What does Veeky Forums think of tire workouts?

What does Veeky Forums think of tire workouts?

I think they're re-TIRED

They're wheely hard, but when Monday rolls around I always make myself incredibly tired doing them

What does that even work out?

perhaps beneficial for athletics requiring explosion... football, wrestling, MMA etc.

for your average training man, risking throwing out your back and looking like a retard flipping a tire around is not worth it for the negligible gains.

IMO tire flipping, cross fit, tough mudder... all that stuff is simply activity or just exercise. Not really training.

So I should just stick to deadlifts and etc? I don't flip I stand in center, lift, walk five steps, repeat.

Theyre pretty tiring desu senpai

>>>/reddit/

Bump

Crossfit is powerlifting and oly lifting as well you ignorant cuck.
Also tough mudder is an endurance sporting event like any other marathon or triathlon but guaged for the average American.

Crossfit is shitty cardio and extra-shitty oly on top. A complete farce.

Lmao then you know nothing about crossfit. Endurance WODs are meant for end of workout endurance shits and giggles. The majority of crossfit on lifting days is heavy weight training. Everything isn't time based unless you're going to compete and you do your heavy lifts and endurance separate.

and what about those swinging pullups?

Those are called butterflies, meant to be an endurance/core workout from stabilizing the body, just like kettlebell swings. It's not meant to be a pullups variation for lats because crossfit utilizes weighted pullups for that.
I feel like no one understands this ever and it's always a go-to argument against crossfit.

So destroying your shoulders is a good way to do cardio and stabilize your core? Nice.

>implying it has anywhere near the degenerative effects on shoulders as benching does

>heavy weight training

you mean like 135lb deadlift for 30 reps?
or a 95lb squat for 20reps

no thanks lad I went to a crossfit gym to make sure I wasn't getting meme'd but all I saw was everything Veeky Forums told me

>constant swinging and rotating of a really delicate part of the shoulder while relying on momentum is much less dangerous than a movement that goes up and down

movie memeshit

just use weights

>implying there are frequent injuries from butterflies except in amateurs
>implying benching doesn't put constant shear on the rotator cuff, especially if you're not a manlet

Maybe you went to some shitty location.
You train like an oly lifter would, doing something like 5,5,5,3,3,3,1 for snatches, cleans etc.
Powerlifting portions (not for bench because it's not that important) are similar to 5/3/1 without maxing out frequently. More like 8/6/3.
High reps and low weight are only for WODs and 8 already covered endurance WODs, chief.

Anyone?

Hams and lower back/spinal erectors
It's like a deadlift but you push forward too

I usually end my day messing with the tire after a lot of deadlifting. Am I wasting my time?

I always tire after a workout

HAHAHAHAHA

As long as it's not negatively affecting your normal workout capacity then you're good.

Reminder that JJ Watt lifted a 1000 pound tire 30 times.

If you're lifting with one hand, that sounds like a farmers walk.

How much does that weigh?

considering that the world record tyre flip is 1350lbs once I doubt that.

they're very tiring