Razor

What's the best shaving product for face? (mustache, beard etc)

I'm so sick of conventional razors with rubber strips that wear off after the third use, so you pretty much need a new cartridge after 3 shaves.
I tried buying a 150$ razor as in picrelated, but it sucks in comparison to conventional razors (such as gillette fusion), it just I feel like I'm trying to stick out the hairs, ya know?
Is there a better shave tool? I wouldn't mind paying 500$ for a razor, if it means I wouldn't have to keep buying stupid cartridges, because the owners have deliberately designed strips to wear off quickly.

Also, what do you shave with?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/blogpost/fuck-everything-were-doing-five-blades-11056
badgerandblade.com/
badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/490363-SOTD-Free-Week-May-16-22-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=UjAZnGeBcgg
fendrihan.com/collections/shaving
beautyinfo.in/are-hair-removal-creams-safe/
zafirro.com
amazon.com/Classic-Samurai-Stainless-Professional-Straight/dp/B00O9NCCBO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hair removal cream. Works wonders.

Buy a wellmade, inexpensive straight razor and a leather strop... Its what i use and you almost never have to buy a new one...

You know the "rubber" strip is just a gimmick right? With proper gel/foam it's pointless - the razor is still good until it goes blunt.

Why in the fuck did you buy a DE razor for $150? There's barely any difference between a $30 one and anything more expensive. DE shaving is supposed to save you money, not cost more.

>current year
>still shaving

Beards are in

>implying I shave

nigro trim the thing

can't use on balls, the cream will penetrate deep into your skin, and mix with your sperm inside balls, in the end it'll alter the genome of your spermatozoa and you'll end up with fucked up offspring
is it better than conventioan gilette fusions?
do you have a link to amazon/ebay?

but I do notice the difference with the strip, and when it's tore down

good quality product always costs more

I don't have poorfag mentality

how about moustaches and other facial hair on the cheeks?

I thought it was only good for niggers

There's no difference between a 2/3 blade razor and one with 5 blades, or one with only 1.

Every single test ever made on the subject has always shown that no matter the amount of blades, the first one touching your beard takes like 95% of the hairs and then has to be unclogged, while the others don't do shit aside irritating your skin without shaving anything.

The only difference between brands you should care about is blade sharpness, and how long it stays sharp. That's it.

Balm strips do nothing if you're using a foam already, and multiple blades are gillette's desperate attempt at looking like they have new things coming out, even though razor design reached its perfect form like 100 years ago already.

use a strop on your gillete, it will get you a few extra shaves.

>can't use on balls, the cream will penetrate deep into your skin, and mix with your sperm inside balls, in the end it'll alter the genome of your spermatozoa and you'll end up with fucked up offspring

source..? Have i cursed myself? Is this reversible?

Fuck

>is it better than conventioan gilette fusions?
>do you have a link to amazon/ebay?
don't listen to user. For a novice, a straight razor is too much of an investment in terms of honing, stropping, oiling and the care.

Just buy a RiMei Safety Razor a few packs of blades and you are set for $5 vs >$200 for the whole straight razor kit.

And yes, anything is better than Gilette Fusion.

Calm down, it's complete bullshit.
Hair removal cream works by breaking down the superficial texture of skin.

If it could actually get inside your balls you'd know because it would be boring holes into your sack.

>can't use on balls, the cream will penetrate deep into your skin, and mix with your sperm inside balls, in the end it'll alter the genome of your spermatozoa and you'll end up with fucked up offspring

Does it make you retarded if you use it on your face? That might explain you.

>2016
>not using a merkur 34c safety razor with a double edge derby blade
>not using prorasso shaving cream or soap with a prorasso omega brush

You even researched this shit brah? Go buy all that, won't cost you more than £60 or $100 or whatever, and some decent aftershave. Replacements blades work out at like 5 pence each when buying in bulk.

the razor in your picture work great for me, blades are really fucking cheap also

theonion.com/blogpost/fuck-everything-were-doing-five-blades-11056

which is a good DE shaving tool then?

>needing a new cartridge after three uses
Umm, stop letting your hairs grow that long? Also, get better shaving cream. I only change mine once every 3 months, and I also use mine for shaving certain other body parts.

it's too cheap, I wouldn't mind paying 500$ for a good razor tool. Do you have any good ones in mind?

Shitty safety razors.
There's a reason why they're the most popular choice of shaving tools on the planet, and it's not just because they're cheap.

"It's expensive so it must be good" doesn't always ring true.

I just use soap.

Get an electric razor.

Safety razors seem so hard to use

Buying an electrical razor device is bollocks, picrelated.

