Should I do less leg workouts if I want to make my body to look more balanced as a pear shaped girl?

Should I do less leg workouts if I want to make my body to look more balanced as a pear shaped girl?

5'2 female, currently 110 lbs and I've been lifting regularly (4-5 times a week) for a year now. Still too much bodyfat so the fat on my thighs makes me really uncomfortable.

I am working on getting rid of the fat and typically do full body workouts with mostly compound movements and dips and curls.

Would it be better to build up my shoulders? Could really use some advice, thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cardio

>high-intensity cardio

If you aren't sweating buckets by the end you're doing it wrong.

doing cardio to speed up the weight loss or do legs look leaner with cardio?

Yes

so I should just do cardio for my legs and skip leg workouts all together?

post pic

first of all, the imbalance might not be as big as it seems to you
full body workouts are good if you don't stress the body too much, so cardio with some lower intensity strength
I'm not a girl, but crossfit style training really helped me lose weight without losing power.

>crossfit style training
Fuck off reddit

Thick thighs is good

Post full routine and weights for main lifts, total daily energy expenditure, and calorie intake.

I'm in the same boat. 5ft tall and bottom heavy. All I can tell you is no matter what I do my thighs swell up. They used to be several inches bigger than my waist. I will do up to 16 fucking hours of cardio in a week (usually more like 5-8) until I am drenched in sweat and gasping for air, then I guarantee I've put on weight and can't get my shorts back on like a day later.

Stretching is your best bet. And physical activity that doesn't put too much strain in you but is sustained and various directions. Contracting, expanding, lateral, longitudinal. Like working on a farm, doing DIY. The smallest my thighs ever looked was when I did ballet. They encourage you to engage your glutes rather than quads and hams to lift the leg on top of the stretching which helps.

no, both if you want a firm butt and lower bf

bench 5x5: 35 kg / 77 lbs

shoulder press 3x8: 20 kg / 44 lbs with dumbbells
or lateral raises 3xf: 5 kg / 11 lbs

leg press 3x8: 70 kg / 154 lbs
and on some machines like abductor 3x10: 45 kg / 99 lbs and the counterpart to that machine

curls on the preacher machine 3xf with 20 kg / 44 lbs

dips 3xf

doing cardio for warm up 10 minutes and planks for stomach muscels.

currently on a cut so I eat only 1000 kcal a day. think that is okay because i am small and my maintenance is max 1500 i think. usually 5 out of 7 days a week around 1000 kcal and 2 days on maintenance. (low carb)

can i do something better except adding more cardio? please no bully for baby weights

More barbell and dumbbell movement like squats and deadlifts will give your legs better muscle growth and give you nice shapely legs,

other than sticking with it you are o your way it just takes time, make sure to always try to make progress whether that's lifting heavier or running longer

i was afraid that squats and deadlifts will give me even bigger legs. i really want them lean and not bulky. should i really add those exercises?

It's a typical thing girls are scared of but as a guy I can assure you it is not easy for me, a 22 year old male on a high calorie surplus eating 200g of protein daily to put on muscle.

As a female of any age putting on muscle is even harder, exponentially so when cutting and you have less calories available

The compound movements requiring barbells just take more muscle coordination all together, and muscles are the ones responsible more movement AND burning calories

TL;DR squats and deadlifts won't make you bulky and are actually the most useful movements for guys and girls

Your routine is imbalanced. You're literally only doing push exercises.

You need to add back exercises (rows, lat pulldowns) and some hamstring flexion (leg curls) and glutes (deadlifts or romanian deadlifts) to fix this.

Body recomposition is also a long term process. I would suggest at some point, doing a slow bulk. This will allow you to build muscle and cut again, but keep calories at a level that you aren't starving.

As for fat thighs and legs, your body burns fat systematically. Not much you can do to target them.

girl if you're 5'2" and 110 and have been lifting for a year you should be worrying about gaining more mass and cutting fat (which i kinda doubt you have very much of) later... you might gain SOME fat in the bulking process, but you can keep it to a minimum by bulking very slowly. and the muscle will rev up your metabolism for a future cut.

Tbh need a photo to see what you are worried about, which is probably nothing, spot reduction is a myth your body chooses where to take stored fat from

thanks for your help. I was thinking about switching up my routine because now that you mention it i neglected my back pretty much.

i will also be adding deadlifts and squats (my balance sucks though so I will need to practice on them)

really appreaciate your advice

a wide back will help balance out the the width of your hips, if you're pear shaped. jealous, honestly D:

lat pulldowns!

Op, i dont want to sound like an asshole but read the sticky.
Do SS.
Eat Clean.
Dont cut unless you're grossly overweight.
Give it time.
You will see results.

Do starting strength femanon, not trolling or meme do the program for a few months until you have form down, read the fuck out of the book

Just remember, any successful routine will include:

Squat/Leg Press
Deadlift/SLDL/Romanian Deadlift + back extensions
Bench Press/horizontal press
OHP/vertical press
Rows
Pulldowns/Chinups/Pullups
Leg curls

This covers the whole body.

Your goal is progressive tension overload, meaning if you aren't increasing weights over time, you aren't getting stronger or bigger muscles.

pic related is NOT me. it's from the site my body gallery to give you some idea how my body shape is like.

I really hate that fat storage that is marked. drives me mad and I just want it gone. So if it is still there I need to cut my bodyfat more. That's how I see it. Except building my back up more to make it seem balanced.

other thoughts?

Repeat cycles of lean bulk and cutting.

not really a feminine body or what I would call 'pearshaped'

you... have nothing to worry about. srsly.

you're 5'2" and 110. that is a VERY low weight, especially if you've been lifting for a year.

unless you're going for competition-tier bodyfat levels, expect to always carry some. that's just how human bodies work, babe.

i'm more of a natural apple shape myself, so i envy the hips for sure. but i go hard as fuck on leg day so i've got the same thing going on with my legs as the girl in the pic, and i loooove it.

