ITT: DYEL detectors

ITT: DYEL detectors

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vWgSTdkc2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Leg press is a superior quad builder to squats.

PLATE-LOADED leg press. Not pin-loaded machine.

Are you sure?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vWgSTdkc2A

>not realizing it's the exact same movement.

Bait thread, but I use this after I finish with barbell exercises

Pic related: a DYEL

I do leg press because my mobility restricts me from doing squats. Will I avoid curlbro look by doing DL, leg press and leg extensions twice a week?

Always see DYELs doing this shit when they can't even flat bench 1.5pl8.

add in cycling and high rep moderate weight calf raises and you'll be good to go

>not realizing front squat is superior for hitting the quads.
Stay dyel

>limits on pin loaded ones
It's alright if you can only do 200 but most I've seen stop at like 230

DYEL detectors:
>wearing jeans in the gym
>wearing a snapback in the gym
>the guy who takes off his shoes to curl and press (srs)
>girls with makeup
>the guy who does the deadlift to clean to press to squat move

Purely for quads, leg press is better than any squat.

The one at my gym goes to 450 I think.

>women wearing make up
>to the gym
Nothing engages me more.

I feel like your just trying to avoid squats at this points. That's fine, your physique is your decision, just stop trying to justify it. Just say you hate squats and love to bench and curl

Fixed that for you

The mirror.

;-;

>they had to take out a calculator to add that shit
These niggas dumb

I don't even leg press you autistic retard. Leg press is a better quad exercise than any squat. If you want a lift only to hit quads and nothing else, you do leg press. Kill yourself.

It's more convenient retard, if you can handle more weight than the pin-loaded machine can reach, use the plate-loaded one. You're basically showing your autism.

What is a front squat

scrawny dudes that come to the gym and proceed to do bicep curls as their main excercise and grunt while slamming the weights around as loudly as possible

this is plate loaded, not pin loaded, you fucking retard

Why do people do this? Dips is by far the superior movement.

A good exercise that doesn't hit quads as well as a leg press.

Thanks friend

You don't need to 'hit' muscles you fucking bb retard. Quads get worked more than sufficiently (and proportionately) from back squats alone.

Agreed. This thread is bait.

Free weights have a place in the gym as well as any machine. I use leg press for isolation, to retrain, out of boredom for a change and when the free weights are being used by others.

The few people who come on here and slate and dish out remarks such as "DYEL Bro's", are the minority attention seeking fags.

>DYEL detected

I once sat on a Lat- pull down machine a few weeks ago. I'm positive I got some states from the gym rats. 3rd month of gym for me. I must have amazing genetics, I feel like my body is better than half the gym, while lifting a fraction of the weight.

Meant to say, Sat BACKWARDS on the machine, for 3 sets

Le isolations are bad meme

At my gym it goes to around 500lbs

Leg press is fine in conjunction with squats. Not a substitute though. You're fucking autismo if you do leg press but no squats

>wears a tanktop
>nothing but bone and muscles
that shit pisses me off. You can tell they work out, but they don't even eat.

>not warming up

Only wore make up once to the gym, never again. The sweat just ruins it

Some dude at my gym is past 2/3/4/5 and he wears a snapback most days

honest dyel detectors:

>combining random movements, like doing lunges with weights then curling them
>weird little ab circuits
>higher rep box jumps at a moderate height
>using the power rack/squat rack to do barbell shrugs with anything less than 3 pl8

I do barbell shrugs with 2 plates in the rack, what else am i supposed to do go to the deadlifting station to do barbell shrugs?

>my sides when I could max one of those out at 500lbs when I could only squat lmao 2pl8.

I'm still amazed at the people I see using it endlessly, never making progress.

Why can't you faggots just support each other instead of telling each other shit?

1.5pl8 bencher detected

>triple extension
>isolation
pick only one retard

>wearing a snapback in the gym

...shit

Is the hip sled the same thing?

just anywhere where you don't stand in the way.

hey fuck you buddy

>rolling shoulders when shrugging

I don't know how this has happened, but every newbie in the gym is doing it now,

NO, FUCK YOU JABRONI

nah fuck you leatherman. figure you and i should settle it right here in the ring if you think youre so tough.

