Today I found out I herniated my s5 l1 during a botched re-rack can I still potentially make it...

today I found out I herniated my s5 l1 during a botched re-rack can I still potentially make it? or should I be googling painless suicide methods?

What happened during the workout, any pain? How did you found out (before going to the doc)?

Idk how to explain this well but,

I believe getting hurt is a huge facet of lifting and if youre obsessed enough to try to recover and push on then you'll reach a potential you only dreamed of.

You might not break a deadlift record for the next 2 years but trust me when you finally recover there will be gains.

Take time off. Look at Josh Hancott, similar injury, and he tried to push through it only to make it worst.

was bench pressing and for some reason my shoulders wouldn't rerack the bar so I had to improvise with my back which caused the initial injury. but I don't think my disc herniated until I went to pick up my bag and I felt a cyst-like popping sensation in my back.

I have had a similar injury 2 years ago.
My advice is:
>no back straining exercises
>find a good chiropractor, visit him 2 times per month
>get an inversion table and use it 3 times daily for 5-10 minutes at a 60 degree angle

My disc was covering ~70% of my canal, surgeon said only surgery will fix it. 2 years later i don't have any pain, my disc has decreased around 70% in size and still getting smaller.

If you want a painless suicide method then just put on a mask that is connected to a helium tank and go to sleep.

You won't wake up.

This would never have happened if you did deadlifts.

I'm going to see a psychiatrist tomorrow for a botched back that I have right now. about 8 months ago I was doing reverse hyper-extensions and I just recently moved up, and I was working out with a buddy so I was like "fuck it" and lifted the same amount then fucked my back up for week. Didn't squat and dead back then but now that I am it's giving me a lot of pain and recently I went down a shit on both those lifts now, I really hope I didn't herniate it back then

if you're not having problems sitting up/down I doubt you did.

Is this true?

Should have squatted

Probably time to take up other physical activities. Run, swim, yoga, cycle, hike etc.

I don't know what happened to me back, maybe same issue, but I didn't want to make it worse. Lifting is hardly worth chronic back pain.

Of course you'll here the usual bullshit about not making it, but these are children who have yet to see beyond their noses, and can't effectively weigh things in life.

push through the pain you pussy its with you for life

I thought snap city was just a meme

yes

>even newer than NYRs

what are you doing here?

Standing up I have to brace my core and I get just a bit of pain then, if I sit down for a really long time though then go and run up the stairs to the second floor my lower back hurts. Not so much for sitting down

>injury is a facet of lifting

this is what people with poor form actually believe.

You new-age memers are so retarded.

Say that to my face not online. DYEL?

Had something similiar. After that, my routine was basically onle Dips, Chinups and Planks with lots of stretching for some months.

I bulged a disc in my back about 2ish years ago doing deadlifts with shit form. Took about 8 months of not squatting, or deadlifting, and lots of stretching and icing, and then I could squat and deadlift again, switched to sumo though to play it safe.

Yes. Your erector spinae muscles would've been stronger.

>Hah. There is NO way you can injure your back by using it under a heavy load. Haha no way that's not even medically possible hahahaha

This is how retarded you sound.

How do I know if I've just got a sprained back or full on snap city slipped disk mode?
I'm wondering since OP only found out about it after the accident.

I injured my back from poor form and been getting sporadic sudden pain in the lower back.

I can bend over and pick up things fine, and the pain is only in the lower back so it doesn't shoot down my legs or anything like that.

Sounds like a minor hernia that goes away after a week or two. If you get pain immediately after or during a workout and it's sharp/stabbing - I'd be worried. If it's dull and aching and you feel it slightly after the workout, it's probably not as serious and just a sprain. Remember, your lower back muscles get sore and fatigued just as much as your legs and everything else and if your form isn't good you'll start using your spine instead of your muscles to get the weight moving. I often feel pain in my lower back after a workout but I usually do squats and deadlifts on the same day so it's expected. The day after I don't feel anything and have full and complete painless range of motion in my lower back.

>got herniated disc when I was a beginner becasue my lower back had no muscle and I did heavy deads
>went to a local shaman chiropractor
>he pinched and twisted the area pushing the disc in place
>immediate pain relief
>took couple of days to full recover
>he told me my lower back muscles are nonexistant and that I should work on that
>didn't listen
>had to go 3 more times, once I lifted a 60lbs with full arch, lol stupid beginner
>in the end I learned how to fix my dics by myself
>got sick of it
>do every day lower back excercise since then
>at home and gym back extensions every time and rack pulls
>never had a problem
>literally feel the muscles holding my spine and perventing disc to go out

all gym noobs should be warned to work their lower back before anything and develop some back strength before deads and squats

good luck OP

Disc herniation is a lot more common than people realise. Some studies suggest it can occur asymptomatically in about 60-70% of the population.

Ofcourse you can potentially make it. Most serious powerlifters/strongman/weightlifters have experienced herniation or bulging disc. It's problematic when it impinges on a nerve. Do you have numbness or tingling down your legs/lower back?

My advice is to go to a good physical therapist with experience dealing with strength training individuals. May be you only need to release tightness from your erectors and work on strengthening them up and you're good to go.