What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

fansided.com/2016/05/23/steve-weatherford-savagely-calls-out-planet-fitness-for-being-a-terrible-place-video/
instagram.com/p/BDjPUIaNGo_/?taken-by=trihex
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing - gives a place for normies to go. I wish more normies from my gym went there instead...

>normies
You mean BETAS

Nothing.
>fats and normies want to pretend to be fit
>fats and normies still hate the gym and fitness people
>PFs judgement free BS faux morality bullshit allows them to feel morally superior
>fats and normies of course never actually go to the gym
>fats and normies get to say they go to the gym and PF gets their money

I'm convinced a Veeky Forumsizen created planet fitness as a containment gym

I don't mind normie gyms. I'm not strong enough for serious weightlifting gyms yet.. i'd be embarrassed at my abysmal numbers

Normie gyms that have a couple squat racks are fine by me. Plus, I get to see all of the cardio bunnys shaking their jelly asses while I squat 2 pl8

>fansided.com/2016/05/23/steve-weatherford-savagely-calls-out-planet-fitness-for-being-a-terrible-place-video/

Is Veeky Forums meme'ing about planet fitness? I don't have those in my country but I recently learned that trihex works out in one with his friends and they're clearly not beginners.

instagram.com/p/BDjPUIaNGo_/?taken-by=trihex

how come people don't "lunk alarm" them or whatever? I feel like planet fitness is not that bad and Veeky Forums is just meme'ing

Ha, this

>tfw there's no powerlifting gym near your location

I go to a Planet Fatness.

Girls only use cardio machines and the squat rack so it's basically my own personal gym.

General Veeky Forumsizen opinion on elliptical machines?

The industrial revolution

There is literally nothing wrong with planet fitness. It's a great business model.

Better for joints, do if you are fat.
Better to run on a treadmill.

hey 2 pl8 squat is a very decent number don't beat yourself up user

Good if you have some kind of problem like shin splints. Otherwise regular running is superior.

Are they really better for joints though? I know its "low-impact" but there's something to be said about training how you want to live/perform and the elliptical motion is not something I ever do IRL

I did it in the first month of gym going.
I did it's job, warmed me up and gave me a little workout.
Just know that the elliptical imitates running, it will never be 100% running.

Yes, it is miles better for your joint. I use it a lot because my joints and my back/shoulders are petty fucked, and it's a good work out for them.

It's great as long as you don't expect to start training outside, or that doing 10k on the elliptical makes you okay to go and run a 10k outside with no other training.

My physical therapist told me treadmills are actually worse for your joints than normal running. No idea why that would be though, maybe they add an extra bounce because it's not a hard surface?

>tfw stalled at 160 squat
kill me now

stride length

Huh, never would have guessed. But yeah, that makes sense.

Welp I'm only paying 10 a month and it's actually pretty inspirational to me personally to try and outgrow an entire gym

This.

I'm obese and signed up a few months ago. Currently all I really want to and can really do is cardio but that's enough for the time being. My goal to outgrow it one day.

When I feel I've done that I'll post progress pics on this board.

top kek

I make use of them because I've got some horrid planar fasciitis. Would definitely recommend if you're contending with anything similar

well the mammals always run outside, you dont see them complaining

Better off using a stairmaster or treadmill, more efficient use of time.

>Jalen standing on his toes

I do dumbbells and isolations so it doesn't matter to me. I have a pull-up bar at home to do all my bodyweight shit. It's like any other gym, you get out of it what you put in.

It's also a fuckload cheaper than Gold's, and their equipment is actually in great condition -- they don't just let shit deteriorate while having the audacity to charge an annual $80 "upkeep" fee.

Is 2pl8 squat really that impressive? Ive been able to 2.5pl8 for a couple years now and I only know that because I tested my 1rep max recently. I don't actually squat regularly. Just diddy.

Elliptical is way too easy. I can do an hourvat 10mph on resistance 3. Compared to only 15 minutes on a treadmill at 10mph

I go to PF. There's always at least a few 300lb+ hamplanets on the bike machines. Of course they choose to SIT DOWN pedal instead of at least walking on a treadmill. How do these people ever expect to loose weight?

I can smell it bruh
I can smell the pussy and ass

This thread seems appropriate.
Going from home gym to joining my 'rec' centre soon.
They just spent a shit load upgrading everything, is worth going here for the added options of pool, spa, sauna, courts as well as brand new gym.
There are other gyms in town but this is walking distance.

Tldr. Join ymca type rec centre with pool as well as gym, or join normal gym?

Audible kek

It's not impressive at all, it's just not complete shit. A regular person would probably be impressed if he does it ATG.

Sounds like a great opportunity to open a business

Yeah that's what I thought. I personally think 3pl8 is impressive.

>mfw I posted this picture 20 minutes after this post in a totally random attempt to thank some anons for their answers, and I didn't even see this post until now
>mfw I haven't seen this pic in 3 months lurkin Veeky Forums

what is this sorcery

Planet fitness doesnt have squat racks. You mean smith machines right? Fuck you go die.

The track has no variation, so you hit your foot in the exact same way over and over

rec center

depends on your rec center, but the one I go to is better and cheaper than the nearby gyms

Any particular reason
Other than women in swimwear?

Maybe its because I could already deadlift 405 before I focused on squats but first time I maxed out it was 225. Took 3 months to squat 315 in sleeves. On my way to 405 now. But I'm 6'8 240 so its not impressive

The chads came and took all the pizza

Deload to like 135 or 140 then work your way back up. You'll probably get to like 185 before you have to deload to like 165. Just keep doing that you'll be at 225 in no time

Man if these gyms had more free weights they would be awesome.
Well, excluding the =nocritics shit

2pl8 is pretty decent my lad
Also don't worry about people judging your low numbers, nobody cares wtf you're doing unless you're in the way or doing something ridiculous like squatting on top of a bosu ball