off a conveyor belt and stack them on a pallet in a specific order as fast as the assembly line churns them out. It's pretty grueling so far, the pace means I have to contort my body into weird positions to get the boxes on in time and it's murder on my back - honestly feel scared doing squats now after a shift because my back just feels so shitty.

The hours suck too, 2pm-1am unless we're really ahead, so I have to go to the gym at 1:30am but I like it empty. Decent money though, probably just gonna stay on until the plant closes down in a few months - should be enough time to finish off my student loans and some other crap.

tfw engineer at fitness equipment company
>get paid to work on new exercise equipment
>several free gyms at work with brand new equipment
>"are you working out again?""no i'm reviewing this product"
>$13,000 of free exercise equipment in my basement because "scrap" from work

10/10 for regular exercise
5/10 for sitting behind a computer most of the day
0/10 for no 3dqt's in work gyms when i go

Hey, I'm (hopefully) graduating with bacherlor's at 28. What are the job prospects for someone with bachelor's degree at 26-28? Business or economy too.

Federal Agent in protective services. 80+ work week erry week. About 8 hours off everyday to split between sleep, working out, them ladies (no hetero). It fucked up my bulk more than anything, not getting enough sleep. Also irregular meals everywhere unless I get my meal prep done on a day off. 2/10, not worth. Also stop letting your paranoid schizophrenic family members send us vague threats and accusing us of shooting them with memory guns.

Front desk a gym, taking certs to be personal trainer.

8/10 I love the people I work with and I love helping people reach their full potential.

Only downside is giving so many people help and them stop coming due to bullshit reason.
"It's raining. Forgot my session. Too late in the day."
Fuck that.

any advice on getting into firefighting? Getting my undergrad degree in Athletic Training (sports medicine) and getting my EMT cert this coming fall through my uni. I understand there's a physical exam, written, and a psychological? I'm pretty sure I could pass all but the written currently. Any general tips on setting myself up for success?

music producer

9/10, can get up from mixing desk and go hiking or do planks at any time, can work out at 3 pm every day to avoid crowds. only drawback is sometimes sessions away from home go late and there's only delivery food of medium quality. however, a decent amount of musicians are health conscious so they'll order something reasonable.

Part-time model/filthy gaijin english teacher.

I squat and OHP my elementary school kids and play soccer/bball with my middle school kids at lunch. Shit's great.

This can run both ways. I'm also infantry, I get to do two adays most days, once during pt hours and then early afternoon. Sometimes I think I should do more cardio, but thinking it is as far as I go.

Smalltime warehouse worker. I lift chocolate and put it down.

Crane operator/steel worker. Rather just run crane the entire time but I'm entry level so I don't have the luxury right now