Are Jews the longest continuing identity?

Are Jews the longest continuing identity?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay–Sachs_disease
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy
jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12391-proselyte
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_people
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope, Americans are.

The French are eternal

In terms of longest contiguous cultural group that has not drastically changed, yes

Jews outlive everybody and are in fact their strongest position ever today. Really remarkable for a 4,000 year old culture.

*posts an Italian*

Americans aren't born user, they are made.

cough cough arabs cough cough

What about Hindus?

That's a good question actually. I would guess that Persian or Greek culture is older, but I'm not sure.

>Are Jews the longest continuing identity?
jew is not a race and those people arent related to hebrews

they may be arabs, slavs, germanics, iberians, greeks, etc

pic related, germanic convert to judaism

i bet you are so stupid that you are going to tell me this girl is semitic and hebrews looked like that

>Italian-Americans are italian when I say so and american when they say so

lmao

WE

pic related is a Samaritan woman. she looks whiter than most Ashkenazi Jews. she has blue eyes and red hair. Samaritans are the gold standard for what ancient Israelites looked like.

Along with Samaritans

Nope, Assyrians are

I would like to mention that since the disuse of "Roman" in Eastern Europe, they/we are among the only ones using the Christian name for their nation from Late Antiquity as the principal name for themselves.

Debunked by genetig

Maya

>jew is not a race
It is an ethnicity though you fucking cock slobbering kike.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay–Sachs_disease

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews

I find it amusing when people who go down the checklist marking every sign of a shit user still post links and arguments like anyone is going to read their post. And here I thought you guys were only pretending to be retarded.

To be fair though it's only because Jews are heavily larping as their ancient ancestors. Modern "Jews" are mostly geman convertites who think they belong to the ancient tribes. Hebrew was dead 100 years ago and was brought back by those northern europeans thinking they are from the middle east. So in a sense yes, but also in a sense no because there is not really an uninterrupted line of unchanged jewish identity. It would be like Italians starting to speak ancient latin again and then saying "look we totally the same as romans".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy

:^)

Han are, Hànzì inscriptions can be found on Egyptian monuments.

kek

Who care Jesus probably looked more like this. I call bullshit on a genetics test until I actually see one and will bet on them having been Ottomanized and by extent Romaninzed.

>It would be like Italians starting to speak ancient latin again and then saying "look we totally the same as romans".
by the time of cicero even the patricians weren't speaking in classical latin.

Cultural revolutioned as fuck

Ottoman? You mean Turk, right?

Same old shit.

so called jews
This statement refers to Emperor Domitian's last years, two decades after Jerusalem's fall. It shows that throughout the Roman empire Judaism had made inroads upon the pagan religions. Latin writers furnish evidence corroborating this. It is true that Tacitus ("Hist." iv. 5) is anxious to convey the impression that only the most despicable elements of the population were found among these converts to Judaism; but this is amply refuted by other Roman historians, as Dio Cassius (67, 14, 68), Cicero ("Pro Flacco," § 28), Horace ("Satires," i. 9, 69; iv. 142), and Juvenal (xiv. 96).

>these converts to Judaism

Among converts of note are mentioned the royal family of Adiabene—Queen Helena and her sons Izates and Monobazus ("Ant." xx., ch. 2-4), Flavius Clemens (Dio Cassius, l.c.), Fulvia, the wife of Saturninus, a senator (Philo, "Contra Flaccum," ed. Mangey, ii., § 517; "Ant." xiii. 9, § 1; 11, § 3). Women seem to have predominated among them (Josephus, "B. J." ii. 20, § 2; "Ant." xviii. 3, § 5; Suk. 23; Yer. Suk. ii. 4; 'Ab. Zarah 10; comp. Grätz, "Die Jüdischen Proselyten im Römerreiche," Breslau, 1884; Huidekoper, "Judaism in Rome").

> the royal family of Adiabene

In Palestine, too, proselytes must have been both numerically and socially of importance. Otherwise the Tannaim would have had no justification for discussing their status and the conditions of their reception... Herod, a descendant of the Idumeans whom John Hyrcanus had compelled to embrace Judaism—a fate shared later by the Itureans ("Ant." xiii. 9, § 1; xv. 7, § 9; comp. xiii. 9, § 3)

>Herod, a descendant of the Idumeans whom John Hyrcanus had compelled to embrace Judaism—a fate shared later by the Itureans

jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12391-proselyte

Also there is no mention of 'Jew' anywhere in translations of bible pre say 17th century.

