Can you be humble and self-centered at the same time?

Can you be humble and self-centered at the same time?

Yes. He did it.

It's called being centered.
>Self-confident, stable, and well-balanced.

I hate how if youre proud of yourself and your achievements, people call you arrogant or narcisstic. In this PC culture it's actually wrong to be better at people at things because god forbid you make someone feel insecure over their own shortcomings.

"Your success is a spotlight shining down on their missed opportunities and failures." - Plitta

Fuck the masses.

>Be proud you accomplished something
>People say you're a boaster

Fuck people

BASED
A
S
E
D

Success is a very, very lonely road. Very few people are willing to make the sacrifices and take the pain to be successful. It’s an uphill battle and along that road, you’re not going to see too many friends. You’re going to see your shadow most often. You gotta trust in the heart of hearts – inside that what you’re doing, what you believe in is a worthy cause and a winnable fight. See, the thing is for many people – they’ve tried the same path that you’re on and they failed. As you walk this journey you’re going to see carcasses of people that walked this place. People that didn’t quite have it… And that should inspire you because you got further than that person and that person. But you’re not looking to get further than them, you’re looking to finish. But how do you know you’re on the right path? Where do you go to ensure that?

You talk to your neighbor? No, you don’t talk to him. You say “Hey man, I’m looking to lose some weight. I need some help”. He’s going to encourage you at first saying “Yeah you should, yeah you should” basically insulting your ass and your fat. It’s not support – it’s negative shit. So you start to lose some weight, take some of his advice, you start to get in shape a little bit – maybe at his level now. Then he’s going to start asking questions, his tones’ going to shift as you get better. Then he’s going to start talking shit because what happens is – your success is like a spotlight shining down on their missed opportunities.

Success – many will love you for it. The majority will hate you. Because your success makes them feel insufficient in their current endeavor. Reminds them of how they could’ve done it but came up short and didn’t revisit it, where they went at it and failed and didn’t revisit it again.

The difference between a winner and a loser – the failure is there every time, but the winner gets back up and does it again and again until it goes his way. So now you’re on that path all alone… but how do you know you’re on the right path? How do you know what you’re doing is the right way? If you’re wondering if you’re on the right path – look at the small things in life. When you wash your car and you’re washing for a good hour and you put the hose and everything away and come outside to look at the job you did and notice a spot you missed – what do you do? Do you grab the hose and pull it all out and finish the job right or do you say “nah that’s good enough”? The thing about good enough is we don’t know about what good enough is. We don’t know until the nth hour, the final hour, when everything is on the line. That’s when we find out if that’s enough. And if we come up short – man doesn’t that suck?

I promise you guys if you never say “good enough”, tomorrow you will always have enough. It’s the character of who you are – it’s not the title that makes you, it’s not the success that makes you. It’s the character that defines the success and defines the fame and it starts right there. Championships aren’t won in the theater of the arena. They are won in the thousands of hours of training and the 5 AM runs in the rain when everyone else is sleeping. That’s where it’s won. The heart of a champion is a light switch that’s always on – it doesn’t go on and off when someone’s watching – it’s constant. It’s how you look at something if your name is attached to it – that you do it right – every single time. If you’re dusting your counter tops – do you dust around the picture frame? Or do you pick the mother fucker up and dust the entire thing? Do the job right or don’t do it at all. That’s the same person who has his hand raised on the podium.

That’s the same mother fucker. How you hold yourself in the small things in life build the character winning blocks of the things that we’re remembered for. They are one and one of the same. How you hold yourself and how you see yourself – what do you do when no one’s watching? If you do it then, I guarantee you – you’ll be doing it when everyone is watching.

– Greg Plitt

There's a mental health crisis in the developed world right now and so much of it has to do with this widespread hatred of anyone who is outwardly self-confident.

The crab in the bucket mentality is poisonous and should be avoided at all costs.

Look into Aristotle's golden mean, read Nichomachean Ethics if you're interested. Virtue is the ideal middle ground between excess and deficiency. For this particular virtue, aristotle has this
>Self-expression: Boastfulness Truthfulness Understatement/mock modesty

Being a boastful fuck is obnoxious, but being falsely humble is off putting and disingenuous. Know your capabilities and your limitations and have the confidence to own them

Do you not understand that you cannot induce this mentality?

It's something you acquired at very young age and also only if you were made that way.

I will never be exceptional at anything in life, not sports, not my job, etc.
I can get pretty damn good at anything I pick up, but I never have the motivation not mindsets to truly excel at it.
And that's okay. You just have I accept it.

