Why are burgers considered bad for you?

Why are burgers considered bad for you?

because usually burgers are made at fastfood joints with questionable quality products, deep fried shit and high sodium levels.
Just make burgers yourself with whole wheat buns, skip the mayo and youre set?

Homemade burgers aren't TERRIBLE for you assuming you mix lean and non-lean meat so it isn't a greaseball but non homemade burgers get the reputation because the patties are all fat, little protein, and ridiculous calories for the macros.

/thread

>high quality beef
>tomatos and other nice veggies
>wholemeal bread
>just not TERRIBLE

So I'll assume chicken breast and mashed root vegetables would qualify as JUST BARELY NUTRITIONAL by your standards.

cheat day! after i wake up im going to Homerun Burger and getting a double mushroom and swiss with one or 2 fried eggs on it.

correct

because of the bun, the sauce, the cheese and the patty

>>tomatoes and other nice veggies

tomatoes are a fruit

Usually cos theyre big and full of fat calories.
Patties are usually made with a fair amount of fat mixed in, like 30+% so that it stays juicy. The sauce is often mayo based or ketchup based which is high in calories. The bun is normally sweeter then usual and on top of all that you might add bacon or cheese.
Its high in fat, salt and sugar basically

And this is talking good burgers. Not mcdonalds crap

>Usually cos theyre big and full of fat calories.

which is good for bulking and testosterone, and chicken burgers will have decent to good protein too

Yea well its not too healthy if youre not bulking like 99% of the population

make your own

lean ground beef is better than the shit mcdicks uses

but "healthy" is relative to your goals. if you're trying to be slim skellington then it's only worth eating celery. if you're trying to be fit then it's about whether you're bulking or cutting.

if someone says burgers are unhealthy, then they mean only for their personal food needs.

i'm pretty sure some emancipated kid in ethiopia or some other 3rd world country would not call a burger unhealthy.

Yes but the answer to ops question is because for most 1sr world people, its unhealthy

>High quality
Are you trying to say that the nutritional content of minced beef varies significantly? If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

In general people eat too much saturated fat, cholesterol and sugar. You get the first two from the beef, and the last one from the bread (even if it is wholemeal)

Make the buns yourself like scooby use frozen veges
Use like 90/10
season meat with lots of spices and mininmal salt, use a lot of black pepper
Add some cheese and you have one of the most healthiest meals possible in burger form

>red meat
>buns injected with vegetable oil
>high fat cheddar

The fries are worse and there's nothing wrong with a homemade chicken burger.

You have literally 0 knowledge. Beef patties contain little saturated fat or cholesterol, also they arent even close to be a big part of people's diet. Unsaturated fat like vegetable oil are found in every processed food though. Lastly the amount of sugar in the bread of one or two burgers is absurdly small compared to any fruit.

Its mainly cause fatties eat them 24/7

>tfw you make your own proteic bread (basically no flour, made with egg white and oats) and then make a sandwich with chicken breast, garlic, black pepper,tomato, salad and seasoned cottage cheese mixed with tuna

what does Veeky Forums think of homemade veggieburgs from mostly bean and mushrooms?

Nice.
Use 50/50 quinoa and lentil, with some egg and breadcrumb as binder. You can add shredded veges and mushrooms in as well

Nope.
Beef patties use cheaper fatty cuts.

thanks for the tip, i'll try that next time!

They're not inherently bad for you. It's the fats that are considered unhealthy, but if your diet is more or less healthy, you can have burgers every now and then.

based