Lean vs. Swole

Alright lets try and put aside our dysmorphic autistic minds for one second and consider this...
Which is better, being lighter and leaner or heavier with higher bf and stronger?

Personal choice, just interested in people's thoughts.

Settle an debate for me Veeky Forums.

Being higher bf and stronger is better for your ego/manliness.

For girls and feeling good being leaner is far better but only if you have some muscle to work with.

Heavier, no one can six your six pack in a shirt but your bigger so mires and respect are better. Plus you can rip and tear. Doom guy is ideal male physique

I'd rather be leaner. To tell you the truth I don't give a shit about my strength. Well to an extent.

The fact that I have lifted 3 times a week for a year means I'm stronger than a large majority of people. So that's fine with me I dont have to be the strongest guy in the room.

Bitch I just want to look good.

>Hah! Is that even a question?! My superior light build and agility affords me an advantage in combat that a big, lumbering brute could never have. Watch this!
>*teleports behind you and cuts you in half*
>hehe, nothing personnel, kid...

Lighter and leaner, life expectancy is priority.

Both
/Fraud/ FTW

That guy on the right would win over girls before the three on the left, for sure.

That being said, I think more girls prefer the 3 on the left because that's usually how men are presented in the media.

Twigs need not apply, though. Having lean muscle and being skinny are 2 different thing entirely.

Because he's taller. A tall lean guy with a hot face would beat all 4.

leaner

this is an example pic, that guy is obviously a fucking giant.
Picture the same guy, now make him bigger in your ead, now make him leaner. that is the question: which is better?

girls generally dig me even at 15-20% bf but my face doesnt get that fat so it might be individual. Im also tall and decent looking so theres that. Girls will love abs but not if youre stringy every where else. If i go under 12% I start to lose the fullness (thickness) Ive been told.

that's the thing, i'm at the end of a slow lean bulk and sitting at around 10-11%bf, so i could either focus on size still or lose some to get leaner

When I was swole, people asked me if I lift, or run, or swim, or bike, or do triathlon, or climb, or do taekwondo (friendly reminder, TKD superheavyweights are 85+ kg) or do calisthenics.

Now I'm 15kg heavier and people don't even ask, they presume I can bench at least 300 and 'pick up' at least 450lbs.
Which I can. And more.

I look big and strong and I'm stronger than I look.
I wouldn't trade that for protruding veins.
Maybe some day I'll also have vascularity on top of vascularity visible, but that'll be after I'm 35 and my balls won't care about me getting pinned.

I would say fk girls and do what you want. They can either take it or leave as you are

i don't lift for girls, that's for faggots

>when I was swole
I was fucking lean, not swole.
I was the opposite of swole - I needed to be shirtless and moving for people to be amazed.

Big. I have a barrel chest, big traps, and big delts, so when I'm bigger they pop out so much and make me look really big in shirts. Plus I have to limit myself to social things if I want to get lean af, and I'd rather be able to drink and have fun

depends

young men look better with greek statue sort of physiques, good upper bodies, no exaggerated quads or anything like that which is popular these days, like strong ottermode is a solid goal for a young man

once you get older (30+ maybe) then husbando mode reigns supreme, in order to make full use of dad strength

I'd rather be swole than lean being big feels nicer and I get to eat more stuff that I like

being lean would just appease girls and not to mention it would affect my lifts so fuck that

>(friendly reminder, TKD superheavyweights are 85+ kg

Boxing heavyweights are 90+ iirc.

Such is life for non-roiders.

Yep.

I like being lean (currently 6.5% bf at 80.5kg / 6'2") and I don't even lift for girls.

I just really like how my current body looks way more than thicker/juicier bodies.

Sure I lose out on not being intimidating, but I still more mascular than ~97% of men and I'm already bigger than anyone I come into contact with in my professional career.

Lol tall people look so stupid next to normal people

No one can even see the manlets in that pic only the tall guy is even relevant.

Heavy with higher bf. Last year I finally went down the lean route and I honestly don't think it's worth it. I got decent abs and looked way better in (shirtless) pics but other than that I was smaller, weaker and less confident. Not to mention the restrictive diet. Started my bulk a couple months ago and I'm already feeling better.

depends what you want or what youre lifting for. like if youre lifting for aesthetics youd probably wanna be light and lean.

Swole without getting a belly. Looks good with no shirt, looks way better than a lean dude with a shirt. Also, strong and more freedom in terms of diet and free time.

Is right natty?

To be fair he only lost because he got stupid

I couldn't say, he is 6footfucking7 (i checked) but that makes it all the more impressive when you think about how massive he actually has to be to look big in relation to his frame

I know bear mode is better, but as recovering fat fuck I'm kinda scared, thus I'm going for otter mode. If I ever stop seeing a muscle group I'll notice it and won't allow myself to get fat.

Will have to live in conversant fear I guess

i lift for faggots too
feels good to know i'm not alone lol

>Which is better

It really only depends on your personal goals, so there isn't really any debate to be had.

Personally, I find the overly lean look to be a little much. The guys in your pic are fine, but once you get much more lean than that I find it really strange looking/alien. I think visible striations are gross.

10%-15% bf is probably fine.

That's a bad example. Viper whooped his ass the entire fight, if he wasn't a cocky dumbass he woulda killed him with ease.

>Guys in the pic are fine
>15% bodyfat is fine

LOL

heavier and stronger is good for amogging other guys and targetting a niche of women that prefer that. but other than that, there's not much bonuses

>Brock's finger is longer than the side of your flexed arm

I only want to be lean if I have a ton of muscle because that way I'd still be big

>Leveling dex

I have some bad news user

WEE WUZZ KANGS N SHIIEET

After being both heavier with a BF of 18% and lean with a BF of 9% i can say overall the leaner physique turns more heads.
Personally i didn't feel as good at a higher BF than i was at 9%. At 9% i was feeling more light and energetic.
Overall i'd say that nowadays a perfect physique would be an ascended ottermode at 8-10%.

>tippytoe trifecta

6'1 220lbs at 15.8% bodyfat here and girls prefer me at this size. Not too much gathers on my face but can grow a dynamite beard and have a square jaw.

this thread is just people looking for excuses staying fat