Constantly read that lifting in basketball shorts is a faux-pas

>Constantly read that lifting in basketball shorts is a faux-pas
>Go to store, all I see are bball-type shorts
>So wtf am I supposed to wear? Please include pics.

DO WEAR
basketball shorts
sweatpants
1/2 tights

DO NOT WEAR
shorts over tights
jeans
running shorts

Veeky Forums unironically thinks wearing yoga pants and superhero t shirts to do their epic squats is cool. ask Veeky Forums or something

It's not a fashion show. Wear whatever as long as it's not something blatantly dumb like jeans.

try running shorts or anything that cuts right above the knees

unless you're some basketball american or a fat slob you should

never

ever

wear basketball shorts (unless they cut above the knee)
you'll thank me later

you're retarded,and this is coming from somebody who actually works in a gym.

U guys wanna hash this out?

Must be an American thing or something

Everywhere I've been basketball shorts are like the standard "I picked the first kind of shorts I could find to exercise" attire

>he fell for the meme

just wear the fucking basketball shorts or whatever shorts you want, for fuck sake guys

Wear shorts that are cut off above the knee doesn't matter how high up or low just as long as it doesn't go past your knees. You can also wear joggers or regular sweatpants. And for shirts just wear any old t shirt

Wear anything that's comfortable and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. I go with loose-ish shorts that end above the knee.

There is a special place in hell for people who spend any amount of time caring about what others are thinking of them.

I personally wouldn't wear them as they'd get in the way while squatting, but if they don't or you don't squat then wear whatever the fuck you want, senpai.

Basketball shorts are the best
Compression ahit is for weak faggots
Sweats are for old men and bums
Jeans and polos are for pajeets in the streets

The only people I see that wear basketball shorts have no legs

you work at a gym
you may see people walk in an out but you ever ask yourself what makes a person pleasing to the eye vs "this guy is a slob"

you look at the proportions of their clothes and how they fit.

just how fat are you? basketball shorts are really really flexible and have so much slack,i could squat for triple rom with them if my joints could handle it.
i found the fatty,lets see you

>just as long as it doesn't go past your knees
why?

i dont pay much attention to peoples' clothes,i just make sure they wear shoes that are suitable for a gym enviroment (sport shoes and not muddy or very dirty) and suitable clothing (no rigid jeans)

DO NOT WEAR
>running shorts
why?

t-thats for black people

this guy get it

grow the fuck up men.
the faster you realize you if and when you wear shorts they should cut above the fucking knees you'll one day learn a thing or two about dressing like a grown up

>not having joocy quads to show off
DYEL
Y
E
L

cause they're too short for lifting and nobody wants to see your hairy balls dangling when you squat and dumbbell lunge

>taking advice from Veeky Forums
let me guess you're doing ss

hey are you guys retarded i am

Virus/2xu leggings

some shitty champion sweatpants cut into shorts is god teir comfy, baggy sweats are good, just basic gym shorts that dont go past your knees short shorts if you can rock em

...the Schutzstaffel?

Most running shorts have compression leggings underneath

At least mine do

LEGGINGS

went in there with jeans and hat once cause i didn't want to go back home to change. Did my regular workout, no one gave a fuck

>shorts over tights
why tho.

cause he's gay

Small flaccid dick visible through tights but still enjoy the feeling of the compression.

Dope

>not lifting in your underwear

muay thai shorts

Seriously though my favorite shorts to workout in are Old Navy mesh shorts. Cheap, flexible, and aren't super long.

>they're too short for lifting
have you ever tried squatting? Most bball shorts are too long for lifting properly

>Old Navy mesh shorts
literally just bought two pairs of these. Gonna go buy a 3rd pair tomorrow, they're the fucking GOAT