How historically accurate is Mount & Blade?

How historically accurate is Mount & Blade?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Germany
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

VC is pretty ok at the start, though it obviously goes to shit once factions start declaring wars all over. Their mapping of the Irish tribes is pretty spot on

The Swadians are whitewashed, they were oppressive demons seeking to simply fill up their bellies in feasts, rather than uphold the well-being of the empire.

Swadians are pigdogs who only exist to fill my coffers with the contents of their villages

Massacre of Praven best month of my life.

Idk, but I like joining the Vaegirs anf btfoing Khans and Turks. I guess it helps they're based on Russia since i'm a bit of an slavophile

Somewhat historically accurate.

That Sea Raiders drank from skulls is a disgusting lie spread by anti-white kherg*t rape babies in Reyvadin

t. King "Kited by horse archers" Ragnar

>kherg*t

How do I know that you are a filthy veag*r taiga nigger?

The weapons and armour are reasonably accurate.

It plays in a sort of Napoleonic era, but with knights, so no.

t. Angry S*adian

Disgusting nords fuck off calradia is full

I do like making the vaegir the bitch of Khergits with my mongol bros

As far as mechanics...

Using spears as an overhead swinging weapon is plain silly and it annoys me when my character does this so I never make use of them

Sarranids are the only civilized faction. All others should bow down and pay tribute to the glorious Sultan.

Can someone give me a breakdown of the obvious real-world counterparts to the fictional factions in M&B?
Obviously the Khergits are the Mongols and Sultans are Turks but I'm unsure about some of them.

Rhodoks appear to be these sort of Italian/Swiss hybrid.

Swadia - Western Europe
Rhodoks - Italian city states
Nords - Scandinavia
Vaegirs - Eastern Europe
Khergits - Turks/Mongols
Sarranids - Arabs

Swadia is France, vaegirs are russians, nords are what it says on the tin, rhodoks are niggers

>playing vanilla M&B

t. Sw*dian.

Swadia is Swabian, ie Austrians
Rhodoks is Genoa
Nords is 1066 Norse
Vaegirs is Kiev and the Russian princes
Khergits is mongols
Sarranid is Sassanian and Mameluke sultanate

Soeaking of historical accuracy in games
Were spears in Ptolemy Egypt as long as the first two spears you get in AC:Origind
Yeah obviously he was talking about 1257 AD

What are some good mods then?

Diplomacy.litdum on steam is good. VC is pretty fun. There’s one set in Southeast Asia where you can play as Portuguese. The lord or the rings mod is fun but is slow to start

1257 Ad
A clash of kings
Evlat
Prophecy of Pendor

Just google it

Nords - Scandinavians/Vikings
Swadia - Franks/Holy Roman Empire
Rhodoks - Italian Cities
Sarranid - Arabian
Vaegir - Russian/Slavic
Khergit - Mongolic

>Swabia=Austria
why?

Gekokujo.

post your character Veeky Forums

This is old image of my main, Goza, the most honourable Venetian merchant. He can be found trading in spices, salt, wines, dates, and other various trinkets and goods far and wide.

He never lifts his hand in anger, barring those times his caravan must defend itself from unruly brigands that plague the travelers of the road.

So you’re one of those retards that think Austrians aren’t german right

Dickplomacy.

>just trader
I’ll try this over Christmas, any mods which let you subsidise factions, and you playing in Calradia or Europe

if it was good enough for Bismark, then it must be good enough for me.

Calradia, as 1257's Europe is too large and empty a map for my own liking.

Sadly there are no good mods that focus on enhancing the experiences of the merchants, there is diplomacy though (of which many mods incorporate elements from) which drastically removes the minutia of dealing with this game.

>48 BC
Does that answer your question?

No but you seem to be a retard not knowing about German medieval history and feeling smart doing this.

Swadia - HRE mixed with Poland
Rhodoks - Hussities
Veagirs - 'Rus
Khergits - Mongols/Tatars

Sorry I’ve been playing 1257 for so long, what does Diplomacy add besides chamberlains to castles, is the one on Steam still the most up to date version

>how historically accurate is a game set in a fictional universe
?

Don't ever respond to me by mistake again.

>want to 'av a go with good ol' m&b warband
>start a new save
>nice and slowly, smooth beginning
>2 years of game time pass
>the map is a mess; Sarranids have taken Rivacheg, Nords are fighting Khergits etc
>cities change their kangz every 5 minutes
>border gore border gore border gore
>close game
How do I stop this?

I cant play 1257 because they fucked Sweden up big time.
It's too late to fix that now I think

One of the ragging ritual in my band for newly recruited heroes was to make them charge the ennemy alone with a club and fully dressed in woman's clothes. Good times, good times.

You don't. That's how medieval states were son. Centered around allegiances leading to border gore.

I mean, among culturally similar areas at the very least. Not shit like Count Gerluchs defecting to Sarranids or something.

>Honourable
>Ven*tian
Pick one

Make that slighting remark in my company you cursed varlot!

Swadians - French
Rhodoks - Italians
Nords - Scandinavians
Vaegirs - Russians
Khergits - Turco-Mongols
Sarranids - Arabs

the swadians are germans and the french together

as it was supposed to be

How am I a retard, Austrians are the heirs to Swabians

There is a mod that makes it a thrust.

>the swadians are germans
Source : You
>as it was supposed to be
Said no one ever

>swadians
>not named after the swabians
c'mon man, it's really really close. it has to be

Swadian nobility have straight up French names(Delinard) and French-sounding names, there's also the use of Heavy Cavalry that is mostly a French-thing

>it's really really close. it has to be
And so is Sweden

1)Swadian nobility has French names(Delinard, Rafard, Plais) and French-sounding names(Mirchaud, Montewar)
2)The use of Heavy Cavalry by Swadians, that is mostly a French-thing.
3)Swadia is a kingdom like Medieval France while Medieval Germany was an Empire.