Start working on your flexibility. I started spending 10-15 minutes stretching post workout. It has helped tremendously. A full squat is much more comfortable and easier than before.

LLLLET THE GALAXY BURN!

We already had a thread explaining why that is the superior movement like 3 days ago.

Not like the retard in your picture is doing, but apparently 70% of people don't know how to do shrugs right or some shit.

>durr leg presses are the best!!!
>i dont even leg press

How does feet placement modify what you work when leg pressing? I'm just assuming you're a expert

I missed it -- can you go over it again?

Newfag here, what does DYEL stand for?

How to spot the noob/dyel
>weight lifting gloves
>basketball shorts
>running shoes
>uses a smith machine for any reason
>does cardio
>is in the gym for less than two hours each session

Do you even lift?

>hit 385lbs squat
>slight imbalance due to previously injured knee
>use leg press to even out
>some DYEL comes in after I've done several sets of squats and labels me a DYEL just because I'm using the leg press machine

Even better are Smith squats imo. Well, they have been for me anyway. But i don't feel as accomplished only using the smith so i've started doing actual ones at a lower weight after my main Smith sets. Can't squat quite as much yet, but i intend to gradually get my form on point and work my way up.

Um

You know you can't gain muscle if you don't eat in a surplus, right?

Maybe they just had a really successful cut

I actually saw a legitimate use for a smith machine the other day. Not that it defends using it, but if I can remember it I'll post it.

I think it involved throwing the barbell to train for punching

...Fuckshitfuck.

literally just "meat is for men, bones are for dogs" but in some sort of autistic Veeky Forums version

and his buddy also polo wearing pajeet

dyel?

I shrug 2 plates because shrugging with mixed grip over three 3 plates feels weird

variety is superior.

Muscle confusion!

maybe he's just bored

Fuck off I hate people looking at me because I have an afro.
>nobody gives a shit bout how you look
I've caught at least 50 people staring at my hair
I wear it so you assholes don't stare at me and I can work out in peace

Afros are cool bro

Jewfro here when my hair is at the proper length. Not curly, just volumous and wavy. Hair gainz ftw

Ive never seen one below 400. You're actually talking out of your ass.

>2:43
>Thank god for pure natural strength

One at my gym stops at 200kg.

This user is correct.

Tfw some dyel is struggling at 80kg and I'm next to him doing 180kg on the plate legpress

180kg is still dyel on the leg press.

>basketball shorts
Fuck, I like it and they are comfortable.

I mean I do like the look but people just either Bert stare me and don't focus on there workout sometimes so I have to hide it just so I'm not that guy

Hey fucker, what about those of us who have thoracic spine issues? Are we supposed to not train at all?

M8 I'm progressing, only been two months at gym

There's one where you put one leg back onto a bench parallel to the bar and basically squat with one leg.

A high-test woman at my gym always does it, I tried it once and was actually feeling a good burn in my glutes

Balistic bench for shot put

Do you eat pizza?

how can you be so weak?

on my second month I was repping 25pl8 on leg press.

>25pl8

somehow i don't think you know what a pl8 is

20kg/45lb plate used for barbell training.

>tfw havent gotten a membership at a gym yet and your apartment complex gym has this exact same machine that i've been using for the past week

1pl8 is two 45lb plates total. what you're saying is that you were leg-pressing 2,250 lbs. in your second month, no less. i believe this a lot.

sometimes estatting reaches full retard on Veeky Forums

It's just best to move along

why even bother living?

>2016

>not leg pressing lmao25pl8

dyel?

>why that is the superior movement
b8

Now after he racks all the weight on it, he grabs another leg press machine and stacks it on top and fills that up

He's only been lifting for 6 months too!

I think Rippetoe suggests doing leg presses at full ROM until you get the strength and mobility to start squatting in one of his videos. Too lazy to look it up or verify on my phone, though.

Just say periodization.

>leg press 180kg after two months
Kill yourself.

Guy on my country's national weightlifting team wears a snap back, his max c+j is somewhere between 190 and 200kg, in the 94 class

Where is your god now?

I do 2x8 sets of leg press AFTER I do my 3x5 squats for dat hypertrophy.

I just want them big rugby legs boys.