I'm a lazy fuck and I will study with average grades and probably always work an average 9-5 job.
People around me always tell me that I am so intelligent, that I am a genius and I am truly wasting my potential. All this shit, as if IQ measurements would mean anything or as if IQ is everything.

Mindset is everything, you cannot acquire it. You can force yourself to do things and discipline yourself, but you can never become truly eager if you are not eager to begin with.

But I have other things to enjoy in life.

>Mindset is everything
universal truth
> you cannot acquire it
defeatist bullshit

I just posted the full content of an excerpt...

You're your own crab pulling you down. Fake it till you make it. Lie to yourself at first, literally indoctrinate yourself. Tell bad thoughts to fuck off, and just say things like "I can accomplish anything." You won't believe it at first, but you will slowly begin to, and eventually you will train your psyche to think in terms of positive outcomes.

Seriously write up a paragraph about how awesome you are and how you can do anything. Recite it in the morning when you wake up, and at night before you sleep. Soon you'll know it by heart. Repeat it in your head or while driving. Every human has an inner, faith in how the future will be, how their actions will play out. You have to, and I cannot stress this enough, indoctrinate yourself into actually believing you are invincible.

"Act as though it were impossible to fail."

I've been lifting for couple of years, and I've met a lot of people who have made it in terms of their gains, natty or not, but I have yet to see a humble one that made it. Not that that's a bad thing, but it tells a lot about people now a days.

I need your nudes cheeks

At the same time no, at different parts of your life sure.
During summer i'm a lot more self centered, working on the body. Playing sports. Trying to get laid.
Fluezzys don't want humble, they want Chad.
Some girlfriend's might like humble.

>defeatist bullshit
How so? Have you yourself been able to acquire an eager mindset - from being a lazy fuck?

You see, it's not like i believe that i suck as person or am stupid or whatever.
My strongest ego probably lies within the knowledge or let's say believe that i am a very just person that has a good sense of justice and also a very good amount of empathy.
I'm very good at figuring out logical connections between and analyzing things.

But i realize that i also have very clear weaknesses. I hate asking for favors, it makes me feel insecure and weak to rely on the answer of the person that i ask the favor of. So, putting it a little more general, i probably have some issues with self confidence, in certain scenarios.
And i have no work ethnic. Self induced motivation, i don't have it.

I have a talk in English about some topic today. I had a little over one month to prepare for it, yet i started today.
I'm confident that i will make it just fine. It will most likely even be well above average, given that even in university, my spoken English is still way above others.

However, it's far from what it could be. It was a sloppy preperation, i am missing some data, i am missing a proper Excel design. I haven't polished the sentences i am going to use. They are all average, no fancy or well fitting vocabulary, no methods, just the way i can talk when i need to talk freely.

And I think i am okay with it. I know i could have done better, but forcing myself to do so would have made me feel bad in the process, i guess.

>My strongest ego probably lies within the knowledge or let's say believe that i am a very just person that has a good sense of justice and also a very good amount of empathy.
>I'm very good at figuring out logical connections between and analyzing things.
anyone can claim that

not that guy but yeah. I used to hate working hard and never did anything.

I would force myself to do things and everything felt like a chore, IF i could even get things done (garbage work ethic)

I worked and worked at improving my outlook on going to work and accomplishing things, and now I can say while I may not enjoy going to work some days, I do enjoy working.

The main thing you have to remember if you want to improve is that
1. it will take a long time
2. it is very easy to feel like you have made no progress at all, since the changes are so gradual.

for a sense of time, it took me a full year

I know you do bb

Who cares who claims what, i don't care if you believe me or not.
I believe it and that is what matters.

Hm. I have the hardest time with learning/studying things. I don't mind actual work. I just have an incredibly hard time forcing myself to concentrate on studying.
You could strip me off everything and i would still get distracted by the fucking pencil, literally. I often find myself staring the wall instead of doing what I'm supposed to do.
That's what i meant when i said that i believe that i cannot be truly good at anything. Because i just don't want it, even if i force myself to it.

Maybe you have adhd and need meds.

You are talking about mediocrity.

if you make it... and your humble about it, then stick with it. The avg person doesn't think about being the first person to do something, they usually follow the crowd, so don't be a cocky bastard and you're all good in the hood. I personally don't usually care(obviously I do a bit), I do like to start trends than follow them, but I'm a quiet type and the avg guy ain't like that, just accept the truth and you good.