You'd have to meticulously shave every spot on your skin in order to get a clean shave.

DE razor + Blades + Cream is about 60$ and lasts for a year

How so?
Just pass them over the skin (without pressing down, just glide over your beard), then use your fingers to unclog the blades (Or hit the razor agains the edge of the sink) every time it stops working.

Idk, man. It scares me a lil' bit.

But how
They're safety razors
They're literally made to make it impossible for you to hurt yourself
The only way it can hurt you is if you irritate the skin by going again and again over the same area, and it's still less irritating than a classic-type razor would be.

You're killing me dude. You know that some stuff is literally marketed more expensive because people who have expensive mentalities will buy them more often, right?

My advice, if you don't mind dropping some dosh, want something that won't kill your skin, will be quick, and will be a reasonably close shave is just get an electric razor. I have some Philips thing, I forget which model, and it works amazingly.

Well, okay then. I'll try to to buy one of these.
They're hard to find here where I live.
What about shaving cream? Does it matter?

I do one run, flip the razor and do another run over the same spot. Hit the razor in the sink and repeat.

Electric razors aren't for close shaves, they're for maximum convenience and speed at the expense of quality.

>"The difference visible to the naked eye is little or none,"
"and the difference felt by someone kissing is more likely to be imagined than real"
Nigga did you even read the picture

Get a Dovo Solingen razor and send it to a honemeister to have it sharpened, while at it order a strop so you can align the edge between shaves.

You can not skip the honing step because straight razors are never shave ready from the factory.

The lather you shave with makes a big difference too. But a badger or synthetic brush and a proper shave soap like Arko or Proraso.

>this whole thread
Le art of manliness straight razor
Still won't help with the ladies.
See you back on the real /r9k/

beards make you look lazy and insecure. clean shaven with a strong jawline is ideal. if you dont have a good jawline you had better be jacked

Hello OP here's my run down of it from having a $25 DE butterfly safety razor for about a month and a half.

I really enjoy my shaves now, it's almost because I'm putting effort into it for whatever reasons I wasn't to before. It's enjoyable to shop for alternatives to major retailer brand name shaving cream and accessories. Using Acca Kappa (kek) White Moss currently.

>not using one of those fancy bowls and brushes

seems pricey for an increase in lather.

>refills are literally 2 dollars for 5 blades 99% of the time, you can get 100 Rockwell blades for something like $13

Shaves are close and once you understand the method of light to no pressure and letting the blade do the work you end up with whatever level of hair remaining/none at all you want. I keep a little stubble because I enjoy the chin/jaw definition. If you are a hairy person I would advise getting some preshave oil and advise anyone going this route to get post shave balm. Moisturizers and etc are extra pampering, you'll start to like it. You will probably cut yourself the first few times, your face will begin to adapt to being run along with a blade rather than idiot proof cartridge razors.

Enjoy

Yeah, razor culture is as cringy as beard culture, ironically enough
When the cheapest option is also the best one, companies have to start making shit up to still turn a profit, and this 'culture' is the result.

For a cartridge razor, I usually get a week out of the blades. For a DE (your pic) it's more like 3 shaves before I can notice the difference. I also own 2 straight razors and while they do give a fantastic shave (after a steep learning curve) they are a lot of work to maintain. I use them when I need to cut a 3+ days beard.

I also have a Panasonic electric that I use when traveling. You really need to shell out a lot for a good electric shaver (over 200).

You can browse Badger and Blades Forum: badgerandblade.com/
Lots of advices and genuine info but also lots of circle-jerking around obscure items and expensive lotions... Just look at this page: badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/490363-SOTD-Free-Week-May-16-22-2016

I suggest that you really review your technique. If you feel like replacing your fizion blade after 3 shaves, there is a serious problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=UjAZnGeBcgg

Bump for my favorite shaving store: fendrihan.com/collections/shaving

I have tons of shaving equipment... I will never use all of it in a lifetime.

removes all hair, only have to charge it once every few months.

the biggest mistake people make when using these is that they apply too much pressure. you have to let it glide softly then it works better

negroooo, do you think anybody will check your beard with a microscope? wtf is wrong with this inbred

I have a tiny trimmer to get the long hair out and then pass with a phillips for the short hair. Gives a pretty good finish but I'm going to try DE just to see how it is.

This is what pisses me off about the multiblade razors. They get clogged so easily. Safety razor masterrace.

yeah i was thinking the same, seems fun. the model i posted has a small trimmer attached on the backside, its handy.

the knives barbers use might be nice too

In Shock camp we shaved every day with what think were Bic single blades and got new ones maybe twice a week. Sharp as fuck and I wonder if I could geta box for cheap somewhere.
I got a 12 pack of fusions and those are decent, I can stretch a cartridge for 2 or 3 months easy but then again I don't shave every day, just preheat with warm water to soften and clean between strokes under cold water.

