I look at the giant-sized calorie label, and I picture the FDA screaming in America's face "READ THIS, YOU FAT FUCKS!"

I look at the giant-sized calorie label, and I picture the FDA screaming in America's face "READ THIS, YOU FAT FUCKS!"

Do you think the message will stick?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/01/explained-the-actual-difference-between-sugar-and-high-fructose-corn-syrup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, but it'll make it easier for me to read at least.

this

>Per serving

Why not per 100g or something?

This.

>cups
>glasses
>servings
>stones
>pebbles
>fistfulls

>Do you think the message will stick?
>average person
>reading
>ever

Fuck off eurocuck

kekorino

calories meme never worked because people dismiss the concept of amount per serving and serving size

Per 100 makes no sense for a lot of things

Would you rather know how much sodium is in 100g of soy sauce or in 1 tablespoon?

Top bantz

I bloody hate squinting to find the damn calories. So this is actually pretty awesome.

10/10

only thing that was worth changing was including the added sugars. everything else is simply pointless

>It's all in percentages or estimates

Shit. Just have what's in it on the back of the box

From my understanding they're (hopefully) revamping serving sizes.

Moving away from "unreasonable sizes" (Like 1/2 a soda bottle being a serving)

Hopefully they actually hit that mark

This isn't going to do a fucking thing. The issue isn't that people can't fucking read (seriously wtf?) its that people have no idea what real nutrition is.

90% of people don't even believe in calories in calories out. I just asked my mom about government control of diet info and she started spouting off on metabolism. The amount of disinformation and fad diets is so large that nobody has any idea what a "good" diet even is.

We should make dietary misinformation illegal, the public health consequences are too great. Movements like HAES are protected from criticism because nobody has any idea what the fuck a diet should be.

Just tell people Calories in calories out, get at least x macros, and get vitamins. That's all they fucking need, 95% of people are never going to look for the truth themselves, they follow the herd, ergo model the herd after the 5% of virtuous people. Not off of the lies of capitalists.

>We should make dietary misinformation illegal

Devil's advocate: how can you decide what's misinformation if so many things aren't proven? You'd be left with basically just the recommended amount of calories and that's already loosely applied.

Wow. 45% of daily iron intake in _one_ serving. What product is this?

Modern dietary science has gotten the important shit down. The limits of dietary science are only important to professional athletes or athletic hobbyists. The average person doesn't need to know whether 1g/lb optimizes gainz. And If they do, they can look for the information online.

Tell people these 4 things
>Calories in calories out
>Macros
>Eat some fruits and veggies every day
>Drink water

This would improve 95% of the population's dietary knowledge. Here's an excerpt from this article: washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/01/explained-the-actual-difference-between-sugar-and-high-fructose-corn-syrup/

>""The scientific consensus is that there's almost no nutritional difference between [corn syrup and sugar]... That last point, though it might be true of the scientific community, is hardly the sentiment among consumers, who have proved increasingly dubious of the cheaper, lab-crafted version of sugar."

People know nothing. When will this democratic nightmare end?

It makes sense when you weigh what you eat instead of trusting the label 100%

Great step in the right direction. Can we also stop the bullshit of allowing companies to mark a product as zero calories if it's under ten calories a serving? I'm not sure if ten and under is the exact cutoff, regardless it's bullshit. Four servings of a supposed "zero calorie" product shouldn't actually be forty some odd calories.