Aren't as old or at least there is no historical documentation since their lands where not a part of the cradle of civilization.
But since Judea was located between Babylon and Egypt we have more knowledge about them then the Arabs yet we still can't be sure.

same shit

I believe old Jews looked more like the Greeks of that time.

What is this meme about Jews supposedly not being Jews just because they are converts from 800 years ago?

They're an ethnoreligious group too.

Wait, so if a super Aryan Ubermensch for some sort of reason decided to be a Jew he suddenly becomes greedy and grows a nose ?

No way are they converts from 8 centuries ago. If that was the case you would expect Jews to be identical genetically to their host populations, but somewhat distinct due to endogamy.

Instead they are more similar to eastern mediterranean populations. Autosomally, as well as by their uniparental markers.

No, but what would happen is that since Jews inter-marry, his offspring would carry more Jewish DNA over time.

This is literally what you see with Ashkenazi Jews. They have European ancestry because they had children with European converts to Judaism, but they also carry older DNA from Levant.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_people

>The ancestors of the hunter-gatherer San people are considered to have been the first inhabitants of what is now Botswana and South Africa. The historical presence of the San in Botswana is particularly evident in northern Botswana's Tsodilo Hills region. In this area, stone tools and rock art paintings date back over 70,000 years and are by far the oldest known art.

>Recent analysis suggests that the San may have been isolated from other original ancestral groups for as much as 100,000 years and later rejoined, re-integrating the human gene pool.[56]

>A DNA study of fully sequenced genomes, published in September 2016, showed that the ancestors of today's San hunter-gatherers began to diverge from other human populations in Africa about 200,000 years ago and were fully isolated by 100,000 years ago, well before the first archaeological evidence of modern behaviour in humans.

Not even close. I can't believe these guys have been kicking for over 100,000 years and they haven't been wiped out by the technologically advanced Khoikhoi, Bantus migrants from Central Africa, and Europeans.

This is pretty accurate, but it's going to shit and basques will disappear in a couple of decades, since they are 99% ultra-lefties. I mean, according to most basques, you need only speak euskara to be a basque. A hundred years ago it was your surnames and your blood, it's all gone now.

Only if you buy their mythology. Chinks and pajeets are older.

Samaritans are racially different from Jews

Furthermore Samaritans Cohanim are E1b1bulls and not J(main Jewish haplogroup)

Hebrews were semitic people you retard faggot

All semitic people were black haired, black eyed, tanned people

Kill yourself
Nice argument, why would anyone believe something printed in a paper?
Everybody can make tests to proof a point, that doesnt make it true
Askhenazis and sephardics are just converts

>All semitic people were black haired, black eyed, tanned people

This

The nobility was pale-skinned tho

Daily reminder you're dealing with this guy.

>4000 years
the fuck are you talking about.

>their ancient ancestors
They dont have any, brainlet

Not all askhenazis have big noses

>Modern "Jews" are mostly geman convertites

This has been repeatedly proven wrong by countless genetic studies.

So samaritans are not semitic?

Is Dominican the worst poster on Veeky Forums?

You're not fooling anyone kike

You're not related to Hebrews and are merely LARPers

Talmudic Rabbinical Pharisees aren't even as old as Christians. Ashekinazi are younger than that.

Why the fuck do people think a sect that emerged after 70 AD has anything to do with the Hebrews?

Samaritans are older than "Jews"

The pharisees are written about in the gospels, so around the time Jesus was alive and before Christianity was a thing.

They are descendants from those Jews.

They arent

Are you the most stupid poster on Veeky Forums?

Semitic were always black haired, black eyed and tanned

Deal with it

Are you that french guy?

Current jews are khazars larping as semite

the Jews are immortal because their saint book is almost immortal and are in two variants - old testament of Jehovah for non-Jews, and testament for Jews. Both variants will be on the planet at lest 3000 year more.