My phillips has a trimmer too but it sucks dick and my long hair gets caught in it all the time. Maybe it's just too dull but I have the other single purpose trimmer that's really fantastic with long hair anyway.

I'm not sure I'd try straight edge razors though even if they look cool. Some guy higher up said they were high maintenance, is that really so? I'd expect this kind of blade to last a while.

Yep, Unless you shave everyday, your multiblade will be a frustrating experience.

I use electric. Because no one notices the difference.

Get an epilator instead.

Exactly. Even when I feel a little scruffy in the afternoon, nobody would notice (I asked)

Laughing at all of you because I have aloepeshia.

I switched from cartridge razor to the safety razor. I got double edge razor with 30 packs of razors, Shaving stick, and badger brush for like 42 dollars on amazon.

I know there's a cringe scene behind it like but if you don't a shit about that then go for it. It's cheaper and i feel like I enjoy shaving more when i do it.

>OP was too stupid to buy a 40$ safety razor and a couple packs of blades
>Wants to pay 500$ for a good razor
This almost unbelievable to me

i use the cheapest disposable razor but i just got some shaving oil from amazon. Shit makes my skin flawless with no razor bumps or ingrown hairs afterwords.

All the greatness of a straight razor with none of the maintenance work

Bro I bought a similar one in pic for 20 dollars off amazo'n

Bought 100 razors for refills, the razor even came with 20 blades

Assuming 3 clean shaves each side before it gets even remotely dull, shaving every 3 days before flipping the blade, I'm getting 180 perfect, painless, clean shaves for 20 dollars

With the set of 100 I bought for 11 dollars, I get 900 more

If you can't shave with that thing, you are exactly the type of person expensive razors were made for

It takes some degree of experience to use a razor like in your pic, but it only requires you know the grain for each part of your face so you don't irritate the fuck out of it

First shave straight down, second shave against grains, simple as that and your face feels like wet glass

If you're too autistic for that, try Harry's shaving, I order a refill kit from them every 6 months for like 10 bucks, shaving cream which is nice and smells good, and a cheap 2 blade safety razor for days I can't get a proper shave on if I'm in a rush

SilverTone / ReMei / Sodial razor. It has a shitload of names, but it's basically a clone of the Gillette Tech.

Throw in a 'sample pack' of blades, because different blades cut differently, and you'll want to experiment to find your favourite.

Buy some shaving soap, and learn to properly build a lather.

At like $10 for a year or so, this is the cheapest way to shave. Ignore anyone else, they want to to waste your money on straight razors and similar memes.

Eurofag here, best decision I made was shaving with a DE razor. I tend to keep a short beard, but still shave it once every few months.
-DE safety razor 25 euros
-Shaving soap+badger brush 15 euros
-box of razors (25 razors) 3 euros

It also looks awesome just standing around in the bathroom.

Why not just use this hair removal cream?

Probably only have to use it weekly. Seems really convenient. I think I'm going to try it. Pain in the ass to shave every 24 hours.

the smell

>people using hair removal creams on a regular basis develop hyper pigmentation (dark patches on skin) after some years.
>beautyinfo.in/are-hair-removal-creams-safe/
>nope nope nope

i don't think thats good for your skin, i really wouldn't do that man

>150$ razor as in picrelated
dude what? My whole setup with a safety razor was about $40.

>it looks awesome
>I shave once every few months

This is what you don't understand, you don't shave every day or every other day. If you did you'd ditch that hipster thrash on the first nick or cut because it's not worth it.

I know because I fell for the meme just to drop it and go back to (I'm not shilling or merely pretending) the smoothest shave with Mach3 and some shaving gel. I don't even think about shaving now, I just do it.

For a newbie is better a shavette and some quality blades.
I bought one and a pack of ten merkur blades for 15 eurobucks.
He'll probably fuck both the blade of a pure razor and his face.

>do you think anybody will check your beard with a microscope?

If you're feeling ritzy, zafirro.com
For your common sapphire blade razor. New low price of like $200. Was a couple thousand a few years back.

I use this. Solid construction, dirt cheap and amazing shaves every time.

That said, it takes a little getting used to.

I forgot the link.

amazon.com/Classic-Samurai-Stainless-Professional-Straight/dp/B00O9NCCBO

I got a DE razor for 25€, and I buy a big pack of razors online every time I run out.

Shit is so cheap I can literally shave with a brand new razor every time.

