Tango

What do you guys know about the history of Tango?

Here's my favorite one "Siglo XX cambalache". It was writen in 1934 yet seems more appliable today than in the past.

Here's the english translation and a video

youtube.com/watch?v=vH6_jzFlkFg

That the world was and it will be filth,
I already know...
In the year five hundred and six
and in the year two thousand too!
There always have been thieves,
traitors and victims of fraud,
happy and bitter people,
valuables and imitations
But, that the twentieth century
is a display
of insolent malice,
nobody can deny it anymore.
We lived sunk in a fuzz
and in the same mud
all well-worn...

Today it happens it is the same
to be decent or a traitor!
To be an ignorant, a genius, a pickpocket,
a generous person or a swindler!
All is the same! Nothing is better!
They are the same, an idiot ass
and a great professor!
There are no failing grades or merit valuations,
the immoral have caught up with us.
If one lives in a pose
and another, in his ambition, steals,
it's the same if it's a priest,
a mattress maker, a king of clubs,
a cad or a tramp.

What a lack of respect,
what a way to run over reason!
Anybody is a gentleman!
Anybody is a thief!
Mixed with Stavinsky, you have Don Bosco
and La Mignon
don Chicho and Napoleon,
Carnera and San Martin.
Like in the disrespectful window
of the bazaars,
life is mixed up,
and wounded by a sword without rivets
you can see a Bible crying
next to a water heater.

Twentieth century, bazaar
problematic and feverish!
If you don't cry you don't get fed
and if you don't steal you're a stupid.
Go ahead! Keep it up!
That there, in hell
we're gonna reunite.
Don't think anymore,
move out of the way.
Nobody seems to care
if you were born honest.
It's the same the one who works,
day and night like an ox,
than the one who lives from the others,
than the one that kills or heals
or than the one who lives outside the law.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x6Jv_JrjJIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it translates like shit
I prefer Piazzolla and instrumental stuff

I don't really like tango, I'm more of a k-pop kind of guy.

degenerate negro dance. any patrician rightfully detests this low brow dance that for whatever in our modern day is equated to "class" when originally it was the utter opposite of it.

Pfft you probably never attended a ball before

i'm sorry, how is that relevant? The fact of the matter is is that tango was low brow working class music that became a popular pop cultural export from argentina for the enjoyment of the mediocre middle classes to virtu signal as cosmopolitans. it's reified mediocrity

Tango is shit, new tango es amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=x6Jv_JrjJIY

>degenerate negro dance
>created by european immigrants
Found the amerimutt brainwashed by Banderas' movie

Youre implying that its lowly origins are grounds on being degenerate
Lots of things started as less than noble origins yet are refined and adopted

>uses "patrician" unironically
>spergs about the music origin rather than talking about the music itself
>is concerned more about what the art he consumes says about him (low brow, degenerate negro, class, cosmopolitan) than about the art
>uses "working class" as a negative
Let me guess, you are retarded /pol/tard that larps as a traditionalist art critic.

>created by european immigrants
?? one second research on wikipedia. obviously there's european influence and its more a fusion of influences, but it derived from black slave shit and was then unsurprisingly taken up by europoor immigrants

>wikipedia

The working class in late XIX-early XX century Argentina was made up by italians and spaniards mostly, as well other europeans.

Guess those are brown, right Pedro? Or were you projecting again /pol/ memes into reality?

"The music derived from the fusion of various forms of music from europe"
Can you read?
It was created by european immigrants from france, italy, spain and germany in argentina with african influences from slaves in uruguay, retard.
You know shit about what you are sperging about and just want to be part of your hivemind but are on the wrong board. Fuck off to your containment board, retard.

i'm unironically an aristocrat of the soul

>uses "patrician" unironically
as opposed to what? a cultural relativist who thinks that everything has equivalence and there's no standards beyond individual taste? thats fine with me but i'm entitled to my own opinion

>spergs about the music origin rather than talking about the music itself
because you know so much about the musical intricacies and are a learned art critic yourself? the truth is that nobody here is really capable of analysis (whatever that means) beyond the most superficial level unless your a trained musician who has years of study. anybody else (including you, including myself) have a very shallow idea of anything. That said, I see tango as analogous to modern pop culture and admiration of it nothing more than respecting it less on its merits and more on its quaintness. I suspect many like it similar to why neckbeards try to wear fedoras: because they think its "classy". Historically it really wasn't all that classy and more about posturing and infatuation with exoticism.

>>is concerned more about what the art he consumes says about him (low brow, degenerate negro, class, cosmopolitan) than about the art
i suspect a lot of music now and then is almost always judged, lacking musical education, on the types of people who consumed it. Not saying its a good thing but it's just how things are.

>uses "working class" as a negative
it is only to the degree that "working class" has historically been associated with glitz and glamor and sentimentalism rather than actual substance. but then again, its ultimately subjective whether emotionalism is a virtue or not.

Americans like to claim that everything made outside of USA is native/african/whatever to claim that outside Europe they are the only white, western and equally european people

While IRL it's pretty much the opposite

Thats why im asking in how much you really know on your dances based on your unsubstantiated “patrician” taste

>i'm unironically an aristocrat of the soul
You are unironically retarded and your reply is cringeworthy as fuck.

>because you know so much about the musical intricacies and are a learned art critic yourself? the truth is that nobody here is really capable of analysis (whatever that means) beyond the most superficial level unless your a trained musician who has years of study. anybody else (including you, including myself) have a very shallow idea of anything. That said, I see tango as analogous to modern pop culture and admiration of it nothing more than respecting it less on its merits and more on its quaintness. I suspect many like it similar to why neckbeards try to wear fedoras: because they think its "classy". Historically it really wasn't all that classy and more about posturing and infatuation with exoticism.
Again, not a single thing about the music itself, just about what it projects about yourself. You are so insecure that you consume art on the basis on what it might say about you rather than on its merits. It's sad and pathetic. Even worse because you've demonstrated that you don't even know the music and are just trying to feed an echochamber.
Also, calling youself "an aristocrat of the soul" and laughing at fedora wearing neckbeards in the same post is hilarious.

desu i'm mostly basing my opinion on Julio Cortazar's short story "the gates of heaven" which is from the perspective of a middle class professional type who openly scorns the lower classes when he goes to a tango club in the 1930s. While cortazar later disowned the story i was struck at the time by how the protagonist's analysis was similar to someone criticizing how crass popular music of today is, and how respectable people back then would have seen tango as trash-tier. That said the story it can very well be read as satire.

>because you know so much about the musical intricacies and are a learned art critic yourself? the truth is that nobody here is really capable of analysis (whatever that means) beyond the most superficial level unless your a trained musician who has years of study. anybody else (including you, including myself) have a very shallow idea of anything.
As a quick search in youtube or googling will tell you, there's thousands of renowned classical musicians and orchestras that deem the works of people like piazzolla worth playing/covering/rearranging.

I'm sorry but you're reading too deeply into my reply. All I ask now is that YOU identify the merits of the music. You yourself should be able to explain to me why tango is good or bad. I suspect you can't besides saying that it's emotionally appealing, as most music is.

>Also, calling youself "an aristocrat of the soul"
I'm sorry you're taking my shitposting so seriously

>1930
As i said,cultural progression is definitely something that happens even to the lowliest of activity or aspect
Back in the days you would get scorn for wearing black tie for an evening event,or be associated with peasants if you have high tea