And khazars were a turkic tribe, brainlet

Modern jews have nothing to do with the old hebrews aside from that they speak a butchered and artifiical version of the language.

Lol go back to /pol/

Some of them converted retard.
Ofcourse after that they further mixed with euros and arabs.

Antisemites are so dumb.

I would imagine "human" is the longest running identity.

Go read a book

How can i be antisemitic against non semitic people?
You arent semitic, STOP LARPing

This.
Also Khmer people.

Nope.

And even if you place the founding of a unified Chinese state at 200s BC, the cultural concept of "Zhongguo" dates as far back as the Zhou period in the 1200s BC.

Greeks called themselves Romans during Byzantine times, Greek identity was revived only in the 1800s (even in the 1900 there were people still identifying as Romans).

>all of these meme answers
It's unironically Australian abos, and by a massive margin.

He is not me, i don't care about the Jews because they are an insipid people and lack the philisophical spirit of the Ancient Greeks/Medieval Western Europeans.

Wrong. See

>they speak a butchered and artifiical version of the language

How? For a linguistic perspective this is just not true. There was no reconstruction involved in the revival of Hebrew.

>they speak a butchered and artifiical version of the language

How? From a linguistic perspective this is just not true. There was no reconstruction involved in the revival of Hebrew.

They're racialy diffferent because they have assyrian ancestry, other then that they're the same

cringe

As far as major cultural identities I'd probably say the Chinese. It's the only of the original river valley civilizations where the modern day state occupying that territory can trace a direct line of cultural continuity.

The Sumerians were conquered and their culture displaced, modern day Iraq is arab.

The Indus river valley civilization was wiped out by climate change/barbarians and its remnants eventually became aryanized.

Egypt was conquered by the Persians, then the Greeks, then the Romans, then the Arabs. When the Roman emperor Theodosius ordered the temples of pagan gods throughout the empire shuttered the Egyptians gave up what was possibly the world's oldest religion without any resistance at all, and in two generations it was essentially dead. As was the ability to read and write hieroglyphics, since priests were the only people who still bothered to learn it. It wouldn't be deciphered again for 1400 years, and not by Egyptians.
Then they converted again when they got conquered by the Muslims. While they can claim to descend from the ancients very little of that actual culture survives.

Norte Chico was wiped out thousands of years ago by unknown causes and regardless any successor cultures were thoroughly scrubbed away by the Spanish.

But the pre-imperial dynasties of China's bronze age are definitely the antecedents of the modern chinese culture and state.

probably berbers, i think

But can't refute

Here I thought Judism was mostly a religion...
The Hebrew people who first followed it were the ethnic group...

Which is why I specified Talmudic Rabbinical Pharisees. The Pharisees of Jesus' time would consider modern Pharisees including Orthodox to be heretics that they have nothing in common with.

>Falling to my bait

>using accusatory inversion

You are the mongrels and they are the pure ones, you are the ones that went to Assyria while they are the ones that stayed in Israel, you are the ones that adopted Assyrian alphabet and religion while they are the ones that kept their religion, you are the ones that adopted the Babylonian Talmud while they kept their Hebraic Torah

You kikes are delusional mongrels

Honestly if this issue means so much to people, just go LARP as troglodytes with your friends. Paint caves, pick berries, and hunt for wooly mammoths. Then you can truly boast of being the supremely ancient culture, at least until someone starts larping as a monkey.

No one said they were identical but they are decent phenotype preservation of the ancient Israelites

The religion itself went through an evolution. They're still the descendents biologically

are jews the most devious ethnic group of people in history?

I agree with that, i'm just pointing out that Jews are not Hebrews unlike Samaritans

Samartians arent hebrews either, semitic were black haired/eyed people with not pale skin

My guess is that you're an haitian nigger larping as a Dominican

>Jews are not Hebrews unlike Samaritans

Then why did they preserve Hebrew? Why are Samaritans & Jews so closely related to each other?

What the hell is going on with his chest insertion

They aren't related at all
See >why did they preserve Hebrew?
Germans, English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Romanians preserved Latin yet they aren't Latins/Romans

Unironically Australian aboriginies. They just don't have a written culture or much world exposure.

Bump

Literal perfection

aren't Sardinians older?

>black eyed
They were fucking demons?