>and the difference felt by someone kissing is likely to be more imagined than real
>someone kissing me more imagined than real

This guy knows what's up, OP.
Get a good shaving cream or soap, a brush to mix it/lather it with, and don't have a dry face. Either take a warm shower first, or cover your face with a warm wet towel for a minute or two. Proceed to lather on your soap or cream, richly. Let it work for thirty seconds to a minute, then shave. Don't be a pussy, apply some force, but not so much that you start bleeding. When done, rinse your face in cold water, gently pat it dry, and apply your after shave balm to keep your skin from irritating. If you have a beard or a moustache, now is where you oil that.

Proraso is OK, Shiseido is OK, Truefitt and Hill is OK.

For face: DE razor
For dick and balls and asshole (no homo): Gillette Mach 3

There's a difference between just hovering the razor near your taint and going full retard and shaving everything.

>hipster thrash
>implying

Have you had, ummm, issues, with intimate shaving with a DE razor? I'm asking because I'm of a mind to get one for that purpose, as I daren't use my shavette there.

Really got tired of shitty 3 blades razors going to shit after the second or third use, DE shaving feels better and is cheaper in the end, especially since you get packs of 100 blades for a few bucks. Looking into it also taught me how to shave properly, using a pre-shave cream and an alum block, which really do make a difference on the skin, sensation-wise.

Only downside is the whole fedora routine takes more time and I wouldn't risk doing it in the shower, so I still keep pleb shaving equipment in the shower for when I'm in a rush or too lazy. I don't mind throwing them away after a couple of uses anymore, since I use them rarely.

What iI use
>Proraso soap
>Proraso pre-shaving cream (also use as post)
>Merkur 34C
>Jagger badger
>Astra blades
>Alum block, I really recommend using one

>Proraso soap
$10
>Proraso pre-shave cream
$13
>Merkur 34C
$33
>Brush
$48
>Alum
$6
>Astra blade
$10

In total it's about $120.

Compared to
>Mach 3, 15 cartridges
$28
>Fusion shave gel pack of 6x7oz
$22
>Generic brand aftershave
$5
Total $55.

And you don't have to soak everything in vinegar every 7 days to keep it sterile or wash your brush in acid to get rid of the bacteria and fungi.

how the fuck do you shave your balls and asshole with a fucking manual razor

>I tried buying a 150$ razor as in picrelated
I bought mine for $2 and it does a wonderful job,
maybe 50c for blades that I get like 3 shaves out of.

good shit

>im low test though

Brush can be bought cheaper.

>>Astra blade
>$10
For 100, costs less than 20 for a full year

>Mach 3, 15 cartridges
>$28 for 15
Which will end up costing you >100-200 for a full year... which is the whole reason blade companies invented disposable cartridges

Soap also seems to last forever, compared to shaving gel/foam.

I shave about 3 times a week, that's 10 shaves per cartridge.

I was just making the remark that you didn't go into the meme shave business for the sake of not spending a lot of money if you can splurge $120 for something that gives a subpar shave.

Not the guy you're asking, but what I do is that I give it a buzz with a trimmer, down to 3mm, before I go to town with plenty of foam and a disposable razor. It's much better than using an electric razor, since it doesn't tug on the hairs.

>too reatarded to use a DE razor for a clean shave

good creams de users use?

used prorasso in the past, now I'm trying out the arko soap tubes. Kinda like the arko better than, but I'm looking to switch it up for a while.

Dollar shave club is all you need Op.

>sensitive skin
>beard grows in multiple directions and makes twists and turns

Why would any high test male want to shave? Are you a nu-male OP?

Can you homos read? I don't use DE on my crotch and shit. Strictly FACE, NECK, and CHIN only. And sideburns.

>beard grows in multiple directions and makes twists and turns

This truly is suffering.

I have to grid my face into like 28 sections to do a clean shave.

For some reason disposable blades are taxed to hell in my country so it's not economically viable so I'm stuck with DE.

>Arko

Works great, I use arko stick sometimes but I get really dry skin if I use it even with lotions, it's weird.

I've never had an issue with cheap disposable 3 blade razors. Cheap 2 blade razors just fuck my shit right up, even when perfect with my shave form (hot shower, hot water face cloth, going slowly and with the grain)

This, though I buy the smaller pucks of soap instead of shaving sticks. For razor blades I buy Shark, but it probably doesn't matter much as long as you're not using shitty convenience store generics

Colonel Conk is really good.

3 blades should be harsher than 2 on your skin? You're just dragging more blades across it

Maybe it's the angle of the blades or the fact that usually the three blades are smaller. I find three blades they smoothly cut with less pressure.