>not a feminine body
>literally a female

retardation: the post

any suggestion time periods? like 4 weeks cutting and then 4 weeks lean bulk?

Hey OP, can you post butt?

Will help to determine fat to muscle ratio on legs/ass. Also >110 5'2

What are you aiming for?

tl;dr: Post butt and whats your goal weight.

I really start to think I have body dysmorphia because i feel like I have the worst thunder thighs.

my measurements are chest: 86 cm (34inch?), waist: 67 cm (26in?) and hips 93 cm (37in?) so the widest part on my body are my hips...

I guess i just really have to go low on my body fat to get my dream body and to build muscels to stay at a healthy weight

Cut as long as you still feel sane/have energy. It really depends how lean you are.

Cut 6-8 weeks, then take a 2 week diet break at maintenance.

From there, you can continue cutting, and then take another diet break, or you can bulk. From the bulk (however long you want it last), take another 2 week break to eat maintenance, then cut.

is there any way to really reliable calculate the caloric needs for my body? because at my height and weight 100 kcal can make a real difference between bulking and maintaining.

you probably do have body dysmorphia. i dealt with it for a longgggg time, too. still have episodes, but i'm doing much better.

you should either focus on building muscle or losing fat, cause you can't do both at the same time. but at 5'2" and 110, you either have VERY little muscle mass or VERY, VERRRRRY little body fat. so...

i should add, you likely don't have much of either.

i'm under 5'3" myself so i know what it looks like, lol.

You could invest in a fit tracker. I don't know a lot about those, but as long as it's consistent, you'll be able to gauge how many calories you're actually burning. If you do try this, I've heard setting your actual weight 5-10lbs lower is a better estimate of energy expenditure.

The other way is to use multiple different energy expenditure calculators and pick the average.

Here's 2
health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

If a 500 calorie deficit doesn't have you losing weight, increase the deficit by 10%. Picking the right foods to keep you full will be essential.

dude srsly she's 5'2" and 110 she doesn't need to be cutting

maybe if you posted a fucking picture you could get some real fucking advice

why are these turbo autists even trying to help you

You didn't follow the exchange, advising cut/bulk cycles.

Anyways, you can't tell people no to do something if they are set on it, just give them the tools and resources to do it better and safer.

If I were you I certainly wouldn't start lacking in the legs department if it's balance you want. You might just end up top heavy, and while that can be good lookin' too, it's not as easy to pull off or to make look feminine 'n' sexay. A 7 cm difference between chest and hips doesn't sound like a strong pear shape and this isn't specifically pear-y either. Your measurements match more the description of an hourglass.
regards a slightly chestjelly,
chest 77
waist 62
hips 95

also on top of a lower fat %, a perky butt and a big ol' gluteus maximus should help with balancing that out and smoothing it.

I don't want to put pictures on my self on a vietnamese basket weaving forum okay? I am trying my best to compensate by using substitutes and am helpful for advice.

pic related is my ass shape. still i have some fat deposits on the marked area on both sides and cellulite there.

the rest of the butt is firm and no cellulite.

my goal weight would be 48 kg (106 lbs?) and a bodyfat of 18%.

So yeah I guess i will just cut for the summer the next weeks and then go on maintenance and build muscle with a new routine.

just want to lose 4 lbs and this means i would have to go 4 straight weeks with a deficit of 500 kcal but i think that it will take longer because i have maintenance days in between

was meant for the post above. didn't think about putting my weight a bit lower on the calculaturs. i think i will do that to be on the safe side to not eat too much.

Body recomposition takes a while. Be patient and consistent. In the mean time, at least your ass is attractive.

currently I am really set on losing fat and train 5-6 days a week to encourage my muscels to stay.

Some days are better than others but currently i really feel shitty about those fat deposits on my thighs. but yeah I guess everyone has some insecurities. I am working on fixing it

to be honest my breast are the only thing I like about my body. they are small and perky and literally the only thing about my body i got compliments on.

there was a time were my hips were 100 cm so I worked my way up to this "slight" pear shape.

user old, you can't be dropping basket weaving memes on a Lithuanian fruit fly breeding Facebook page and expect to not post some kind of noods

I don't get it, why wouldn't you want to +3?

nah Veeky Forums will only make my body dysmorphia worse.

because i am a fucking dyke who doesn't want to end up in a high test thread

are you ugly? you must be ugly to be this level headed and humorous, just post from the neck down

She said she was a dyke user, also most girls aren't as different from you and I regardless of what the turbo-autists on this site think

hey dykes can be ugly too, in fact most are

Was ugly as a child and teen so I had the oppurtunity to build a personality and humour. now I am slightly above average i would say but still paranoid (thanks /pol/?) so no pics sry

-1 is best one

Are u a lesbian user?

Pol and fit?
TORONTO

no way i would live in that feminist hell hole

>doesn't want to post pics of herself on an anonymous bord
>posts some juicy glutespread pictures on instagram later

female logic everyone

on a srs note, 500kcal deficit is quite large
if you want to look better then you should do a lot of glute isolation exercises and get good hamstrings so your cellullite will show less

Ehh I live in one of thesurrounding cities it's not that bad, to many god dam immigrants that can't speak fluent English though god dammit

>implying i have social media accs

male logic everyone

i was only planning to do it for a short time. i guess i will up the calories for a bit and just hit the gym harder with all the advice I got in package

here where I live in europe it isn't better either. I was actually harrassed by 4 refugees when i went home from gym this week. sucks but that's just how it is now. more important than ever to get strong nowadays

What country?