What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on IF?

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on IF?

if what

intermittent fasting asshat

intermittent fasting asshat what

if intermittent fasting what?

IF ONLY I'D BEEN BORN A CHAD

typical Veeky Forums autistic complication of simplest human activity

I do it for the insulin sensitivity alone (the only benefit that's actually backed by research btw) and it works for me because of my diet and schedule.

It's not a good diet for most people because (like everything in the health and fitness world) its benefits are exaggerated and the lower blood glycogen levels saps willpower which causes most people to eat way off their calorie targets.

That pic is bullshit it does not decrease TGCs or reduce inflammation.

Also it seems to suggest a ketogenic diet, you need carbs on your lift days, perserving your lean body mass will help you get to a lower bf% much faster than keto+if due to maintenance cost, but permantly trying to lower bodyfat should never be your goal anyway.

>It's not a good diet

It's not a diet.

Meal timing falls under dieting in the organisational paradigms of any individual who isn't suffering from extreme cognitive dissonance (You).

*tipping intensifies*

*tips fendora*

any of you guys do this with an irregular schedule?

with work and university some days I'll have off, some days i'll be busy until night and others I'll have nothing until 2pm when i work until midnight

is it possible to do IF like this, or is it impossible to make it work correctly?

i have my first piece of non water ingestion at like 17:00 every day for the past months.

but just because i wan to feel full on 1200 cals a day.

You spelled it wrong nigger.

I have fairly irregular/unpredictable schedule, I'm in grad-school I usually have something scheduled over my lunch hour in general I lift 6:00-7:30 and either lunch at 13:00 or I have my first meal when I get home ~18:00.

What I'd recommend is to schedule your lifting/cardio/rest days around the rest of your schedule, make your lifting days on days when you can make lunch (make it a big lunch so if you have to work in the evenings you don't have to worry about dinner), if you lift in the mornings take some BCAAs and creatine untill you an eat your first meal, the guy who made the leangains website has a few plans to help prevent early insulin spikes. On your cardio/rest days when you can't make lunch bring some MCT oil with you to work and eat that at around midday, this gives me a shitton of energy and helps with fat burning process (the leaner you are/better insulin sensitivity you already have the better this will work). Eat (mostly complex) carbs on your lift days only and ketogenic foods on your rest days.

I've never felt tired with this routine and it's flexible enough to forgive mistakes.

>mistakes.
Except eating sugar btw, sugar will fuck your shit up when you do this for a while.

>organisational paradigms
Look at the words I learned today, mom!

The sad thing is that you're right, you just chose the worst way to say it.

I forgot I was Veeky Forums where ironic posting is lost on people who actually are proper unironic autists and not just pretend Veeky Forums autists.

It's like the keto diet, fairly useful and has some benefits for some people but is blown up and hyped by marketing bullshit and turned into idiotic nonsense on Veeky Forums

Fasting is good for you, eating less is good for losing weight. Nothing profound or new here.

>no potatoes
>no protein synthesis
If I was a fatty just trying to not be obese, sure. Not really viable for lifters

I'll bite.

What do you believe you get from potatoes that you can't get from from other sources which isn't one of the most carb dense foods known to man?

Nothing, the whole point is that they carb dense. They are still nutritious, tasty, and very satiating.

Please note I said lifters. Active, healthy people who can handle carbs

There's literally nothing wrong with eating potatoes, or any carb source for that matter.

Ah in that case I agree, I thought you emphasized potatoes not carbs in general. Still I fucking hate wasting my carbs on potatoes though, I don't know why anyone would eat that. Carrots for complex carbs+carotenoids then chow whatever the fuck I'm craving to fill my cals.

It's a diet which is like any other and all comes down to cals in/out in the end.
I'm 4 months in on IF, eating only once a day.
Was struggling with hunger for 2 weeks, was feeling very weak, but got used to it and still eating once a day in the evening (while cutting).
Saves time on cooking somewhat.

it IS viable for lifters. u just have to eat at maintenance + if u want strenght gains. when the body is fat adapter u get energy like fuck, u can almost go on forever. U dont need carbs to get strong

KETO
E
T
O

I've tried IF but I get hypoglycemia after a while, it becomes impossible to do. Even an 8 hour window is really pushing it.

>Also it seems to suggest a ketogenic diet,

That's just the infographic. You can eat any sort of diet with IF.

I'm assuming they suggest cutting out refined carbs because you might get hungry from insulin spikes. If you just eat from say, 12 to 8pm, it's not a problem because you just skip breakfast.