>it's really really close. it has to be
And so is Sweden

ftfm

>Delinard, Rafard, Plais
Nice cherrypicking. Klargus, Rochabarth, Meltor, Harlaus

>The use of Heavy Cavalry by Swadians, that is mostly a French-thing.
Hilarious

>while Medieval Germany was an Empire.
1.Semantics
2.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Germany

Are you that franco-troyan turboautist by chance?

>tfw someone is attacking left but they are pretending and switch and attack right

Elaborate.

Nigger it's French AND German.

>Sweden
What the fuck does this have to do with anything else? Swadia is literally one letter away from Swabia. The similarity is clearly intentional.

>come from the mountains
>eventually their mountain people rebel
>unable to put down mountain people because of perfidious tactics
Literally hapsburgs man

Control the borders directly

What?

>Nice cherrypicking.

Here's the complete list

French or French-sounding
>Count Beranz
>Count Tredian
>Count Clais
>Count Deglan
>Count Delinard
>Count Devlian
>Count Despin
>Count Mirchaud
>Count Montewar
>Count Plais
>Count Rafard
>Count Rafarch
>Count Regas
>Count Stamar
>Count Tredian

German or German-sounding
>King Harlaus
>Count Haringoth(it sounds french too)
>Count Grainwad
>Count Klargus
>Count Meltor(it sounds french too)
>Count Rochabarth

Other
>Count Ryis

>1.Semantics
A kingdom is different from an empire, a kingdom is an ethno-state while an empire is multi-ethnic.

>2.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Germany
A mere imitation of the French kingdom that failed because the German Soul is unfit for monarchy.

>2)The use of Heavy Cavalry by Swadians, that is mostly a French-thing.

Do you think the Germans fought any differently from the French in the medieval era?

Believe what you want to believe, I guess.

>Napoleonic

The fuck are you on about?

>implying Rhodoks aren't Scottish/Italians
go back to your forests swadian nigger

>Swadia is France
>Name is literally a GERMAN kingdom with one letter changed (Swabia)
When the fuck will this meme just die

>Lords ride around everywhere with an army
>An army made up of ~100 men
>Who can get completely massacred and replaced within weeks
>And all part of a kingdom's total fighting strength of ~1000 men.

The game operates on a level best suited for barons and counts, not kings.

Actually agreed. The scale should be reduced so that 20 men is considered a large force.

Ah, so you really are a moron, my condolences.

If the Austrians don't want to be part of germany, they're not german.

>if I don't want to be x I am not x
mental illness

The kingdom meme is too strong. Total War games are the same way.

A game about warring barons and constantly shifting alliances would be radical.

>bringing Friedrich II
He was EMPEROR of the Romans

Try days

You what?

Agreed. The scale of things are just too gamey - would be better to admit it's what it is and call it by that name.

But then, you wouldn't have a large amount of unit variation if that involved baronies.

No reason you couldn't. Rather, the default scale forces unit variation in a boring way, i.e. the crossbow faction or the horsearcher faction.

IMHO it would be much neater to have a more historical system, in which you either rely on people getting their own equipment (culture-specific items representative of their respective economic standing), or you buy it in bulk for them (so you get custom troops without gimmicky heroes).

>Spend 100 bucks
>person pulls metal armor and a horse out of their ass

Yeah, that always bothered me.
That, and not needing repairs, resupplies or anything at all, ever, except food.

>not leveling up every lord you encounter to >lvl 2000

>A kingdom is different from an empire, a kingdom is an ethno-state while an empire is multi-ethnic
Wow so Henry VIII ruled over just Englishmen then eh no welsh, Cornish or Irish

>a kingdom is an ethno-state
This might be the dumbest post I've ever read

What game of Mount & Blade should i buy guys. the one that has most mods available and is the best one?
Would i need any other mod for that game?

Warband is the best one by far, at least until 2 comes out (((soon))). As for mods, it depends on what you're into, but I'd play for a little in vanilla first to get a feel for the base mechanics.

do i need any dlc for warband? viking conquest or napoleonic wars ?

Warband durr

Wouldn't need any mods unless you were looking for something specific. Have a loo through the mods and see if there's anything that tickles your fancy though.

what about dlcs desu? some dlc is really mandatory or makes the game better?

>a kingdom is an ethno-state

>Kingdom of Spain
>Kingdom of Poland
>Kingdom of Portugal
>Kingdom of Hungary
>Kingdom of Jerusalem
>Kingdom of Sweden

I personally couldn't stand VC for gameplay reasons. Some people like it, but you don't 'need' it per se. It's not like it adds to Calradia's map, for example. They're treated almost like completely separate games.

I've played warband since it was released and I've downloaded a fair amount of mods, most have been bad/average but few have been gems.

I don't know of anyone who has bought any DLCs. To be honest, I know there's a Napoleonic DLC but there's also a Napoleonic mod which (I can imagine) is far more poplar than the DLC, considering large battles still take place.

I'd say get Warbands. It's basically the same as the original Mount and Blade but with more depth and options. Then just browse for any mods out there you may like. I'm sure if there's a DLC you like the sound of there will be a similar mod you can get for free.

thanks anons

I really like Viking Conquest, but the worst aspect of the mod/expansion pack to me is how strange the character models and faces look, compared to regular Warband and most mods. The faces look kind of coneheaded, with few preset face options and relatively few hairstyles (two or three short haircuts, that's it, and some facial hair types in Warband were missing), and the bodies are a bit too broad-shouldered.